The 'caring', 'sharing' war

Discussion in 'World Events' started by tablariddim, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Say what you want about Brad, but he and Tiassa have gathered an attentive audience here at Exosci throughout their exchange. Well done.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Markx Registered Senior Member

Bowser,
    But I all i got from Bard's posts is lots of hate and ltos of racism. Without any knowledge of religion or individuals he just like to hate. Simple his theory is shoot first ask questions later. I wonder who would answer them after beeing dead.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Mark,

It's a spectator's sport. Anyway, both did very well. I really enjoy open forums.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

I sure hope that "RACIST BIGOT DROOLS" wasn't a comment on behalf of America.

That would be a grave mislabel.

8. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Well actually it wasn't, but what would make you think that in the first place Curly?

9. Benji Registered Senior Member

Intresting points made but one thing that troubles me about this whole thig is apart from circumstantial evidence there is nothing linking bin ladden and the al quaeda network to anything that has happened on the american home soil, in fact it was iraq's secret service who were briefing the pilots of the attacks just before spetember the 11th.
    I have yet too see any hard evidence that the people accused are responosbile, in a democracy i have a stong belife in a thing called "due process" somthing that states nobody is treated differently in the eye's of the law, so why the hell have politicans made themselfs judge jury and executioner here?
    As for the anthrax, im almost 100% positive that eventually some fanatic american group will be behind the attacks, more then likly from the bilble basher belt.
    The point is becuse a man a asian origin carrys out an act of terrorism on US home soil america has take this is an excuse to go and kill destroy any government it choses be it in afganistan, iraq or any other poorer less developed nation.
    I am willing to bet any hard evidence will never come to light the reason for which is that it doesnt exsist, afganistan and bin ladden 'proberbly' had nothing to do with september 11th , for me its more likly that was ordered by saddam hussain in a revenge attack over the gulf war, lets face it, he has the motive the oppertunity and the luxury of deniablity, perfect, or as someone said in a pervious post "genious".

10. Markx Registered Senior Member

Benji,
    You said it all. No proofs whats so ever. Blind justice and anger and rage. No one would ever find out. And for Anthrax I agree with you again. It could be a work of some home grown militia linked with some military men gave them access to anthrax. Reminds of a good old movie. ROCK. If any one know which one i am talking about.

11. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

No I wouldn't for one second think that America is that quote.

Thanks for clearing that up tablariddim.

12. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Tiassa wrote:

Like shooting fish in a barrel....

Hateful anti-american propaganda. Notice the lack of specificity. No details... just a big broad brush of vile accusations.

Once again, a hideous and brutal assualt on the dignity of our great nation by the benevolent Tiassa.

A diatribe against America. No details.... just lots of America bashing.

Tiassa, are all pacifists as absent minded as yourself? It is amazing that you can post long impassioned missives about evil America and then completely forget that you posted them. I would encourage you to go back and read this entire thread... you will find that your arguments have more holes than a fishing net.

Quite simply, you are WAY out of your depth on this one. It is not really your fault, I just happen to be more knowledgable and informed than you (and a much much better writer to boot). Keep working at it.... you will get better.

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So, Brad ...

Do you, then, deny those things which you have protested?

Do you deny that we have repeatedly interfered with governments in Central America (El Salvador, Nicaragua), South America (Colombia, Peru), Africa (Congo), Asia (Laos, Vietnam) and other nations?

