The bible rewards the rapists!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Flores, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Jeremy Imagine Registered Senior Member

If it is not to do with religion, why then, are so many islamics & muslims nuts? I hear about waves of suicide bombers from the islamic world, but not too many atheist bombers. Face it, religion is hatred and rejection of other ideas. The fact that any one religion proclaims itself as above others shows this. Islam especially. Imagine dressing up in silly outfits to bring you closer to god, bowing to Mecca at all times of the day, completely nuts. Mind control at its finest! God could not care less about such pathetic rituals.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. strategicman Registered Senior Member

There's just one problem: we don't use shekels.....or do we?? Well, one of you said it's what happens when people translate the bible, ,but that would actually be manipulating.....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I accept the doctirn of original sin mainly because even if you put most of this world in paradise they will still be sinful.

I believe that the Qur'an says that suicide is haraam. However in cases of wartime it may be necessary. For example if your going to die anyways inflict the most harm on the enemy.

Original sin is not something that we commited, it is the lack of grace from our forefathers. As was written, "Cursed be the ground because of you! In toil shall you eat its yield all the days of you life. Thorns and thistles shall it bring forth to you, as you eat of the plants of the field. By the sweat of your face shall you get bread to eat. Until you return to the ground from which you were taken. For you are dirt, and to dirt you shall return." Jesus took up our infirmites, by wearing the crown of thorns, by praying in the garden of Olives until his sweat droped like blood and by his death.

Most religions are against hatred and consider it sinful. The only thing I have against muslims in here is that it is one sided. Also ritual if done for love of God is alright, however ritual for the sake of ritual will not be.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

Do you have any evidence that rape meant stoning? No dictionary will support you. Ask anyone what "rape" means. It means sexual intercourse forced upon a wo/man.

8. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Now were getting a bit to literal. Does jumping off an airplane mean death? However if we look closely there's an archaic definition of rape: to seize and take away by force. By stoning were seizing and taking away life itself. Therefore stoning falls under rape.

9. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

Of course jumping off a 10,000 foot high airplane means death. You are making things up to suit yourself.

I see no evidence or references for your definition of rape. As for mine, all the dictionaries in America are my references.

10. Jihad_AlifLamLamHah Registered Senior Member

If it is not to do with religion, why then, are so many islamics & muslims nuts? I hear about waves of suicide bombers from the islamic world, but not too many atheist bombers. Face it, religion is hatred and rejection of other ideas. The fact that any one religion proclaims itself as above others shows this. Islam especially. Imagine dressing up in silly outfits to bring you closer to god, bowing to Mecca at all times of the day, completely nuts. Mind control at its finest! God could not care less about such pathetic rituals.

Seems your full of shit Jeremy , you obviously fail to distinguish cause affect , and link things with eachother based on relevance .

Should I even bother commenting ? What the heck

1)their interpertation of religion only brings in the question of martyrdome what implies own death , otherwise the same oppressed peoples that commit acts of violence against fascists would detonate bombs from a distance like IRA or ETA (Im not arguing their legitimacy , just pointing out tactic) .

2)many atheists however do kill other peoples without killing themselves , if you point out the suicide as stupid , I couldnt agree with you more .

3)You dont , you point out religion as hatred .... so you prove my point perfectly here .

4)Islam especially ? What does clothing and the Salaat have to do with anything ? Do you know anything of both ? No ? Then shut up please

5)God could care less about pathetic rituals ? What God ? That one in the sky who's looking down ? Let me let you in on somethin .......... doesnt exist .

startegic
    There's just one problem: we don't use shekels.....or do we?? Well, one of you said it's what happens when people translate the bible, ,but that would actually be manipulating.....

Actually they do nowaydays , in ISRAEL . Insane right ? Indeed .
    Yes translation is manipulation , sometimes without the manipulator even knowing it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. okinrus Registered Senior Member

12. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Yeah.
    That's what it meant.
    If you stone a woman (the intention and usual result of which was death) then you must marry her and can't divorce her till she dies.

That makes a great deal of sense. :bugeye:

Grasping at straws again, I see.

Don't you get weary from constanly twisting the meanings of passages to fit your personal views and justifying your faith?

13. okinrus Registered Senior Member

No you don't understand. Removing a stone from the earth causes the earth to loose her virginity. That's rape. No doubt about it.

I'm not sure what your talking about. Flores was using a different translation than me.

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

okinrus says stoning is the same thing as rape!

Stone a woman, you take her life.
    Rape a woman, you take her soul.

15. Jeremy Imagine Registered Senior Member

Have you heard of a parachute?

16. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Re: Prechosen?

