Tattoo removal

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wsionynw, Jul 25, 2010.

1. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

I know loads of people with tatts but not a sinlge person that has had one removed.

I have a tattoo that I'm thinking of having removed but wondered if any of you guys and girls had first hand experience of tattoo removal?

Cheers.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

I'm also getting one removed next year. The numerous visits will run me well over a grand.

I have a stinkin' cross on my right forearm.

Stupid drugs.

~String

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Wow that much, I only have a little dragon on my shoulder blade, no fancy colours or anything.

Got it when I was 20, on a whim.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've had two removed. Both were on my forarms. They cost 3,000.00 each to remove and it took about a year to get all of the 20 treatments done.

8. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

It's funny, the websites I've looked initially only quote a vague cost per session, obviously to make it seem quite cheap.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Typical costs:
    Tattoos can be removed using several different methods: laser removal, excision or dermabrasion, and the cost varies for each technique. Laser tattoo removal, which is the most common method, and usually the best, ranges from $200 to $500 per session, according to InfoPlasticSurgery.com. Since it can take from five to twenty sessions to remove a tattoo, the total cost could reach $10,000.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...bdhMg0&usg=AFQjCNFQGHjSeXdIARxmWK-Ef9J8URpfHw

10. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Lesson of the thread: don't get tattoos.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I would never ever get a tat removed. Its like a person's life history written on their skin.
    I used to live this person, but I don't now. I used to love unicorns, but that was when I was young. I joined a commune, but I left.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

If it's any help I knew a guy who went to have his tat removed.
    Didn't take more than three days.

He died from a blood clot part-way through the process.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Are you saying that he died directly because of the removal? What type of removal method did he use? I went through 20 "treatments" using a laser and the laser hardly went deep enough to ever cause any type vein or artery problems. There are other forms of course but I'd recommend a laser for the safest way that I know of today. Of course a SKILLED PROFESSIONAL should do the work not some fly by night dude.

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

As far as is known.

It was professionals, but it was 30+ years ago, pre-laser.

15. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Agreed.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I've enough lines in my face, callouses on my hands, wrinkles on my skin and liver spots thank you, I really do not need tattos as well to show of who I am.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I have to laugh my ass off every time I hear of someone wanting to remove their tattoos. Hilarious.