The double solution theory, a new interpretation of Wave Mechanics

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by cav755, Apr 1, 2014.

1. brucep Valued Senior Member

I've always pictured him as hovering over his keyboard and covering it with drool.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cav755 Banned Banned

"The modern concept of the vacuum of space, confirmed every day by experiment, is a relativistic ether. But we do not call it this because it is taboo." - Robert B. Laughlin, Nobel Laureate in Physics, endowed chair in physics, Stanford University

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cav755 Banned Banned

'New 'Double Slit' Experiment Skirts Uncertainty Principle'
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...inty-principle

"Intriguingly, the trajectories closely match those predicted by an unconventional interpretation of quantum mechanics known as pilot-wave theory, in which each particle has a well-defined trajectory that takes it through one slit while the associated wave passes through both slits."

'Team 'sneaks around' quantum rule'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13626587

"For his part, Professor Steinberg believes that the result reduces a limitation not on quantum physics but on physicists themselves. "I feel like we're starting to pull back a veil on what nature really is," he said. "The trouble with quantum mechanics is that while we've learned to calculate the outcomes of all sorts of experiments, we've lost much of our ability to describe what is really happening in any natural language. I think that this has really hampered our ability to make progress, to come up with new ideas and see intuitively how new systems ought to behave."

Seeing intuitively how a double slit experiment behaves is understanding the particle always travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the aether passes through both.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BlackHoley Banned Banned

I'll admit you were careful enough to say

''the aether as you present it''

the other day, so I will let you off.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You have two threads that you have started on your pet subject. None yet have a reply.
    So now you infest other threads with your bullshit.
    Does all this cutting and pasting, refusing to answer questions, and general trolling make you feel good?
    Obviously yes.

9. cav755 Banned Banned

I started this thread.

'New 'Double Slit' Experiment Skirts Uncertainty Principle'
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...inty-principle

"Intriguingly, the trajectories closely match those predicted by an unconventional interpretation of quantum mechanics known as pilot-wave theory, in which each particle has a well-defined trajectory that takes it through one slit while the associated wave passes through both slits."

'Team 'sneaks around' quantum rule'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13626587

"For his part, Professor Steinberg believes that the result reduces a limitation not on quantum physics but on physicists themselves. "I feel like we're starting to pull back a veil on what nature really is," he said. "The trouble with quantum mechanics is that while we've learned to calculate the outcomes of all sorts of experiments, we've lost much of our ability to describe what is really happening in any natural language. I think that this has really hampered our ability to make progress, to come up with new ideas and see intuitively how new systems ought to behave."

Seeing intuitively how a double slit experiment behaves is understanding the particle always travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the aether passes through both.

10. BlackHoley Banned Banned

You keep saying this in various threads... not really sure why you keep feeling the need to say there is an existence of ''space/time'' that we can only be certain of. Why you think this statement holds a lot of water for the current discussion is unsure.

11. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Agreed, when it comes to new issues. But since an "accepted truth" already exists in this case, posting something he knows goes against the consensus most certainly is unethical and despicable.
    Agreed: So you must agree then that Cav is a crackpot, right? Because he *is* claiming the aether has been proven.

Also,
    1. Most aether "theories", especially those from the likes of Cav, have been dis-proven.
    2. As is typical, many aether "theories" are not really theories. They are just vague notions.

12. cav755 Banned Banned

I don't use the term 'proven'. I say there is evidence of the aether every time a double slit experiment is performed; it's what waves.

If you were capable of understanding, in a double slit experiment, the particle behaves as a particle and travels through a single slit then you would be able to understand it is the aether which waves.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Firstly, as a layman, I describe what I know and what knowledge I have obtained, as simply as possible. Occam's razor is a good foundation.
    Space/time/Universe is what has evolved from that first instant of time, at 10-43 seconds.
    We don't discuss the Universe without space/time.
    What does it have to do with this discussion?
    Simply that space/time is real.....It can be bent, warped, curved, and twisted. And those geometrical alterations can be measured.
    Space/time/Universe/gravity/matter/energy all exist and are dependent on one another.
    Not specifically because that's what I have read or been told, but because that opinion makes the most sense to me.
    Now if cav755 wants to call space/time the aether, then that I won't argue on.....But why the insistence of using the term aether, and presenting it as was discredited more then a century ago.
    Is this because of some anti mainstream delusion, or just to prop up a failing ego?
    And of course his opinion in how it interacts etc, is just bunkum.

Now I'm not 100% sure that all the above aligns with the mainstream view, so I am certainly open for any thoughts and/or obvious errors.
    What I am not open for are views put because some turkey has some agenda or beef against the mainstream view, be that "tall poppy syndrome", personal "delusions of grandeur", or simply a perception that any alternative theorist, is an "underdog" and it gives certain individuals a warm fuzzy feeling to support them against the evil mainstream establishment.

I have read many books, Hawking's BHoT, Thorne's Black Holes and Time Warps, and "Gravity's Fatal Attraction"by Sir Martin Rees and Mitch Begalman.
    In my enthusiasm, I have also E-Mailed a few of these scientists for clarifications, Mitch Begalman being one...and have received a reply to boot.
    I also have views of my own, re pre BB cosmology, and post BH singularities, but I am sensible enough to realize they are just my speculative ideas. I don't go claiming I'm an Einstein, and current cosmology is wrong, and that I have the answer.
    I mean seriously, do you believe the tripe some of these alternative theorists would have us believe?

Ooops, sorry for the rant, but that should tell you from where I am coming from.

14. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Now hold on... you don't want to confuse the OP now. This is about the double slit experiment, which is far from simple... in fact, the exact mechanism of the wave mechanics are not entirely understood: the best we know of it is being a probability field... but I can assure you, none of them reached at any quantum propositions by thinking... in the simplest of terms. Perhaps mathematically, we tried to make it as simple as possible, but Occam's Razor is simply absurd to apply to the strange quantum activity of fundamental particles. If quantum physics has taught us anything, it is to expect the unexpected.

15. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Though keep in mind, this might not all there be to it... in fact, it's highly likely we have a very incomplete picture of the origins of the universe... this ''simple knowledge'' you refer to as simple as it is, may be wrong.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes, certainly...I do know what a scientific theory is and entails.
    Until then.......

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I think I have basically said that.

18. cav755 Banned Banned

We do know what occurs physically in nature as long as you are able to understand particles behave as particles.

The particle is always detected traveling through a single slit because the particle always travels through a single slit.

It is the associated wave in the aether which waves.

You make what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment complicated because you refuse to understand particles are particles and waves are waves.

19. Undefined Banned Banned

paddo, just read and properly Einstein before ever again repeating your false 'beliefs' while criticizing others for 'not reading pertinent things'; else you'll again come across as troll and hypocrite without a clue what 'exists' as extant 'reality' or not. Thanks....

20. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Well, you're contradicting the post you made previously then. You said we could be ''certain'' as if there are such parameters in the theory which deals with the origins of the universe.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Where?

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your bolding and redding and taking stuff out of context are par for the course. But does not make the misinterpretations valid that you are attempting to portray.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

We do not understand the quantum world and its weirdness...
    The aether as you present is bullshit.
    The only thing complicated is your refusal to recognise the aether as you present has been debunked.
    If you had anything that resembled science you would have it peer reviewed.