Do you deny that the United States is heavy-handed in its foreign policy? Ask the Australians how much help we're giving them with their drug problem. Do you deny that we remain dependent on OPEC in order to "keep our hand in", as the phrase goes? Do you deny that the United States manipulates, prefers, and ignores according to its profit and whim? Do you deny the relocation of Palestinians, the American support for such a move, and repeated attempts to supply one side of various wars related to that relocation? Your broad generalization of a hideous and brutal assault is pretty irrelevant. The only way it's true is if you establish that the United States did not have anything to do with supporting the relocation of Palestinians, nor any of the other points above.
    Iran-Contra? Fruit companies? You deny that we have foreign cabals, support dictators like Noriega or Hussein? Do you deny that the United States put money into Iraq, Afghanistan, Panama, or anywhere else our soldiers have had to go?
    Given the thousands of pages documenting the United States' government's failed cabals, I wonder at your demand for detail. After all, your own details are so accurate: irrelevant articles, bad numbers ... and all because you're so desperate to take your swings that you don't care.
    And here we see the heart of the matter: were it true, why would you have to keep reminding? Perhaps because you can't cite to save your life, and must construct arguments against which you think you can contend?

Come on, Brad ... alpha male predators aren't writers. And you've shown that while you know what a sentence is, you don't know what reality is. You're the one who has chosen to claim that nobody should be angry with us, yet you seem to defy the convention of intelligence by giving in to patriotism instead of thought. Do you deny our American heritage of cabal and intrigue? Seriously?

After all, your aim seems more to defeat Tiassa than anything else. Why is that, Brad? Do you feel threatened because you think you're arguing with a woman? After all, the core of your argument is that A) you're an alpha male, B) the US is blameless and has never treated any nation ill, C) that genocide is an acceptable solution, and D) that we must betray liberty, justice, and the very name of America in order to win the war.

Do you deny history, Brad?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Tiassa

14. Benji Registered Senior Member

Nice reply Tiassa, i see from you deductive reasoning that BRAD to coin an english term is Pissin in the wind here.

American forgin policy has needed reform for years and only the actions of 'terrorists'make the politcians move.
    Bush wants this to be his war, its good propaganda, if it goes well it will get him re-elected for another 4 year term in power, another 4 years of US companys over poluting the planet, another 4 years of US soliders dying abroad, another 4 years of ignorance and arrogance.
    Mabey with a bit of luck it wont go to plan and the american people will show some intelligence in getting these nuttah red necks out of power, mabey il hit a royal straight in my next game of poker we can but hope.

15. Benji Registered Senior Member

Oh and markx i was under the impression the film was called The Rock, with sean conery and nicolas cage and yes it was a quality movie

16. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Yes I deny that spurrious allegation.

Yes I deny that nefarious prattle.

Yes I deny that absurdity. We remain dependent on OPEC because our economy functions on cheap sources of energy. You should go college, there is an interesting course which would be of tremendous benefit to you. It is called "Economics 101".

More hateful bilge. The United States government does what it takes to protect the interests of her citizens and her economy. That is one of the basic functions of governement. If you don't want to be protected, move to the Sudan so you can see what "enlightened" government is all about.

Yes I do. America is providing aid and comfort to the one western style democracy which is stranded in a sea of murderous hateful muslim regimes. Given the behaviour of the Palestinians, I don't believe they belong to the human species. I sincerely believe they are the missing link which proves evolution. I say their new "homeland" should be zoos all throughout the world. People can throw candy and peanuts to them through the bars in their cages.

Leave it to Tiassa to criticize the government for saving the lives of American citizens. Some people actually care about their fellow citizens, Tiassa is not one of them.

This explains alot. Tiassa appears unable to distinguish between our government and private companies.

A laughably outrageous piece of fiction.

Tiassa, YOU ARE A WOMAN. A mousy little thing with horned rim glasses and braces. You are proud of your appearance.... modelling it after your hero Hillary Clinton.

