Strange object filmed over Budapest

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Magical Realist, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

The post is on this very page. Heck, you quoted the post, but deleted the explanation! You're not an idiot, MR. Stop pretending to be one.
    Ridiculous. Again: If every now and then you acknowledged the plausibility of a mundane explanation, it would raise your credibility a lot.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

So far we have:::

Toad is certan its authentic snow geese... Russ thanks its... im not sure what Russ thanks it is... Sarkus is thankin CGI (backed up by the video bein from a notorious hoaxter)... MR rates it "strange object"... an so far the winer is "cluelusshusbund" wit... its a UFO

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

A snow goose, you say?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So, really, without further information it is difficult, if not impossible, to tell what it is. It appears to be an airborne object. I'm with clueluss on this one; it's an unidentified 'flying' object.
    I just wonder where MR gets the additional info that made him decide that it is a strange object.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Am i the only one whose noticed how smart Enmos is

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

synonyms for "Strange":::

Odd... curious... peculiar... weird... puzzling... perplexing... baffling.!!!

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You and Enmos can discuss the semantic ramifications of the word "strange". I'm content with the definition "strange"="unfamiliar".

If that's true it certainly makes it questionable. Yet it looks so "there"..

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

How did he determine that?

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Being rather myopic, from my perspective, there are a lot of unidentified flying objects up in the sky. I have never had the desire to label any of them as alien space craft.

So, i wonder, more about the psychological condition of my fellow humans than the objects in question.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

15. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought: when I said "banking", I meant a banking airplane. That's what they do when they turn.

The worse the quality of a video, the harder it is to identify what is in it (duh) and the more peculiar optical and camera effects come into play. People aren't used to seeing such effects, so they fill in the gaps in their knowledge and the information provided with speculation based on their biases. MR's bias takes him to "aliens" (if it is in the air) or "ghosts" (if it is on the ground - what, ghosts can't fly?). Mine always takes me to the obvious mundane explanation: if it is in the air and too far away to be a bird (and isn't a balloon), it is almost certainly a plane.

16. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

The nice word I used for it was "bias", but yes, I'm sure psychologists have others.

17. Bells Staff Member

[video=youtube;DlnOcZK892E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlnOcZK892E[/video]

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

My first thout was plane... but thangs other than planes also bank... hell... i guess even a snow goose banks.???

Yeah my biases lead me toward the mundane... or just UFO if no good evidence to make a guess... however... when i was about 6 i still have a memory of seein somptin that looked like this:::

My older sisters also saw sompthin in the sky an we all 3 ran into the house screamin.!!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Zeppelin?

20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Pfft, silly!
    The plural isn't gooses, it's gice.

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

He went "Ploink" befor that info came out.!!!

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Seen over Budapest.
    Giant Snowman feet about to land on a speeding passenger train.

re Banking aeroplane.
    How would you know what kind of people were on it?