"Stargate" a sci-fi history or something more?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Ronhrin, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alsophia Theophilos Registered Senior Member

When you understand the relationship of your own consciousness to time and space, we'll talk about stupid.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kasi Banned Banned

umm, if atomic secrets were kept, what precludes these from same?

*Because of the policy of compartmentalization, the quantity and variety of educational subject matter available for training purposes was limited. Most workers had knowledge of only the project activity under way at the site where they were employed and most generally did not even know exactly what was being made in the facility where they worked.

* Efforts to maintain good community relations was an important aspect of the District's information security program, which had as its prime objective the forestalling of security breaks, first by anticipating them and second by teaching project personnel how to be "instinctively alert-minded and security-wise."

* District security officials also investigated contractors' personnel recruitment programs, written correspon-dence, stock registration statements to the Securities and Exchange Commission, and similar activities in which security leaks were likely to occur.

*During the remaining months of 1944, congressional leaders succeeded in keeping the vast majority of the members of Congress ignorant of the atomic project.

* One of the most unusual duties assigned to the District's CIC Detachment was that of furnishing bodyguards for key Manhattan scientific leaders.

*Under the Office of Censorship's "Codes of Wartime Practices for the American Press and American Broadcasters," newspapers, periodicals, and radio broadcasters voluntarily agreed to refrain from discussing certain specified subjects and mentioning certain terms.

Security and the Manhattan Project

and all this cannot happen now?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Brains Registered Member

Do you know understand this relation between your consciouness and spacetime

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Alsophia Theophilos Registered Senior Member

Great question and to the point. Let me say that I have experienced it. Explaining it is another subject. The best I can come up with is this:
    Picture in your mind an infinite series of spheres going from the infinitely small to the infinitely large, one sphere within another and given that the spatial relationship of each sphere to its next or preceding be the same. In other words, if we were to look at this model from the outside, if one sphere were to the left of center, then the next sphere would also be to left of center. Now initiate movement into this model. Here we're dealing with infinite relativities. BUT, move any one, just pick one, into the center. That center point of any one of the spheres will be the centerpoint for all spheres, and being an infinite series, will be the centerpoint of infinity. Whatever that is.
    There are other angles of attack on this subject, but they tend to exist more in an unqualified quantum state, or should I say, perhaps a little too metaphysical for most of us. Jokingly I could say that here is always here no matter where you are, and that now is always now whenever. Following that up I'd have to say that if you are really fully conscious (you thought I'd never tie this into consciousnes) of your own personal here and now you would be in the center of space/time. From there it would only be a matter of opening whatever portal you wish. We're speaking of infinity here, so don't get lost out there.
    I have to leave Peru today, but will be checking in in a few days. Chau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.