Television Warning

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by ghost7584, May 8, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

After reading this thread, with a hammer I took apart my $2000 TV set. Then I relaized I don't know how a spycamera supposed to look, so I am off to the store buying a new TV... Will look for "No spy camera included!" stickers on it...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Oh those have cameras in too, they can see you when you jerk-off.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Holy crap !

Seriously though, I don't think ghost thought of that..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

He will now.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I suppose we won't see him back here again.. lol

9. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Could do that, or I could just post the videos of the times I have hid the video camera in the closet and sodomized her.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Stryder and others. Its a really bad idea to feed into someones delusions.

11. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Who says they are delusions? Maybe he is on to something no?

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

A delusion is defined as an irrational paranoia. Ie carl willams wasnt delusional that the parana task force was watching him (because he was a drug lord killing lots of the oposition who they wanted to take off the street) but a standed question when you go to a shrink is "are the FBI watching you?" because (for one thing) we are in australia and the FBI are yanks

The fact that he belives people are responding to him on TV is irrational in all but 1984 because a) that would take ENOURMOUS resorces and for what?

Ghost, go to someone elses house and watch there TV. Are they still responding to you?

Ask someone else to watch your TV with you and see if they are responding to you

Buy a new TV and internal atena and see if the same stuff is on both TV's

Buy some DVD's and see if THEY are responding to you

IF the answer is yes to any of these questions then your paranoa is probably irrational (except the friend varifying it)

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'm not feeding anyones delusion. It's known that there are a number of people that believe that televisions interact with them, perhaps they think they are apart of some hidden show where they are some sort of victim, perhaps they are being spied on by a government organisation, most of these are common concerns of people that are usually classed as delusional.

I have a theory that allows for people to have very real universes where such realities exist, however the main reality in which we all exist doesn't follow those paths. This means that the individual observer see's those "realities" and others claim that their reality is delusional because they see no evidence themselves from their observational perspective.

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Hey, I can watch videos on my phone. Could there be a camera in there? Wait a minute, there is a camera on my phone! They forgot to hide this one. Finally, the evidence we need to break this whole conspiracy wide open.............

15. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Is this a joke?

Otherwise, I second, third and fourth the diagnoses of everyone else.

My friend's dad once thought the newsreaders were plotting to kill him; he was admitted to a psychiatric hospital soon afterwards. Paranoia can be a symptom of all kinds of mental disorders which will only worsen if they are not confronted.

However, I'm still trying to work out whether or not this is a spoof.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

That's why I always watch my TV from behind a one way mirror/window...

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ghost!!! I hope you don't own a Nintendo DS or PSP.... Just because the screen is small don't be fooled. They are watching YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

There is no reason to think the technology isn't available to make that happen. It could easily be accomplished and go almost completely undetectable to anyone unsuspecting.

You have very good reason to be concerned, technologically speaking, except the question begging is why anyone would bother wasting their time watching little old you?

I would suggest to expand your choix de cuisine.

The Ozarks are calling, bring a banjo.

Why not just unplug it altogether?