The evolution of Palestine?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Jan 27, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So in your opinion, Palestinians should just pack up and leave?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Technically, if Israel is not recognised by Palestinians does it exist?

Of course the fact that Jordan is ethnically made up of Palestinian Arabs may be one reason why the Palestinians did not protest at the annexation. Plus they did not kill the Palestinians on a daily basis as the Israelis do.

I doubt Israel recovered it for the Palestinians. If so, they never would have annexed Galilee in the first place.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

of course not.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Right, besides its pretty obvious that Israel is trying to gain control of the land.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1709278,00.html

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, isn't there a group of people in India that the Indian government is suggesting just that ....that those particular people leave the region? Didn't I read something about that in The Hindu the other day? Clashes with the cops; cops shooting into the crowd of demonstrators?

You're so blatantly hypocritical, Sam, that it truly amazes me. And it's even more so now that I'm reading more about Indian problems in The Hindu newspaper.

Baron Max

8. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

*(conditions apply)

Sticks and stones. Now stop trolling.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's not "trolling", Sam ...whatever that actually means.

It's pointing out your willingness to ignore some similar issues in other nations of the world, including your own India, yet be so adamant about those issues in the Middle East, the Palestinians and the Israelis. Whenever you do that, it simply makes your comments as those of a radical Muslim rather than as a rational person.

To ignore the very same issues in India, yet attack Israel for the very same things is ........hypocritical, Sam!

If that's "trolling", then I guess I'm guilty! But your voice here has made me have second thoughts about all Indians ...I hope you realize that. But I doubt that you care!

Baron Max

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So many assumptions. So little thinking involved.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Don't have to think, Sam, I just read it all in The Hindu ....it's right there in black n' white for me to read. Your glorious India is not so glorious as you'd have us believe. And worse, there are issues in India that seems almost exactly like the Palestinian issue in the Middle East, yet you choose to ignore the Indian one, and focus on the Palestinians. Hypocrisy? Yeah!!

Baron Max

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

:bugeye:

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well lets say you're right.

We got our independence in 1947. Israel was formed in 1948. Pretty close right?

We were partitioned. Palestine was partitioned.

We are a multi-religious multi-ethnic society that was under 200 years of colonial rule, a Third World country with less than 12% literacy.

Probably the Israelis were a bit better?

After partition there was a bitter civil war and one million people died in India and Pakistan. Something similar happened in Palestine.

Now after 60 years, what differences do you see between the two? And why?

15. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

werent there any suicide bombing in india as of late? maybe im wrong....

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That was by the LTTE. And yes there are several terrorist related incidents especially by organisations in Afghanistan and Pakistan (like Lashkar-e-Toiba). On the whole though, suicides by farmers over failed crops are a much more pressing issue than terrorism. As is education, clean drinking water, improving the status of women, reducing population, increasing employment, etc.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Actually, Sam, the more I read about India, the more I realize that there isn't a lot of differences .....except perhaps how harshly the Indian cops put down demonstrations and conflicts!

Perhaps if the Palestinians had Indian cops, there wouldn't be so much problems in the Middle East! But they'd have to bring lots more bullets with 'em!

Sam, there are lots of similar problems going on right now in India, and you know it damned well. Yet you choose to focus your efforts on the Middle East instead of trying to help the Indian problems in the same/similar way ....propaganda!

But your hypocrisy is getting really, really old and tiresome!

Baron Max

18. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

but you dont really have peace over do you? just like over here.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Suicides? Or killings? There is a difference, ya' know.

Exactly the same issues that face the Palestinians ...yet you focus your efforts on the Palestinians instead of your own nation's problems. Why? And worse, why such blatant hypocrisy when you deride the US and Israel of the same/similar hypocrisies?!

Your personal hatred is showing clearly, Sam. And it ain't too pretty.

Baron Max

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't think any society in the world is free from social problems. I would say that ours are related to poor education and over population, both of which can be changed.

And yes, a lot of people in India do have serious problems. But even they have the ability to change their lives for the better within the country.

And there is a great deal of difference in the kind of conflicts you see in Israel/Palestine and India. No one is flying over neighbors or bulldozing houses.

The changes you see now are a result of change in awareness. People who were previously exploited under the caste system now recognise their civil liberties and are fighting for them. Thats good. That means they have self worth and pride in themselves. Change is difficult sometimes but the Dalits are now organised and support each other. They also make up 260 million people of the population of Hindus, so they are not an insignificant number. And they have a voice. I am not blindly pro-government either, but the government already provides almost upto 40% of reservations of seats in schools and public service for Dalits to improve their lot in society. Beyond that, its merely a matter of time and change.

I do feel that caste discrimination should be included under the UNCHR and that the Indian government should implement stronger laws to eradicate it. Its good to see educated people taking a firm stand on the issue as well:

http://www.indiapost.com/members/story.php?story_id=6089

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Suicides. Its something I feel very very very strongly about. I used to run nutrition education programs for rural women and I have seen first hand the very low quality of life they have. The farmers themselves make very little out of what they grow. We desperately need welfare or reform programs for small scale farmers who have nothing to fall back on if their crops fail. Rather than face the prospect of starvation for themselves and their children, many of them commit suicide. We need better irrigation in case of drought, more investment in the agricultural workers and better social welfare with more opportunities for education for farmers.

It really breaks my heart to read news like this:
    Pouring money in it does not seem to help either.

I really don't know what the basis of the problem is (devaluation of ruppee, soaring cost of energy and agriculture, liberalised economy) and how it can be changed. But its a very important issue.

22. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Baron Max, Why do you you focus on Sam's personal hatred when you could be focusing on your own? Why do you want Sam to criticize India for the sort of thing for which you defend the USA? You have no qualms about criticizing other cultures while defending your own culture.

Yet you focus your efforts on the Sam instead of your own problems. Why? And worse, why such blatant hypocrisy when you deride Sam for the same/similar hypocrisies?!

Your personal hatred is showing clearly, Baron. And it ain't too pretty.

The USA is the big dog. The topic of the USA belongs to the whole world because the USA effects the whole world. Go ahead and criticize India if you want. There is plenty to criticize about India. But I hope you are criticizing India because you are interested in what is happening in India rather than criticizing India simply because somebody from India Criticized the USA or Israel.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, interesting comment. Didn't I read in The Hundu just the other day about some people being relocated, displaced against their will, to provide a site for some big major project of some kind? It was on the front page of The Hindu a couple of days ago. I'd call that "bulldozing" their homes, wouldn't you?

Yeah, see ...discrimination is still going strong in India ...just like in the Middle East ...just like in Israel and the Palestinian areas! Ain't no different, Sam, except for the spin you put on it!

And yet you can write a post condemning Americans for the racial problems in the USA. Interesting, huh? You hate the discrimination in the USA, but you ignore the open hatred of racial discrimination in India. Hmm? Hippo-something, right?

Baron Max