The best exercise you can do...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by superstring01, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Cycling is awesome. Plus, It gets you from point A to B

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Pull-ups.

Really? I've always read that humans are some of the world's best endurance athletes. That's why we get along so well with dogs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Yeah, humans are joggers first and foremost, it was our jogging ability that got us a foothold as a dominant predatory species in east africa.
    I'd say most humans today, including perfectly healthy humans, are well over the ideal jogging weight, but if you want to understand the human as an animal the first thing to understand is that it was initially designed as an enduro hunter that runs prey into exhaustion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I agree, Humans are long distance hunters, made for duration and stamina. Many people can injure themselves over time because of bad impact or incorrect form while running. If I was to group up types of hunters roughly it would be something like this.

Ambush hunter -

For exmple the tiger, who would rely on a total surprise attack having to finish off the prey within mere seconds with very minimal sprinting or any kind of chase.

Sprinters -

For instance the cheetah, who would need to sneak up pretty close before revealing itself to prey, but having the advantage of being able to outrun the prey with a medium length burst of speed. Running the prey down before being exausted from a short/medium burst of pure speed.

Pack hunter -

Like the wolf, which is not much of a sprinter but will pick off weak members of a group of prey. never giving up sometimes hounding and harrassing prey for days on end, trying to either wer down and exust a large prey item, or sneak and pick off a small weak member of the group.

Humans take a little from each catagory I think, But we are not equiped physicaly to compete well in the sprinter catagory. as a species we are slow on the sprint and our prey would nearly always escape. We favour the tigers style or wolf style of hunting, either a straight ambush or a long grueling track and follow. Or both for that matter, where an ambush with poison tipped arrows is used, then comes the long task of tracking the wounded animal sometimes for days on end having to keep up the pace on a long distance mission.

peace.

8. draqon Banned Banned

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They once did a study, I can't remember when or who did it sorry, that showed that a ballet dancer was in the best physical shape than any other type of athlete. So get out there into your tights and Tu-Tu's and give me some ballet movements!

10. draqon Banned Banned

Ever seen Arnold Shawrznegger (or whatever his name is...) do ballet dancing?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

no? Thats the reason why I can't do it either.

11. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

For me it's drums. Heavy on the double kick and fills can really give you a full body workout. It's not too applicable to music unless you're into metal but great fun and gets the blood pumping.

12. draqon Banned Banned

oh please...thats nonsense...drums is for arms only. I seen many fat drummers.

13. Roman Banned Banned

I'm just not that good at it to consider it my "best".

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Squats, deadlifts, and bench press and HIIT

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The best exercise is stretching.

The length of the muscles at the back of the thighs are primarily what determine the integrity of your overall posture.

Stretching the muscles of the back by hanging from your arms or ankles is also very beneficial.

16. Bluecrux Light Bearer Registered Senior Member

Well , I am a kiddo so the best excercise I can do of now would be a headstand . Well I can do Bhujangana too .

Another thing might be wrapping my hands around some person(preferably a girl) and then extending them to wrap around my torso , locking them(by interlocking my fingers) and enjoying the delicious moment . = ]
    Word of caution , only thin people can do that .

17. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Good point, Carcano. Yoga is fucking awesome. Dunno if that counts as one exercise though.

18. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

It depends on what you want to acheive in terms of how you define "best"

If your goal is to increase size and strength - then work out with weights - heavy ones and low reps

If you are looking improve muscle tone and endurance - drop the weight increase the reps.

If you are looking for good core strength, speed, and flexibility then a martial art or dance would work best for you.

For cardio fitness running, eliptical cross training rowing and swimming are very good.

The best all-rounders are probably swimming and rowing - they strengthen and tone muscle - are good for flexibility - work lots of different muscle groups - and are great cardio work-outs too - if you are short on time for a fitness plan I would default to one of these personally

Overall I think its best to mix it up though

I do 40-60 mins of cardio most days - 2/3 x 20 minutes of either eliptical, rowing, climbing, cycling, or swimming (I try not to run to much - my knees are shot to bits these days) - usually followed by a rotation of weights / resitance exercises targetting different general body areas each day: back, front torso, arms and legs - that way I can train most days but let the bits I worked on the day before recover.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

sex is the best excersise anyone can get, it is good for the body and the mind

20. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

That's not true, for the record.
    Intense non-stop balls-slapping-into-ass hump action for an hour straight would be just starting to count as worthwhile cardio, still not comparable to running or swimming for half as long, and the reality is no one much can fuck like that, and even those that could undoubtedly wouldn't most of the time.
    Most of the people saying "sex is the best exercise lolz" probably lay on their backs and get stabbed with a chode for 4 minutes 3 times a week. That's not even kind of almost exercise, let alone the best exercise.

21. Kadark Banned Banned

The best exercise? There are a lot of different effective ones, so it's rather difficult to pinpoint one as being the best of them all. One of the best is pushups; it's a "bread and butter" exercise, not to mention you only need your limbs to perform them. Situps, however, do not work as well. I used to do a bunch of situps/crunches every second day, and they only succeeded in leaving weird red marks on my stomach. So yeah, don't waste your time doing situps. What I fucking hate doing are flys: I always bring my shoulders down too low, which devastates my chest/shoulders, and ruins the remainder of my workout. Deadlifts are also a pain in the ass. I don't wear gloves when I work out, so my hands end up looking like Freddy Krueger's by the time I'm finished.

Truth be told, I hate lifting weights. For exercise, I'd much rather do something plain like jog on a machine for an hour, or wrestle. Nothing tires me out quicker than an action-packed wrestling brawl. The downside is, my arms end up having chin indents, because of my devastating guillotine chokehold.

Kadark

22. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Not to mention face imprints on your shoulder.

23. Kadark Banned Banned

Of course.

I remember tons of wrestling events in my life, especially from my childhood. Like the time I gave my friend a pedigree on the ice during winter, and his nose began bleeding profusely. Or the time I almost broke my friend's cousin's neck by giving him a tombstone piledriver. A few years ago I experimented a military press-to-jackhammer on my friend's brother, just like Goldberg used to do. I got him up half way, my back kind of went out/he lost his balance (he's kind of fat), and he fell on the cement floor. Haha, it's pretty funny, now that I look back on it. Nowadays, people consider wrestling moves to be "gay", for reasons unknown to me. What is so gay about it? Dangerous, sure, but certainly not gay. It used to be all the rage when I was in junior high. I still remember when a friend of mine gave a fellow student an unexpected diamond cutter in the hallway, nearly breaking his neck. Sure, perhaps the move could have paralyzed him neck-down for life, but that's a risk we were all willing to take.

It saddens me to see wrestling nowadays focused so strongly on the fundamental/technical aspects. Half-nelson? Fuck that. I'd rather stunner that son of a bitch, stand two inches from his unconscious face, and shout a series of obnoxious insults. Maybe even spraypaint his back. Arm-bar? Okay, why waste your time doing that when you could put him in a surfboard stretch? Sure, you're more likely to see a shooting star in the sky then you are to get your opponent in a surfboard stretch, but it's still worth a shot. Perhaps the highlight of my career is when I got a fairly heavy friend of mine into a Last Ride, and successfully slammed him onto a semi-padded floor with no remorse. I still remember the odour from having his genitals in my face, but do you honestly think I care? Do you think my friends cared that I had a guy's dick literally two centimeteres away from my face? Hell no. All we saw was a heavy person being given a last fucking ride, which was completely worth the humiliating and gay positioning of that move.

Kadark