The Essentials of Islam

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cris, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I don't talk about god all day.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Shouldn't you say "the alleged God?"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

No. Gods are real. Your god too, he's just as real as Yoda, I don't say "the alleged Yoda."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Do you think some people become demonically possessed, or is that all au natural?

8. imaplanck. Banned Banned

What you have created in your head only exists to you as a mentally ill person. All evidence so far validates this. When will there be enough evidence for you morons to stop saying "Dahhhhhhhhh but there is no proof my god doesnt exist ploppppppp"?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I think that's just silly.Do you believe in schitzophrenia or the flu, or is it just demons inside of people?

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Planckster, you're funny and silly and deranged.

11. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

I talk about myself all day because I know I exist. Simple.

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

It's bizarre responses like that cause threads to fade away.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

14. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

15. LiveInFaith Registered Senior Member

The peace keeper troops of UN bring state of the art guns in their duties.
    They are childish, aren't they? and outdated?

16. PorkyJoe Registered Member

On one hand...

Ok, I have a dilemma trying to understand the ethical values of Islam...
    Here's a Scenario I can't get my head round, can anyone help....

Allah comes to you in a dream and says to you, that I am going to punish you whether you like it or not... You have two options, you must choose one or Allah says he will give you the 3rd option...

Option #1 -

You live on a desert island inhabited with only Lesbians and Gays, and the only food available to eat is pork. There is no access to clean water, and you have to make your clothing out living area out of pigs bones and skin. You will live on this Island for eternity...

Option #2 -

You must live as a gay/lesbian regardless of your preference, and must have 100 gay/lesbian wives/husbands, who must sexually satisfy every day for eternity, the only food available to you is Pigs, and you must use Pigs Skin and bones for your clothing and accomodation..

Option #3 -

Hell.. For eterntiy.. the deepest darkest, most painfull depths, you will be punished every single day for eternity..

What would be the ethical choice is forced....

17. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Hello all,
    I hope everything is well. If anyone has questions pertaining to Islam, please inform me.
    As far as your question Mr. Joe, Islam allows one to eat swine if there is a necessity, but only if anything else is not available.

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Why do Muslims say that Allah is the same God as the God of the Bible when Allah was the Moon god of the Arabs for centuries leading up to Muhammed?

19. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Allah is the one and true God, the creator of all that exists.

Your Guardian-Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority): He draweth the night as a veil o'er the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, (all) governed by laws under His command. Is it not His to create and to govern? Blessed be Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds! 7:54

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Well, the propaganda based programming kicked in alright.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the faith, brother.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. nature Registered Member

Greetings all,

Islam is a religion, but not in the western meaning of religion. The western connotation of the term "religion" is something between the believer and God. Islam is a religion that organizes all aspects of life on both the individual and national levels.

Islam organizes your relations with God, with yourself, with your children, with your relatives, with your neighbor, with your guest, and with other brethren. Islam clearly establishes your duties and rights in all those relationships.

Islam establishes a clear system of worship, civil rights, laws of marriage and divorce, laws of inheritance, code of behavior, what not to drink, what to wear, and what not to wear, how to worship God, how to govern, the laws of war and peace, when to go to war, when to make peace, the law of economics, and the laws of buying and selling. Islam is a complete code of life.

Islam is not practiced in the mosque only, it is for daily life, a guide to life in all its aspects: socially, economically, and politically.

Islam is complete constitution. Thus Islam keeps the Muslim away from confusion, because Islam is logical and rational. Allah is one. Allah is one Allah has no sons. Allah is not associated with trinity. Allah does not kill to save. No mediation is required between Allah and man. Islam organizes human nature, but does not go against it. There is not a class of clergy in Islam; nor is there celibacy. Islam is complete way of human life.

Author : Dr.Muhammad Al Alkhuli
    Source : Islamway

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And that, I submit, is rather the problem.

There is nothing logical about believing in a magical deity that exists somewhere beyond the clouds, and especially not one that first opines "oppression is worse than slaughter" and then goes on to mandate oppression. As well worship the Easter Bunny, frankly.