Telepathy: Thoughts & questions.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Dinosaur, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I don't believe you are capable of being objective...

Tell you what here's a little test to see how objective you are:
    below is a graph produced using USA government global earthquake trend stats.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

View attachment 6158

have a look at it maybe comment on what you see....
    what would you draw for this graphs.
    Maybe it happens all the time and every where...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lakon Valued Senior Member

If everything happened within statistical norm, nothing extraordinary would happen. Yet extraordinary things happen all the time. You don't believe each extraordinary thing is due to psychic cuases, do you ?

A few days ago your part of the world experienced some extraordinay event - 4 days in a row of temperatures over 35 degrees - 1st time in 70 years for this time of the year, wasn't it ? Extraordinary !

(OTOH, I suppose it could have been consequent upon the fact that a week ago, a large troup of intense, hot blooded Greek musicians arrived in Melbourne for the Giorgos Dalaras concert, generating significant psychic disturbance, and raising the ambiant atmospheric activity and negative ionic generation therof)

PS - I would be the last person 'round here to ask to use the scientific method.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lakon Valued Senior Member

You don't believe I'm capable of been objective, so it's moot.

Ciao !

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

nah, pure fantasy, it was probably caused by human flatulence of the Ozzie kind exasperating climate change brought on by human flatulence of the Ozzie kind...:bugeye:

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

You see I don't distinguish between that which is psychic and that which is not. To me it is all of a psychic nature that has real, yet to be understood physics behind it all. Even the "Blink" solutions suggested are of a psychic nature but considered as non-psychic by most.
    To achieve any from of objective reality there must be an underlying entanglement to allow the exchange of information. With out this we would have 8 billion very unique perspectives on this planet with no means to bring about cohesive and shared experience. To say that it is merely that the evolved genome causes a uniformity of such an magnitude, and that objectivity is some how learned is ridiculous given the massive amount of uniformity of shared experience. IMO
    A few years ago I published a thread about "How to create an objective universe" in the philosophy forum. Using a number of androids [robots] as an example connected by radio in a constant feedback, self correcting loop and how those robots would be in a state of objective information receipt.
    Well so called "Psychic" connectivity via the zero point achieves the same result but with the entire universe of substance and not just self-animated life forms.
    Nothing paranormal about it, pure physics using the universal constant as the medium. [by way of entanglement]

The human capacity to sense things could be said to be typically only 10% utilized. If that capacity to sense is able to achieve say 50% or better then would you consider that person to be psychic or simply a very sensitive person. ESP is after all Extra sensory perception...afterall !

9. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Na, i think behind the scenes military science has worked out alot of this stuff during the cold war. They just ridicule it to keep it quiet they have. If you have very high techs you do not want your enemies to know that such things even work, or exist.

Thats probably why the military keep it secret, and why the science community never put much effort into it.

10. Lakon Valued Senior Member

I haven't had time to continue with a couple of interesting threads and conversations here recently, though I should be able to in a couple of days time.

Cheers.

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Just do it by telepathy.

12. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

As posted a few times in this thread & surely posted in various other Threads:
    No believers are posting any evidence.

Note that anecdotes by believers are not evidence of ESP abilities: In the absence of real evidence such stories should be viewed as evidence of hallucinations, faulty perceptions, coincidence, deliberate frabrication (Id est: Lying), wishful thinking.

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

why is that? Why state that if evidence is not available this automatically implies insanity? Is this just a form of scientism?
    How would I be able to provide evidence of a fly landing on my shoulder yesterday at 12.32pm for example. According to your logic I would be considered as hallucinating if I could not.

Can you prove according to the scientific method that you typed your last post? If not then you are insane....

How can you possibly, and reasonably expect unpredictable, seemingly spontaneous events to be evidenced in a way that conforms with the scientific method?

The scientific method does not = sanity....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

IF you feel you are in such a strong position so as to condemn others for their unpredictable experiences then have a go at responding to this thread about the "thing" that science worships.

If you or others, can't deal with the questions raised and the ramifications to the future of science, then I stand vindicated. Suffice to say that a lacking of response is also "evidence"...

15. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Another dufus for the ignore list.

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Intellectual cowardice perhaps?

17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

My dog gave me ball in response to telepathy. He placed the ball directly in the palm of my hand when I told him on the telepathic channel.

18. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Did you do the things he was telling you to do telepathically? How come you didn't pick up on it?

19. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure what you mean. I gave him directions, not the other way around.

Maybe I will work on picking up thoughts, not just sending.

20. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Happiness to a dog is when his owner listens to his telepathic messages. A dog is 90% body language. It will be watching your body movements too.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Can you describe the way you connect to the dog?
    Does the dog indicate an awareness of is being "talked " to?
    How do you differentiate between deliberate and passive thought exchanges?

In other words would the telepathic communication have happened regardless of your volition or not...?

22. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Quantum Quack: The following indicates that you either do not understand or do not take time to read carefully.
    Saying that a fly landed on your shoulder is not an extraordinary claim & few, if any, would ask you to prove that it happened. My post included the following:
    Claiming that a fly landed on your shoulder is not an extraordinary claim. Claiming to have ESP abilities and/or claiming that some people have such abilities are extraordinary claims & do not deserve belief in the absence of evidence.

23. kx000 Valued Senior Member

He placed the ball in the palm of my hand on command. He did what I said when I said it. I doubt it was a coincidence.