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Ah, Brad, more of your silliness

Then you're an idiot. The US had funds, arms, and operatives working in Central America (Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Honduras) in the 1980's, at least. Our history of intervention in these countries is rich, and so are some Americans because of it. One of the things it seems nobody can stand is Central America without imperial interference. Presently, we have funds, arms, and operatives working in South America, fighting the Drug War; this operation is having little success, and victimizes those who are terrorized, possessed, or otherwise under the influence of large drug cartels. This operation, widely known as Plan Colombia, isn't doing too well. It has had little effect on coca production and export from South America, and costs quite a bit of money. Furthermore, as demonstrated by our recent downing of a missionary plane, one wonders about our intelligence groups. I tried not to be shocked when the CIA called for Arabic-speaking people to assist their current effort, but the agency's failure to have a Spanish-speaking operative involved in the Peruvian effort goes beyond humorous and becomes tragic. Communication problems prevented the identification of that plane as civilian. The Congo? Heck, we played the Cold War there, as well as in Uganda. Southeast Asia? No, we didn't fight three wars there in less than half a century, did we? And what for? In defense of French colonialism? Even Stephen Ambrose, bestselling and partisan historian, notes the assumptiveness of American foreign policy:
    First and foremost, Brad Rules, you're attempting to exscind certain parts of history which are well-established. That is, you're attempting revisionism for nationalistic pride: patriotic revisionary mythicism. You're trying to create a sterling image of this nation by playing up her positive aspects while outright denying the harm that she has brought to the world.

Secondly, we see the result of our increasing aggression: Ambrose is not wrong when he notes our wealth, our power, and our diminished security.

Consider that: Ambrose, notoriously sympathetic to the Western telling of history, even points out our involvement in Central America, Africa, Southeast Asia, South America, and Europe. One can, I suppose, argue that all of these engagements were pretty and proper, but we would be telling a myth instead of a history.

Such sweeping summaries as the introduction to a book: such things, therefore, are underlying themes of the history to be told. The keys to America's global power are intrusive, greedy, and shortsighted.
    Hmm ... We have evidence and want you to extradite this man, but instead of showing you the evidence to warrant extradition, we're simply going to blow you up if you don't hand him over. Present example aside, there is the common practice of disregarding the Palestinians; perhaps you didn't realize that the UN voted the US off its drug policy commission, at least in part as a response to our disrespectful, demanding, childish approach to the war on drugs, including threatening Australia for not adopting a purely prohibitionist stand; Reagan operated a war in Central America; Bush as CIA director set up dictators to oppress people, and as President knocked them down for doing what the US had set them up to do. It's in our blood, though. Relocation, reservation, plantation ... it is the American method to treat people poorly in pursuit of national interests.
    We have oil in this country. Of course, if we support oppressive regimes, we can buy their oil at lower prices because they're not paying as much labor. In search of our energy needs, we cap our own resources and pander to those who require substandard treatment of human beings in order to maximize our profits. By paying these regimes, we are supporting them.
    Two notes here: All men are created equal. This phrase does not limit itself geographically. Yet we do not treat all men as such; in fact, we support and harbor those who would treat men unequally in order to maintain our profit margins. We won't speak of women, here; that equality isn't complete yet within our borders.

Secondly, one cannot go about insulting everyone in pursuit of profit and not expect people to be annoyed. If we choose to seek our best interests, then yes we have a commitment to the wellbeing of our international brethren. Strange how that commitment is most apparent when we get to use guns to demonstrate it.
    Such hatred serves nobody, Brad Rules. On the American continent, in India, in South Africa, and in Ireland to say the least, we have supported the idea of relocation of a people. Reservations in the United States, plantation theory in Ireland (as well as in Maryland, prior to the Revolution), apartheid in South Africa (compare to "Separate but Equal" doctrine; cf "Three-fifths Compromise").
    So we can pass a law that says we aren't to trade with "enemies". Reagan goes so far as to tout that we will not negotiate with terrorists during the election. Yet he negotiated with terrorists in exchange for political currency, not fellow citizens. Why leave Col. Higgins to die? And if one should be so proud of what they did for their fellow citizens, why did Reagan lie about what he had done in his attempts to separate himself from the affair? Illegal? Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do; even I'll grant that. Hypocritical? Seems to be. Electively timed? Indeed, as he has left others to rot in captivity.

