The best argument..

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by SnakeLord, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Killian_1_4 Registered Senior Member

Best argument for god is the existence of Marijuana.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

pardon
    i feel the spirit

afterlife=no death
    death=rebirth

quotas =fineprint aka no one reads
    heaven=utopia=all god's creations

cybernetics=nature

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

stupid judeo christian atheists and their monopolistic mentalities
    fuck em, i say

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

The best argument for god's existence starts with the belief in the knowledge that God has never once communicated nor left any evidence of His being with any living entity, at least on the Earth. God could merely be an unknown outside observer with absolutely no connection with anything on Earth. Sure He/She/It may have created the place but without God's communication there is no proof whatsoever that anyone did. If you believe God has never communicated with us then it is reasonable to assume that we have total free will, unencumbered or influenced by any creator being, ID or otherwise. We are now free to form religions with all their accoutrements or just become an atheist. It doesn't matter which you choose since we are free to decide without interference.

Its as close as we're going to get. Accepting that God has never communicated with us makes either a simple yes or no the only thing we can say on the matter of His existence. A debate about a deity's existence doesn't have to go any further and is absolutely not worth arguing over.

If we believe there is no real proof then it is incumbent on us not to manufacture stories about any deity because we simply do not know. All religious text dealing with God is therefore worthless as is any atheist diatribe on God's non-existence. So I guess I'm saying that proof of God's existence would be the fact that He is not here, has never communicated with us and He/She/It refrains from any interference with our lives. Anything ever written or said about God is merely a human construct.

8. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Some funnies

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The best argument to believe in God, IMHO is Pascal's Wager

The best argument that there is a God is unexplicable miracles.

9. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Jan Ardena: I would prefer to be immortal or at least have my mind & consciousness continue to exist for a lot longer than my expected life span.

I thought that almost everyone would prefer continued existence to oblivion.

10. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

Well, perhaps the best way of foisting 'God' upon the general public is to relax the rather stringent definitions that we have hitherto been abiding by. Atheists typically define God on the Greek Model, because that is the easiest definition to attack. Indeed, it is as though Greek Philosophy decided upon a definition of God that would be easy to assault. The Greek God is a composite of every Absolute, at the same time as Greek Philosophy already knew that Absolutes were Imaginary and that the Actual Truth of the matter is that there "Are no Absolutes".

So, redefine God.

Is there a Life Force? Is there a Collective Consciousness? Might 'God' be evolving just like all the rest of us?

We know there have been Apparitions, Visions, and all such things. Rather than assigning the cause to some Imaginary Absolute of Greek Philosophy, might we rather look to the Collective Life Force that can coordinate 'tricks' in all of our minds all at once.

What if God were a Psychological Reality?

11. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

I am a child of God.

12. pharaohmoan The illusion is you, let go. Registered Senior Member

The very fact that we are able to ask and discuss the question of Gods existence for me is proof enough.

13. Myles Registered Senior Member

Oh dear ! Pascal was a despicable moral coward.

14. Myles Registered Senior Member

But we can also discuss fairys and unicorns. So your point is ?

15. Myles Registered Senior Member

That's a convincing answer

16. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

Again, anthropomorphisation is only a problem when we view God according to the Greek Absolutist definitions of God. Must we insist that we can only have a God that fits Aristotle's speculations or none at all.

Besides a God that is too transcendent may as well be useless. I forget which philosopher said it, but the only God that should concern us is a Providential God -- a God that has a particular concern for Humanity, and that would of necessity make our Useful God Anthropomorphic.

For instance, if one looks at the documentation, the closest thing we have to a "God" comes in the form of Idealized Human Beings -- Marian Visions, or Goddess Visions. Actual Apparitions that are seen and heard by several persons at once. Accompanied by miracles or unexplainable phenomena.

You see, Aristotle was only thinking about Theology, and so we have a Philosophical Theology which is full of mathematical imaginations -- which is why Atheists love Greek Philosophy and the Greek Theological Definitions so much -- it makes God an easy proposition to disprove... even to laugh at. But people fail to comprehend that this may have been Aristotles point -- to make God ludicrous.

The Greek Philosophers could not have been so stupid. They intentionally sabotaged Theology with their ridiculous conceptions of Divinity. And then it is rather bazaar that the Catholic Church Fathers and later the Protestants never caught onto the joke.

17. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Interesting stuff, LV.

However, redefine "God" how you want - it makes no difference in that "God" is beyond evidence, as the very term implies far more than can ever be shown / demonstrated / proven.

And if you want to define God as something for which evidence does exist - or can even be proven as existing - then why define it as "God" and not merely what it is? Unless of course you want to include the implication?

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Having that preferance does not mean bodily death does not occur, which is the real fear for most people. Neither does it explain what will happen at the time of death.
    Although there are those who will say they know that heaven awaits them, there are those who do not feel they are worthy enough for such a destination.

Jan.

19. Gustav Banned Banned

if raith comes back, i would regain my respect for this forum

20. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Poor bastard! Damned like us all, to the human condition.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

all of the weird shit that's happened to me.

22. Myles Registered Senior Member

What is the "collective life force" and how did you become aware of it ?

23. Myles Registered Senior Member

I would attribute that to Satan; you know what a crafty bastard he is, encouraging people to sin and persuading them they are listening to god. Try sleeping with a chaplet of garlic around your neck; that'll show him