Taking Responsibility For Your Consciousness

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Empty Dragon, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Do you realize you exist? Can you take responsibility for your consciousness? The only fact that can be known is that you are aware. You are conscious. So now that you realize you are awake, what are you going to do with it? Will you live inside your head where selfishness or reality cannot touch you? Will you ignore certain aspects of your consciousness? How will you act now that you have realized that you exist? Will you seach life for your preferences and nothing else or will you accept it as a whole? It is not a fictional character that is thinking, it is you. How far will you go? What will you do? Will you dwell in petty mundane things? Willl you look out to the stars and wonder? I guess the question is will you take responsibility for your awareness or will you hide in its fold? Will you transcend all things or submit to wallow in your misery?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Wallow in my misery...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

I question my existence. WOE IS ME...

:bugeye:

The act of thinking should be convincing enough, ja ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

This is why we need a new-age forum. Or Pseudo-philosophy. Why not, we have a pseudoscience.

8. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

We need a pseudo-pseudo section too!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

The only reality I know is my own, so I make the best of it. Unlike most, I LOVE being 'awake'. I make the most of my life as long as I don't hurt others. I also try to show others that they have everything they need to live an incredible life as well.

10. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

See Notme is an individual who has taken responsiblity for his consiousness. He respects it. He does not whield it as a toy. He realizes that only he is responsible for his consiousness and his actions. That is virtue. With out this virtue philosophy is nothing more then thinking of clever places to run.

Is he not a realized man?

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Oy vey.

12. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

I realized that I exist and I intend to do what I think conciousness should be. With our gift of thought, we should improve everything in a moderate manner. We are able to provide for ourselves with ease, so let's stop killing everything.

I wish that I was brain-dead personally.

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler:

A most lovely suggestion. It can be seen that this topic isn't Western Philosophy per sae, and niether is it quite Eastern. New Age is best, but Eastern will do, and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Have fun. :m:

14. jps Valued Senior Member

Actually this issue is decidedly within the bounds of western philosophy.
    Descartes believed that the only thing which is self-evident is that we exist
    "I think therefore I am"
    and that all other truths must be built on this.

15. Fathoms Banned Banned

Free will is non-existant so no!

16. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Are you sure?

17. moonman Registered Senior Member

I exist and I enjoy wakefullness, as long as I can appretiate the world I am content, I lack nothing as long as I have breath and a mind. I will take pleasure in that which brings pleasure and I will accept that which brings pain for I can nothing more do, because there is no resisting reality, we are all subject to it aslong as our conciousness is within it.

But I will therefore I am free.

18. river-wind Valued Senior Member

My actions are the result of logic. My logic is the result to contemplation of everything I am aware of. I am aware of very little. I do not make reasoning for my actions or for the events in the world, I make reasoning for the pricipals, and those pricipals dictate my actions. I do my best to follow the path that is the brightest; my failures are nothing more than lessons. My successes are nothing more than a failure to present myself with a lesson. my times of calm are volitile and my times of rushing are empty.

I do not make reasoning for my actions or for the events in the world. What happens is right, because it makes a tomorrow for us. We simply must accept and learn from what comes to fight this change is to loose; not only the battle, but the lesson that it could teach. Once accepted, anything is right, and responsibility is something you cannot imagine not taking. There is only yours to take.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  19. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Taking Responsibility For My Consciousness
    (Thanking Lord Shiva -many times- for the same!)

Do you realize you exist?

I do. When I mate with my Girl, When my eyes gets filled when I think of the love that my Lord has on me, when I kick my nephew, and when my friends praises me for what I have done, when my Dad keep quite for who I am !

Can you take responsibility for your consciousness? ]

Partly I can and partly I can not ! Rather I should ask my parents for the info that they put to my cells, or rather I should ask my self about what I might have done my last birth, or understand that myself when I meet the ultimate Yogi and stare in to his eyes with more Yogic power.

The only fact that can be known is that you are aware.

No, there are better than that fact still out there !

You are conscious.

That you just guess (wake from a bad dream and think of the same, where you conscious in your dream or where you conscious while awake) but the truth is you just can’t tell with confidence !

So now that you realize you are awake,

Lets assume so for the time being,

what are you going to do with it?

Am gona be what I am !

Will you live inside your head where selfishness or reality cannot touch you?

Very much, I will predefine things the way I want it to look like, I will look at everything the way I want, I will judge any one (Yes! very arrogant) and at the same time remain a humble servant to Lord for giving such opportunity, and remain scared that the whole conscious game can stop any moment, even though I know the art to be conscious for ever!

Will you ignore certain aspects of your consciousness?

There is nothing that you can skip, the stuff falls on you like thin air, if you are smart enough, you see everything, if not nothing !

How will you act now that you have realized that you exist?

I am just touching my very private parts !

Will you search life for your preferences and nothing else or will you accept it as a whole?

I have a very good double standard on that, I will try for moon, and when I don’t get it I think my fate is smart enough to accommodate that failure ! And I laugh at myself, to say that I can never date Drew Barrymore !

It is not a fictional character that is thinking, it is you.

My dear one, its me none other than me !

How far will you go?

I have no limits as the source of my thoughts are my desires !

What will you do?

Be the best crazy guy on earth !

Will you dwell in petty mundane things?

This question need not be answered !

Willl you look out to the stars and wonder?

Yes, that’s when I see my Lord looking at me and telling me to go ahead for anything !

I guess the question is will you take responsibility for your awareness or will you hide in its fold?

Partly I can and partly I can not ! I surely think I have a share but when I think of my Lord, I only see his share!!!!

Will you transcend all things or submit to wallow in your misery?

Neither, I will remain with Him (Lord Shiva)

…..A humble slave