Really, Brad Rules, you seem to disagree with the government you're defending: those responsible for saving those fellow citizens wanted nothing to do with the affair when it was learned how they did it. Perhaps it couldn't have been done with integrity. In that case, he should have left those people there to die; it was a good enough result for him in other cases--why wasn't it good enough in the case that most affected his election? Oh ... duh.
    That would explain a lot, wouldn't it? Because were that true, neither does the CIA know. After all, they ran fruit companies as operational fronts. Of course, since you don't seem to recall our military actions in Asia, and don't know about our troops in South America, I'm not surprised that you don't know about the fruit companies.
    Come on, Brad Rules, you can do better than divert from your own hypocrisy. You're right, though ... the government classifies fictions, like the Rosenberg evidence (their execution was fake?), diverted arms and money (what, was North shredding the latest Judith Krantz novel?) ....

You can do better than that. Of course, I thought you could do better than imaginary citations, but I was wrong on that, too.
    A) You seem fixated on this gender identification. Why is that?
    B) I can't wear Hillary's hair.
    C) I'm told that you look better in pantyhose.

Um, Brad? Just a reminder: we're talking about warfare, silly ... as soon as you're finished with your alpha-male-dominant wet dream, we'll try to get on with the discussion at hand. Or, rather, at mine. I think I know what your hand is doing.

--Tiassa

18. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Tiassa,

Your last post beatifully illustrated why you hate America. Thank you for that explanation. Given your high level of bitter hatred and animosity to our country, why do you remain here? Are you kept here at gunpoint? Is the government preventing you from leaving? Help me out. I can't understand why you want to remain in a country that sickens you.

19. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

You silly America hater just don't get it do you.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,38153,00.html

We are fighting for the very survival of civilization itself. While you would have sit around with our proverbial thumbs up our asses; the psychopaths diligently work to become nuclear weapon capable. Your ideas are treasonous at best, anti-civilization at worst. You would sacrifice western civilization at the alter of "humanity". I don't know if your ideas are insane or idiotic, I do know they are incredibly dangerous.

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

You're right, Brad

While I would take issue with the word "hate", I'll leave it be since you seem to equate hating America with paying attention to history. I know it seems like lying is the thing to do for someone or something you love, but the truth is, Brad, that when you lie to yourself and others about this nation, you hurt its potential. Our errors in history are important because to correct them in future conduct means less of the stupid crap like what's going on now, with people trying to kill so many other people. Of course, I understand that an alpha-male might find it hateful to not want to kill anything, but you must remember that we're in civilization now, and not the wild, so your alpha-male types are anachronistic and detrimental to society.
    Given your need to characterize people, I well understand why you don't know the answer to that: it hasn't occurred to you. If you weren't so busy drooling for the chance to blow things up, you might realize that those things are, often, people. What is warfare for? To satisfy your alpha-male libido?

The reason I don't leave the country is that this is a place where one is allowed to believe what they will; even if I chose to believe in stupid things like genocide, I'm allowed to believe it. The reason I stay is that I think this place is capable of so many better things than childish hatreds and orgiastic bombing. It would seem to me that if Liberty is such a vital thing in the world, we should be spreading its benefits, not mounting it for exploitation.

We claim to have better morals than genocide. The whole world's waiting for us to prove that true.
    To the other, I can understand why that's all the argument you have left. Look, if you can't imagine that people have higher aspirations than your ignorant hatred, it only means you don't have any real imagination. And that's vital when it comes to sympathy, empathy, compassion, and other aspects of human interrelations which you have demonstrated yourself too ignorant to grasp. So sharpen your sticks and go out looking for a squirrel to kill. Otherwise, get a cohesive argument together, Brad. If you can't understand why a person won't behave as you expect under circumstances that only you are witnessing, perhaps you'd better check your description of what you see. Seriously, just because you're lazy enough to be satisfied with an incomplete mission does not mean the rest of us should sell out to your petty, selfish standards. Have you paid attention to yourself, man? All you've said is how much you hate the Muslims, and how stupid you are for not understanding why people don't agree with you. You've spoken nothing about our mounting betrayal of our own goals, of future considerations ... insofar as you've expressed, this whole exercise has nothing to do with American pride or justice, but everything to do with your hatred of "ragheads".

