Stop warming my globe!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by RebelWithoutACow, Feb 19, 2004.

1. RebelWithoutACow Registered Senior Member

Goddamnitall to hell, its gonna be 41c here on saturday! ( thats 105.8f for you yanks ) And with here being Brisbane, Australia, the humidity is gonna be at LEAST 70%! WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So stop using all them cfc's and driving your cars u bastards, I WANT GLOBAL COOLING! Bring on the next ice age i say! ......*trails off into more rants and incoherent mumblings*......

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Oh it's going to be a long weekend.. 41c

... Ugh it's even too hot for the beach..

Rebel, if you want to reduce the effects of global warming, do a little bit yourself. Turn off your air conditioner

.. LOL.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Shit I never heard the 41c on sat figure, I just heard the 38 on fri and was thinking that was fucking bad.
    Try keeping a fishtank around 28c in this heat, its fucking impossible.
    Also I wanted to buy a puppy this weekend, but no way can I watch an infant experience such uncomfortable conditions, panting desperately trying to get some moisture to evaporate off their tongue but denied by the muggy humid atmosphere, it would make me vomit and cry at the same time

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

That's shit...my roommate's dog just got 10 puppies this weekend, but fortunately it is winter here and we can regulate the temp inside to any temperature we want.

8. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Funny, I'm freezing my ass off.. and I live in Florida... Ussually doesen't get this cold here, tempature heres about 40.

9. DCLXVI Bloody Bastard Registered Senior Member

it's only 10°C here. Bring on the global warming, I sure as hell could use it.

10. Bells Staff Member

I am dreading the up coming days. Truly dreading it. 41c... ugh

. Is it just me or is it getting hotter and hotter in Brisbane with each summer? Sleeping at night has become impossible as everything feels warm, the bedsheets, pillows, the walls, even the tiles on the floor are very warm to the touch.

Rebel and Lou, this upcoming weekend is going to be horrid for us. I'm just praying that the humidity wont be too high. Crap, imagine if we get the 80% humidity again coupled with 41c

. If it's going to be that bad, sitting in an airconditioned movie theater for the day is becoming an even more appealing idea, since it's too hot to even go to the beach. Lou I pity your fish in that tank, must be hell keeping the water temperature down in such weather. Even the tap water is more than 28c at the moment.

Oh to be in cold weather right now, even just for one day. I'd so love to be able to sleep without broiling at the moment. How nice it would be to sleep on a pillow that doesn't feel as though it's been in the oven for an hour. Ugh.. this weekend is going to suck!!

11. Bridge Registered Senior Member

Sounds like you're in the wrong climate zone. Buy yourself a ticket to Michigan. We've been freezing our asses off for the last six to eight weeks. It was about 10 below zero F. a few nights ago. Your pillow stays nice and cool here. Even last summer we never got that hot, maybe a couple of weeks in the low 90's. I never complain about the cold, only the heat and that never lasts too long. Lake Michigan stays nice and cool in August so we can always get away from the heat somehow.

12. RonVolk Registered Senior Member

13. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Let's all migrate to colder places. Today, it was 41F. In February. I want cold! I want a nice snowy freezing winter, that lasts nice three months! Tibet sounds welcoming, and so does Canada.

14. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Just a little correction, I'm actually supposed to have my fishtank around 25c, I'm just so used to being pleased when I get it down to 28c.

But you know, today isn't as uncomfortable as I thought it was going to be, I think expecting the worst softened the blow, 41c tomorrow will have to suck no matter what though, that is so freaking hot.
    Human beings, especially anglo-saxons aren't supposed to live in those conditions.

I don't know what to think about "global warming".
    I definately think humans are producing more carbon dioxide than the planet can regulate properly.
    But I think we are also just naturally coming off the ass end of an ice age and it is supposed to be getting hotter.
    But alot of our evolution occurred during the thick of the ice age, I wonder how humans will deal with(if they haven't gone extinct by then) earth in its natural state?
    I guess we'll have some pretty nifty cooling suits invented by then, but I assume there will still be homeless people who can't afford them, suck to be them then I guess.
    And think of the polar bears

ugh thats depressing.

15. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Too hot for the waaah...

What blasphemy is this?! It is never too hot for the BEACH!

Just get out the umbrella and the shades, or roll in the sand, or go for a swim!

Right on, dude.

I'm about four miles from the world's most be-ootie-ful beaches... and I'm also on the verge of death by hypothermia every time I go out for school.