Taqiyya - The Obligation to Lie

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by (Q), Mar 27, 2008.

1. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

no i wish - i am a cretin on the keyboard and have as much skill in typing as a severly overweight elephant has in swimming!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

LOL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Where is he now? Is he dissimulating?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

Seriously - alright, tongue slightly in cheek, but only slightly - if you attack something/someone and it turns out the attack was invalid, not well thought through, weak
    does one have an obligation to clean up?
    Or to put it another way, is silence in face of good solid rebuffs a kind of lie?
    Can it be equivalent to 'nothing happened' kinds of denial?

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I've yet to see a response here worthy of response.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

(Q):

Do you think he lied because he is Muslim?

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes. As general an answer as is bestowed the question.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Just let me get this straight, (Q). Are you claiming that all Muslims are liars?

If so, I think you need to get some perspective.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You see James, that's what happens when you toss out a generalized question, you'll get a generalized response.

Don't take lessons from Sam by throwing words in my mouth and jumping to erroneous conclusions.

Taqiyya is an obligation from Islam to lie. Under the prescribed conditions, all Muslims are obligated to lie.

It's the conditions and the abuse thereof that are in question, and the fact that religion should have no say in this matter, just like it should not have a say in punishments, honor killings and going to war.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Where is taqiyya mentioned in the Quran?

14. FelixC Registered Senior Member

swiid: it would be interesting in how many other areas Islam has flexibility in

because now that we are a few days from 9/11, I was remembering my initial thoughts of that event

I've always thought that those 19 guys had balls of steel to fly them into the WTC, my initial reaction was anger, dread (because of possibly more danger), fear, revenge, I wanted to join, but my Dad, Mom & uncles talked me out of it. We had 3 relatives that were ex-GI's & 2 active at that time. Only 1 is still in, he has been in Okinawa for 4 years, don't know how that works, since I thought they would rotate him into Iraq by now. anyway, I'm glad he's ok. anyway, enoough about me, back to subject at hand

how could having 70 virgins waiting for you pay for killing 3,000 innocent people?