Steinem on Palin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by one_raven, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the lengthy and ontopic criticism of the article...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, then why are you wasting time here posting? Get to work already!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Is that all the better you can do? pathetic, just pathetic...........

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Hey, at least I am not attacking the messenger. If you have criticism, I will deal with the topic, not who brings it... Pathetic, just pathetic...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Yes, women are 1/2 the population (actually, a bit more than that). But the 50% figure I quoted was 50% of women. 50% of women self identify themselves as pro-choice, 50% do not. And the 19% figure for men was not the % that were prolife, it was the % who think abortion should be outlawed in all cases.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

This gives lie to your statement:

Originally Posted by Buffalo Roam
    I still have the original Playboy Stienem posed in.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Here's a great quote on Sarah Palin and feminism:
    A feminism that cannot admire the bravura under high pressure of the first woman governor of a frontier state isn't worth a warm bucket of spit.
    Camille Paglia on Sarah Palin
    http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/09/10/palin/index1.html
    She goes on to say that Palin is the biggest thing to happen in feminism since Madonna. Here's another great quote from the same article which makes the same point I've been trying to make:
    It is nonsensical and counterproductive for Democrats to imagine that pro-life values can be defeated by maliciously destroying their proponents. And it is equally foolish to expect that feminism must for all time be inextricably wed to the pro-choice agenda. There is plenty of room in modern thought for a pro-life feminism -- one in fact that would have far more appeal to third-world cultures where motherhood is still honored and where the Western model of the hard-driving, self-absorbed career woman is less admired.

But the one fundamental precept that Democrats must stand for is independent thought and speech. When they become baying bloodhounds of rigid dogma, Democrats have committed political suicide. ​

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  11. DARK_LORD Registered Member

That bitch opposes Abortion in the case of rape.NO FUCKING EXCUSE.The bitch has mental issues.There is no excuse,nothing anyone can say about the one tracked selfish mindset of PRO-LIFE idiots who wanna criticize everyone that does not conform to how they feel.Fuck Sarah Palin.I have no respect for such illogical views.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Great, she's a woman in a position of power. Besides that, she represents patriarchal thinking and regressive fundamentalist values.

13. DARK_LORD Registered Member

Too keep it simple

SELFISH MINDSET!

14. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

How is being pro-life, selfish?

15. DARK_LORD Registered Member

The approach to pass a law for pro-life is the biggest desire for the Pro-life supporters.The action is very selfish minded and inconsiderate.Must i really elaborate on how? I mean pro-choice gives the option to the individual woman.Pro-life(the belief of taking a life) is one action taken based off no conclusive evidence therefore to become critical of those who do not conform,or try to ban abortion is totally selfish minded and inconsiderate as hell.Pro choice gives the choice to the individual due to the many different theories and opinions.So its not so much Pro-life,its that desire that everyone should follow youand how youfeel.I do not recall people who support Pro-choice consistent bitching,whining,with attempts to have every woman to conform to an opinion(all action should be taken against those who oppose pro-choice) they see as facts(though its not),it gives that individual the choice.That is the most logical approach.Pro-life is taking the extreme right position.Pro-choice does not mean Anti-Pro-life.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  16. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Steinmen's a prick.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

For me, its very simple. Sara Palin is the woman who wants to take away my choices. Not a woman who stands for women.

18. CheskiChips Banned Banned

You can't vote, shut up.

19. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

You don't think it's more selfish for women who want to be sexually active, and not have to face the consequences of their actions? (having a baby) So they convince themselves that the baby inside of them is "Their body" to rationalize killing another human....just so they don't have to be inconvenced by an unwanted pregnancy, and ruin their career? Who's being selfish?

Ps. Not everyone who is pro-life wants to overturn Roe v. Wade....or is a right-wing extremist.

20. DARK_LORD Registered Member

First off killing another human is only an opinion some convince themselves is a fact,it would not be wise to try to pass it off as a fact because many oppose such a ridiculous statement that has no conclusive evidence behind it.

Furthermore,what do you care what a woman does with her body.Who is anyone to tell her she cannot have sex when she wants to? One thing for sure is selfishness is somethiing all humans have.However the effects it has when you try to force opinion on others that lack facts is ridiculous and selfishminded.If a woman wants to fuck her brains without a condom she will regardless how you feel.What are you going to do stop her? HA! Sounds to me the only selfish is the people who feel the need to tell any woman what she needs to do.Furthermore Palin opposes abortion in the case of rape.That is cruel as hell to me and i am more than glad Pro-choice exist.

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Hey, she is HOT! And she does not wear a pant suit!!!! That alone should qualify her to be VP.

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't be enticed to vote McCain if it the veep were Aiswarya Rai, probably.

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

OK, but when Obama calls you guys out on that - using a baby as "consequences" - you have no complaint.