The beseiged Ghetto Gaza set to get worse

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, Nov 23, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Actually, I should have commented further: while I don't agree with land appropriation past 1967, your comment "Still does not change..." suggests you blame the Jews for winning. I do not expect, no matter the bloodshed that would have resulted, you to bow your head so morosely for any amount of Jewish casualties if the five Arab armies had won. Just a feeling, I suppose.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think Israel should never have been created, it was a colonial imposition on a defenceless people. So to me, any Palestinian action is defense. They had no choice from the beginning, higher powers to be decided their fates for convenience sake.

But, IF, the Israelis had not initiated the massacre before the mandate, I would have blamed the Palestinians for continuing the violence. However, there too, they had no choice, as you can see from the link which you refuse to read, the Israeli intention from the very beginning was to remove them, in any way. They never stood a chance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Funny, I think the Jews thought the same way. Yet, even I don't go quite as far as a blank cheque for violence.

Which one? The Nebi Musa massacre? The raids prior to 1920? The pogrom in 1921? The thirties?

Commendable. As you can see from my points just above, you indeed have that option - or rather, the blame of the structure of their religio-social system, or certain of their leaders. Or just intolerance attitudes.

How strange, then, that the Israelis - who, as you intimate, had complete control to the extent that the Palestinians "never stood a chance" - only picked up arms in any significant manner in 1948, despite the pre-1920s period of intimidation, and after that presumably right up to 1948.

And, even then, when their evil conspiracy must presumably rear its head in full glory, they appear to have made the "choice" to defend themselves with a few rifles, a handful of mortars and machineguns in the face of the Arab's monopoly on heavy artillery, tanks, strike aircraft, not to mention their classical massive numerical superiority and a dozen supportive nations at their back, and a Legion of soldiers trained by the British themselves.

What a well-thought-out, totally unbeatable, completely unstoppable plan. What a cunning sort they must be, because as a humble outsider unused to the intricate command of Middle Eastern realpolitik that you command, I can hardly imagine a more dismal prospect.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, the Palestinians are famous in history for their intolerance and inability to assimilate.

Its how they stuck around for thousands of years in the same place.

keep on reading only the side of the story that the Israelis have written out for you.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yes, they assimilated them back into a cramped quarter of Jerusalem.

I'm sorry that the one side makes somewhat more sense than yours. I shall do better.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Back to the cramped quarters? Link please. I'd like to see why a fourth of the city next to the wailing wall was too cramped.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well of course it wasn't cramped. Ghettos never are.

Why, they left the Jews a whole wall of their religious heritage, for crying out loud. I suppose the silly Jewish people didn't know that the Temple Mount was so important as to be the 36th most holy site in proper people's religion. They know better now, of course.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Still waiting on the citation.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And making no sense at all.

If all of the State in the area, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, are constructs of the U.N. and are considered as legal States then the legality of the Construct called Israel is a legal State to. There is no difference in the method of establishment under U.N. Charter.

Which then also make the war that the Arabs started a illegal war.

And if the Arabs had kept their noses out of it, there would have been a Palestinian State established in 1948.

13. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

so you are saying jews arent able to assimilate? tell that to all those jews who were forced out of universities, high position medicine etc. beacuse they were trying to "assimilate". silly jews. dont they know their place?

how dare they keep their satanic religion and not convert?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

so you dont accept the idea of a jewish nationalism? pardon me, I thought you had nothing against jews.

or is it only jews that dont agree with your views?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I have nothing against nationalism. Jewish nationalism sounds like the fundies who want an Islamic Caliphate or a Christian Rapture, alright in theory, but in practice, a religious supremacy that undermines secularism.

I do not think Israel should be a Jewish state. It should be a state for Israelis and hopefully, in the future, for the Palestinians.

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

but it was a secular movement. they had a lot of trouble to define jews, so they used the European national definition rather then the religious one.

17. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

so you DONT accept the idea of jewish nationalism. and they wonder why they attack us.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its not democratic, is it? After all, there are non-Jews who live there and lots of Palestinians with the right to live there.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Good then you agree that it should not be a Jewish state. Since one cannot be a Muslim Jew or a Christian Jew.

20. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

I have palestinians neighbors in my hood. they prefer to live in a democratic jewish state, rather then an independent islamic ruled palestinian one.

21. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

jewish as a nation, just like germany, swizerland, france... some of which restrict the number of their immigrant population BTW. in case you didnt understand it by now.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No problem, as long as the natives are allowed to stay on their lands.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There is one difference. Can you spot it?