The Brink of Madness (or where we are now)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vertigoll, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Vertigoll Gringorican Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

A corrupted right wing junta in the driver's seat in Washington, DC has brought us all here. Neocon rule for almost 7 years has brought us all to this point. No more can dittoheads point at the previous administration to blame all the world's problems on them. Nope. This Madness is the direct result of a buffoon for president and an administration (mafia) that is completely & thoroughly inept and void of any leadership or diplomatic skills whatsoever. The blame rests at the feet of the conservatives that drove us to this point.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

May a non-ditto-head, non-Joooo non-neocon Independent chime in with an opinion?

Genji,

I'm with the Neo-cons and the Jooos on this one.

You folks are suckin' our dust.

Darwinian Evolution rocks!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Genji Registered Senior Member

Are we really sucking dust? Do you really believe that Israel will ever benefit from their rogue state terrorist attacks on a sovereign nation? Every country has terrorists, we had McVeigh and a few more. Lebanon had a group of them too. When the new war in the ME rages on, you let me know how the US and Israel benefit. The neo-cons will be suckin dust soon enough here in the US!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Pleas return to the Lebanon Cease Fire thread and clarify you post comment on mine. If the Islamic oil producers do get their act together (because of outrage over Lebanon) and cease filling oil tankers of nations supporting Isreal (their only real means to resist Israel) and gas goes above $20/gal, I don't think there will be a lot of "dust in US to suck."

What do you say?

9. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

No. Not dust. Not really.

Y'all are on the wrong side of the airlock.
    Umm, dude. You can't see the terrorists for the trees.

Your personal choice of adjectives has precisely what presumed effect on the nature of the actual reality of the situation, beyond none?
    Every country also has people who graduated, if they ever did, in the lower 50-percentile of their class.

Why should we listen to the recommendations of those who can't even recognize connectable dots?
    You forget the Second Ammendment.

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Otay.

11. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

and a prime example of someone who is at the brink of insanity

12. radicand Registered Senior Member

There are men who find thought abnormal and unnatural. They are called morons. -Fromm, The Art of Loving

13. radicand Registered Senior Member

You, as do many others, appear obsessed with the term neocon have you any idea what it means?

14. Genji Registered Senior Member

neocon is a big government religious conservative. True conservatives are not supporters of the current junta. They oppose big govt, foreign entanglements, federally enforced social laws and the bleeding of religion into govt. What do you dittoheads think it is?

15. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Please tell us you at least graduated in the lower 50-percentile of your class of acredited institution-degreed Psychiatrc neo-professionals.

Didn't think so -- either 50-percentile.

Mere pedestrian subjectivism on display. You have the art mastered.

(Edited once more, because I choose to speak truth to the illusion of power.)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Genji, pityful, just pityful.

17. radicand Registered Senior Member

Do you know what a dittohead is? Define big government? Also there are many conservative who would also be religious. Additionally, most conservative are very pro-defense. Thus, your misinformed statement of being against foriegn entanglements is a bit off. Although, I will grant most do not seek to intercede unless necessary. Contrary to your personal beliefs (and others) Iraq is necessary.

Where do you think laws come from? It is nothing more than a bunch of bureaucrats with their panties in a bunch causing great discomfort trying to impose their morals on everyone else. That would include a Supreme Court that has for the better part of 60 years sought to deconstruct the Constitution by superimposing their will on elected state passed laws.

So please, enlightened me on the differences between the perception of religious backed laws and non-religious backed laws.

One hint on the meaning of a dittohead: it has nothing to do with following or thinking in line with a leader. Yes, I understand where you are coming from. I listen, but I also read the New Republic. Thus your silly simplifications are arrogant and ignorant.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  18. radicand Registered Senior Member

Sorry this thread has broken down, due to a lack intellectual banter. But what can you expect from those who refuse to see reality.

Davis' article is absolutely brilliant and hits the nail on the head.

The key paragraph is:

"Our present generation too is on the brink of moral insanity. That has never been more evident than in the last three weeks, as the west has proven utterly unable to distinguish between an attacked democracy that seeks to strike back at terrorist combatants, and terrorist aggressors who seek to kill civilians."

This appears to be a rampant philosophy among the "anti-war" crowd. But of course they refuse to distinguish, because there is none to be found. It is all relative.

VDH nails this again in his latest article. Here he sites the surreal rules of conflict necessary to win a war. Naturally, it is a very unrealistic set of circumstances that the left appears to portray.

19. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I have not had the opportunity to read the National Review, NR (or the New Republic, also NR, but I will keep it clear which is which, NR.) since moving to Brazil. Thanks for the link.

It is nice to see that the right’s NR is unchanged, giving you what you expect. Is the left’s NR (New Republic) still doing so (assuming it exists still)? If it does, then the left’s NR's version of the same article I am sure would at least be mentioning the fact Israel created Hezbollah with the 1982 invasion of Lebanon, and is making it stronger with the current invasion. (Missile launchers etc are easily replaced and in ten years or so the atttacks will be biological so few will be needed, if Israel does not discover a way to make peace. - More of the same, clearly is making ever greater risks for Israel. - why I think this Invasion, like the prior one, was a bad idea for Israel. )

Probably the left leaning NR would also note, as your link does not, that the current invasion is unifying the Islamic world from Morocco to Indonesia as it has not been in 1400 years. Perhaps also noting that nuclear armed Pakistan is essentially 100% Islamic and will not be long ruled by the dictator the CIA helped to topple the democratically elected government that preceded him. (Because of Israel’s current invasion, his people become ever angrier at his puppet relationship to US supporting Israel. GWB is correct on one thing - people generally do not like to be ruled by a dictator, especially Islamic people when the dictator is one set up and supported by the US and Israel.)

I doubt, however, that the left's NR will drag out again the fact this all started when the newly created state of Israel confiscated Palestinian homes, without paying compensation, and gave them to new Jewish settlers coming mainly from Europe, especially Russia. That story is too well known, old and getting boring. Both NRs need new text their readers want to read and expect to find in their NR of choice to survive. Neither NR can risk boring their readers with old stores, especially with Blogs etc, stealing away their readers.

Anyway, I repeat: - Good to see right leaning reader can still count on the right leaning NR to publish what he wants to read.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2006
  20. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The Brink of Madness (or where we are now)........
    This always happens when we let people who believe in God a little too much run the country.

21. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

The only thing between the poor and the middlelass is the media, and the only thing between the middle class and the wealthy is the government, and the only thing between the wealthy and everything else is democracy