You may like to think of yourself as an alpha-male, Brad, but you must realize that such predatory instincts do not qualify you for intimate thought on communal issues; as an alpha-male, such considerations as other people are less important to you than the hunt. Your alpha-male type is good for one thing in this war: killing and dying. The mess of how we got here through an era of disrespect, violence, and scheming, is about the best we can expect when such alpha-male immaturity is entrusted with any decision requiring consideration of others.

You keep calling your opposition hateful but you cannot express why.

In fact, the only hate you understand is that which you hold against others: I need only point to your genocidal sentiments to establish that, and your naked racism would serve only as an explanation to how you went from savage to stupid in a single bound.

When you're ready to have a point, let us know, Brad. Until then ... well, this is America, and insofar as I can tell, you're welcome to help the terrorists all you want by calling for genocide abroad and for the death of American liberty at home. We're quite used to your approach by now, Brad. Whatever it takes to make you feel tough, go ahead and say it; that liberty is yours as an American. Why you'd sell that out for machismo is beyond any of us.

--Tiassa

Last edited: Nov 7, 2001
  21. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Tiassa,

Elucidate your policy for handling the current crisis. What should we do?

We know that you oppose America defending itself. We know that if the argument is between America and a vicious autocratic government you will side with the barbarians. We know that your motto is peace through weakness. We know that you blame america for all the ills in the world. We know that if another country is incapable of governing itself, you will somehow construe it to be Americas fault. We know that you enjoy the soft easy American lifestyle while condeming the government that has made it possible for you to enjoy that lifestyle. We know that you prefer communism and islamic fundamentalism to western style democracy. We know that a kind word for your country is an impossibility. We know that you are the least thankful person in America for all of your blessings. We know that you don't give one red cent in charitable donations to help out all the people you profess to care about. We know that you are living off welfare and are not gainfully employed. We know that you NEVER ask what you can do for your country.... you only ask what your country can do for you.

22. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Reagan was the best president to ever sit in the white house. He single handedly brought down the Soviet empire. To see someone with the character of Tiassa casting aspersions on this great american patriot makes me want to spew.

23. Benji Registered Senior Member

Brad!

Hehe so any condemnation of america is "hatred" even if its constructive?
    America is a great country, nobody can take that away from you BUT you have to take the rough with the smooth and america is the most contradictory country in the world(apart from the 'communist' china perhaps).
    Well there democracy and then there's democracy, freedom of speach, a liberty you have, yet you cant put it into practise can you?
    People who have tryed have ended either dead or in jail (without charge), i point to the big red scare, freedom of speach indeed.
    Now shall i start on free trade?
    Shall i talk about how america uses its influence to keep prices of exports to a standard high?
    Steel, oil and manufactured goods.
    What about terrorism, shall we talk about how america funds terrorists with one hand then attacks them with the other?
    America fund terrorists? NEVER?
    Read up on american black op's projects in south america, how they have changed the course of wars and elections which had nothing to do with them.
    Not to mention the massive contradiction they make over the ireland situation, the IRA dont really kill people do they?
    In many americans minds usually of irish decent the IRA are freedom fighters, the fact they've killed thousands of innocent british(civilians not army) is irrelivent apparently.
    Like i said at the start of this post AMERICA IS GREAT!, it is and i take nothing away from the forfarthers of a great nation, only thing is when it comes to forign policy you boys havent got a clue.
    My grandad fought in the 2nd world war, he fought so i could be brought up knowing what true freedom is, when people use freedom as an excuse for personal or even national gain problems will arise.
    To finish this il quote an american forfarther, Mr Benjamin Franklin - He who sacrafices civil liberties for security deserves none.
    He was one of your forfarthers not mine, suppose he was "anti american" too?

Apologies about spelling no time to check it