This is what I believe:
    Philippians 2
    5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death--
    even death on a cross!
    9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

17. okinrus Registered Senior Member

The earth was the virgin mother of Adam and the shed blood of Abel defiled her.

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

There are billions of nutz, one only has to watch Japanese TV.

But seriously, how many people have been killed by suicide Islamic fundamentalists, in the last 30 years, by people who have claimed their acts.
    In just the US, alone, how many people have been killed through, guns, rapes, drugs, greed, jealousy, envy, alcohol, police brutality, gangs, prisons and pointless wars, where there has been no claims from Islamic fundamentalists, in the last 30 years.
    As much as you claim Islamic or religious texts and teaching for murders, violent films, literature, clubs, groups, scientific advancement, music and patriotism, can be seen in the same way as religious teaching, from your perspective.

Waves? As I have challenged above, tell me how many people has been killed by Islamic fundamentalists who have claimed their actions, in comparisson to non-muslim, murders and suicides.
    People who don’t believe in God (atheists) do not have any reason to express themselves in such a manner, even though some do murder and commit suicide, and bring innocents with them.
    Are the atheists in America oppressed?

Face it, you are hatred, when you make these kind of baseless, ignorant claims. You should first read the instructions as set by the said religion (Islam), then see if any of these minority groups (terrorist) are actually in accordance with Allah, before citing such ignorance.

….nor kill(or destroy) yourselves;
    indeed Allah has been most merciful to you.
    Al-Quran, chapter 4, v29

In adition to the above verse of the Qur’an, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has warned that anyone who commits suicide will be deprived of Allahs mercy on the Day of judgement.

“In the time before you, a man was wounded. His wounds troubled him so much that he took a knife and cut his wrist and bled himself to death. Thereupon Allah said, ‘My slave burried in the matter of his life, therefore he is deprived of the Paradise.’”
    Al-Bukhari, Muslim

The acts of suicide bombers have nothing to do with the real Islam. They have other agendas and are using the name of Islam, to give their cause credibility. People will always want to cling to something which has credibility, and will act under such guises.

No, the fact is that there is only one religion, and that religion is to surrender to God, any other so-called religion that does not aspire to this oneness is bogus.

You are an idiot with next to nothing understanding.

Don’t get me started on mind-control using the latest scientific technological developments

Love

Jan Ardena.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2003
  19. Flores Registered Senior Member

Your observation is correct jeremy, but it still have nothing to do with the religion. It have a lot to do with the religion vulnerability to be used as a tool to brain wash people to satisfy agenda. Religion could always be used as hanger and solution for people's problems and that's not the right way to view religion.

A suicide bomber or the Islamic have many problems in life, economical, social, political, you name it they got it. How to make sense of all this maddness in their lives would take a Hercules to figure out. It's easy to brain wash people like that with religion, to paint a pretty picture in their heads to justify their suffering and give them fake motivation to do horrible deeds in the name of goodness and religion.

Atheists by nature are repulsed with brain washing and doctrines, and so am I. That protects them greatly from being abducted in cults, but at the same time, their total denouncing of spirituality is taking away from them extremely valuable elements that would make them great people.

Balance my friend, it's a narrow rope, and not too many people know how to stay on top.

20. Flores Registered Senior Member

What kind of religion uses the innocent children to justify it's agenda....Only modern evangeligal beliefs my friend with women and children at the bottom of the food chain. Jesus christianity was so pure, I just wish the christians can start honoring him for real and freeing his message from paganism. Obviously, you have never been a parent, becuase if you have, you will discover that a child is pure and whatever a child do that might appear wrong is due to a parent mistake or negligence. If you over deprive your kid, it'll attempt to be manipulative, not because it knows right from wrong and doing wrong on purpose, because it's testing it's free will and abilities.
    It is not sin that makes kid do what they do. It's their experimentation with their own free will. They have to make the mistakes to learn what is good for them. God doesn't judge the minors because he knows they are still learning and their mishaps are not sins, they could be mistakes of the elderly that are not paying the correct attention to them.

I don't believe in the original sin simply because I don't believe in a prejudice god that prejudge his creation before creating it. It's us that elect to sin and not god doing that causes us to sin. Sin is a choice and not a default creation. Even Satan sinned by choice and was not created that way. I'm an avid believer that you earn your sin and your spot in hell, you are not born with it.

21. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Such as?

~Raithere

22. Flores Registered Senior Member

Thanks for the question Raithere,
    I hate to answer you with a site link and be cheap with you with my incredible knowledge, but I really couldn't find better words to explain this. The writing sums up the main reasons Atheists shy from religion, misconceptions of religion, and the true value of religion.

http://www.pearls.org/scienceandreligion/contrived.htm

23. Flores Registered Senior Member

God Bless you Jan Ardena...You're a smart cookie