Taking out acts of revenge....

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Jul 1, 2008.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

But it's not really revenge in direct terms, but what im asking is peoples opinions on "giving people what you think they deserve." If you truley believe somebody should be punished but also know if you are not the one to hand out the punishment they will get away with it.

If it causes harm to them is it ok in your opinion to hurt them in anyway, knowing they have hurt somebody else but will get off free. In my opinion it is wrong to hurt inocents but if they are not inocent and will evade discipline then who will punish them if not the person who is in this position?.

Is karma in the hands of people who make decisions to serve its justice?.

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

As you live in the UK, you must know that the police and courts hurt innocent and good people the most, not criminals. The police and courts cause much more hardship to good, innocent people – there are times when we have to disregard the police and courts and solve our own problems, take matters into our own hands. I feel this is important in order to keep a balance in society. It would seem that life rewards those that are immoral and don’t care about others, life is easy for these people as they do not have to live up to any standards. Now for good, law-abiding people to stand around and not get their hands dirty when they see society around them falling apart are not doing their duty. That’s the way I see it.

Every situation is unique and merits its own distinct response. But generally speaking, if ‘taking revenge’ brings about some good, rights a wrong, then I would fully support it. The primary intention though should be to right a wrong - the action should not stem from jealousy or rage.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i totally agree with that!

they will (it seems) keep the criminals free and able to do what they want while the true victims are suffering.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

how on earth can you say that?
    ill bet if you visited any prison in britain you would not find it full of good and innocent people

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i know you were trieing to be funny but some of them are innocent, a testament to the poor shoddy justice system we have in this country

9. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i wasnt trying to be funny actually.
    i would say that the amount of innocent people in jail is as near to zero as possible,im guessing what u guys are moaning about it robbers getting away with 2 years probabtion etc?

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no actually, what i am complaining about is when a young girl is waiting for a train to come home from school she is attacked and held on the train tracks when a trian is coming and the C**ts who did it got away with it, and they are now able to torment the girl into being a outgoing funny girl to a depressed sad little thing who will not leave her mothers side, that is what the FUCK i am complaining about,

and the motehr of the girl being warned that if i go near these little fuckers then she can be arrested and charged with assault, perhaps if the courts looked more at the victims and not the curcumstance of the little assholes who do said things the world will be a better place,

11. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

if the people have been found not guilty for whatever reason do you really expect the authorities to condone retribution?!
    im not saying that the mother shouldnt do anything but of course she should do her best not to get caught.ie.get a big fucking knife,corner the kids and scare the absolute shit out of them.then just deny it ever happened.but if she gets caught then she will have to deal with the consequences just like everyone else.otherwise england could easily become a land of blood feuds.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

It's a myth that revenge is a waste of time. It can be very very sweet.

13. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

So can eating that fourth tub of ice cream, but perhaps it is another addiction, a rush to compensate for something deeper. I certainly feel the urge and the anger that is its engine, but...I think it generally is taking a short cut and is a habit.

In this I am thinking of planned revenge. Someone slaps you in face and you slap back, that's a whole 'nother turkey.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Thats near enough exactly as I see it, this is a personal matter to me at the moment and I know for a fact that person A did something terrible to person B, person A got away with what he did and justice was not served. Person B is a very peacefull person and also very disturbed and wounded by what happened and has been for years.

I have many options I could take but it basicaly comes down to 2 outcomes cutting a long story short. Either {1} I take action myself and give this person what they deserve, or {2} I leave it and they carry on living life witout suffering for what they did.

Speaking on the justice system aside from my personal issue at hand, I have to mention that here in the UK it is disgustingly unjust, people who commit crimes that amount in the government losing revenue get highly punished, while rapists and child molestors get away with light convictions. If you arent intouch with UK rape cases of late a quick google search will bring you plenty to read through.

Its a very common sight now in english courts to see rapists who even admit to doing it getting less than 2 years behind bars. while drug dealers get 10+ years without harming unwilling people.

peace.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It can be for awhile then it will start to eat away at you. Over time whenever you retaliate against someone your the one now who is doing the wrong in order to feel righted somehow. Once you realize this you start feeling very guilty and it eats away at you and that's not a very good feeling to be with all of the time.

16. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

People whom intentionally want to do harm and people whom want to punish others are one in the same. Fixing their behavior is the key, but if it can't be fixed then kill them so they will no longer pose the threat of harm.

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

well the proof was there on CCTV and they still said they were not guilty, in fact one girl was found not guilty and the other was found not guilty by associtation, and in fact the girls have been moved to a differant school.

and the mother has scared the shit out of them, well in fact not just the mum but also a few friends, but they didnt bother to corner them, why should've we, i wont be scared of the justice system and these kids are free to do what they want, because the police are to fucking scared to do any thing. they get a little bit of back chat from the kids and the perants and they walk away shitting themselves.

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

It hasn't been eating away at me yet, and i dont think it ever will, those asshole kids got what they deserved!

I was warned afterwards by the police not to do it again and it was worth it, and for the record i will do it again if they come anywhere near my daughter again

19. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

This does not sound like simply a story of revenge. It sounds like protection was a large part of the motivation. To create a buffer around the child. That is a whole other can of beans than simple revenge.

20. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

my point was....why would you expect the authorities to condone vigilantism?
    i dont care if you are scared or not,what i was saying is that if you get caught for a crime,even if a just revenge is the motive,you should expect punishment.