Students to be taught there isn't a God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

/pant

thats hot!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CatherineW Registered Senior Member

That's stupid.

Personally I don't believe in God but surely I have the right to have the choice whether I believe in God or not?
    People need all the information to make informed decisions.

And how can it be called Religious Education when you're being taught that one religion is wrong?

Pfft.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

And putting forward the case for why many people don't believe there is a god is letting people have all the opinions, so they can make informed decisions. Informed decisions do not come from solely giving people the propaganda.

One religion? Not believing in god applies to all religions that have god(s). Also, do you not think ever? Religions contradict each other, so teaching religion in inherently contradictory. Christianity says Jesus was a messiah, Judaism and Islam say this is wrong. Atheists merely say that we don't think any of you are right.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

I agree with your second paragraph, but I don't agree that Atheism 'dooms'. In fact, I think that's a bit of a slip on your part; it suggests to me that you're holding your religion out of fear.
    Personally, I see nothing particularly bad or particularly good about no life after death. I think people need to understand and start looking at it in a different way, instead of being taught to see Atheism as depressing.