Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Daleks vs The Massive in ship to ship combat, no time travel.

Millions of Dalek ships surround The Massive will the Tallest are having some donuts and Purple saids." Who's ships are those?" They both drop the donut bags as they see the Dalek ships surrounding them. The Irken bridge crew grabs the donuts will the Tallest are not looking.

"Call these inferior beings and tell them we're going to blow them up," Purple said.

"Yes sir! Opening Comm. Channel to unknowns now!"

"Identify yourselves in the name of the Irken Empire!” Red said to the pepper shaker thing that appeared on screen.

"We are the Daleks and you will be EX-TER-MIN-ATED!"

"Your creepy," Purple said as the Dalek ships fired on The Massive.

Red and Purple look at each other and scream along with the bridge crew as The Massive is engulfed in explosions... the explosions clear and all they did was burn the paint off The Massive.

Red and Purple look at each other and grin as the Daleks are in shock.

"DE-STROY-ANTE THEM!" Red yells pointing a claw at at the screen.

The spot just below the bridge of the planet size ship glows a bright red before discharging a massive laser blast that vaproizes half the Dalek fleet and then several planets behind them. Secondary weapons open up and the Dalek fleet is on the retreat.

Red and Purple will stuffing donuts in their mouths:" Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!"

Daleks:" RE-TREAT-ANTE! WHY US!!??"

Daleks vs Irkens with time travel.

Irkens:" RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY US!!??!!??!!??"

Daleks:" EX-TER-MIN-ATE IRKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ALL OTHERS ARE INFERIOR NEXT TO THE ALMIGHTY IRKEN EMPIRE!!!! FEAR AND OBEY THE IRON FIST AND CONQUESTY IRON BOOTS O'DOOM!!!!!

TOTAL MULTI-VERSAL CONQUEST IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ricrery Banned Banned

You forgot some, the Daleks transmat half the entire crews into a supernova they made and transport the other half to their ships to their capital planet sized ship which comes with at least ten million solar system busters and they proceed to exterminate the Irken with ease.

Also, once they finish that, they use a galaxy buster to destroy their galaxies for sh!ts and giggles. Daleks win.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ricrery Banned Banned

Also, you are a Prophet of Xenos and thus are an enemy of the Holy Imperium and the Inquisition, you will be killed Xeno...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

They just transported at least tens of billions of live Irkens onto their planet size capital? My only question is do Daleks have at least Gigaton range infantry weapons because otherwise their dead on the ground and you gave the Irkens a weapon that can blow up the universe.

Depends, how rare and how are they to deploy? Do they need to be in the galaxy or can they fire from beyond the galactic rim? If they can't hit from range Irken ships catch them along the way and replace the power sources of the Daleks ships with rubber piggy's thanks to transports of their own. In fact, this is something that did happen in Invader Zim when Tallest Red transported The Massive's power core into another ship (Zim had remote control of the ship).

Also: FTL combat and long range FTL cannons for the win!* Sets back and watchs as the entire Dalek fleet and their capital is blown apart as The Massive rams through them at FTL*

Hm? The Irkens conquered them along with the rest of the 40K galaxy last week with just The Massive.

8. ricrery Banned Banned

Wrong, they teleport them into holding cells or into the heart of the Crucible, trapping or killing them, and the Irkens can't damage solar system busting ships that can easily tank their own attacks with zero damage.

Plus, Dalek weapons penetrate their enemies and destroy them from the inside, they're dead any way you can think of it.

They can shoot from anywhere they like, and how are the Irkens going to dent let alone damage solar system busters that fly through black holes with ease? They can't replace them with rubber pigs because the Daleks will prove the fact they can't survive being teleported into a star.

Calculations? Because I have a 99.999% chance that the Massive and its support couldn't dent a normal saucer let alone the Crucible, which would obliterate it with millions of weapons that *don't* destroy stars but turn everything in a solar system to atoms. The Massive and the entirety of their fleet is FUCKED. Considering they use craptastic mechs and jetpacks, and they can't create anything worth shit like Daleks who create teleporters AND time machines in a standard Dalek.

I was talking about the Covenant, they're so getting it up their asses it's not funny.

9. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Poor Daleks, the Irkens deploy the spider legs from their PAKs and break out and take control of the ships in short order. Thank you for helping the CONQUESTY BOOT O’DOOM!

I hope they are not DET weapons then because they are going to need GT-TT range firepower to take out unarmored Irkens unless they transmat the PAKs off which would disable and kill the Irkens within the next ten minutes.

So they can destroy the galaxy from anywhere? Fine then. How long does it take to deploy said weapon and destroy the galaxy and how many do they have?

Black how means nothing. Is it a consistent feat in the show that is supported by other events? is the black hole in anyway technobabble? Otherwise I point you Voyager and the 2009 ST movie. I am not impressived with just calling it a black hole.

The Irkens can use teleports or time travel to replace the Daleks or just their brains with rubber piggy’s in only several seconds. Also, do Dalek transmats work though shields and at greater ranges then that video showed?

An Irken civilian vehicle the size of a small car used it [Edit:MAJOR TYPOS] side pods (THIS ARE NOT EVEN ITS WEAPONS) to cut through a mini-Dysonsphere used by the Planet Jackers which has a low end of 600GT/s assuming it was the size of Earth and made out of iron plus based on how thick it was. It took about one minute for it to cut through. This is what ZIM the destroyer of everything got after he had exiled by the Tallest. There is also: The can that held the weight of Mars… http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=89337

IIRC he did the side pod calcs also.

So how do the weapons work? Do they just rip them apart and can shield objects survive it etc.etc? This sounds more like it should be able to one shot anything.

Otherwise, I think the Irkens can tank what ever is thrown at them short of the galaxy destroying weapon. All that would do though is tick them off and make the entire Armada head straight for the Daleks though. And an Armada used in a bid at universal conquest is going to easily number in at least the hundreds of trillions. All of these ships with high Exaton to mid range Yottaton firepower with a rapid fire rate about the same as turbolasers. Attacking from FTL and ramming things at FTL.

Also, you can look up more at SB if what I gave you wasn’t enough.

Those craptastic mechs have low Petaton power for the Maim Bot which can be piloted by a single Irken and most likely high Petaton to low Exaton firepower for the Front Line Battlemech which needs half a dozen or so controllers. And those jetpacks are rated at 380,000+ Gs from Planet Jackers and it doesn’t even harm the Irkens using them in anyway.

The Irkens also have short range telepoters in their PAKs which Zim used to transporter organs out of others to try and appear more normal.

I know... that is why I rape them now with the power of the Irkens.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I call upon the rule of 42 - The Heart of Gold can defeat any space-born ship or entity in combat by turning them into a flower pot, a whale, or some other improbable item, the more improbable the better.

11. George1 Registered Senior Member

no,being a writer for star trek sucks

12. George1 Registered Senior Member

ha,pathetic try to win!
    oh really?
    and why should i believe you on it?
    talks the trekkie!

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

star wars EU is immediately related to star wars movies,especialy considering
    that the movies themselves are sometimes intersected by novels and even games!
    as long as they do,the EU is cannon.

14. George1 Registered Senior Member

like anyone would believe you are married; what kind of person that has time for this actually is mature?NONE!
    stop inventing!

15. George1 Registered Senior Member

those laws were made by humans to counter they'll natural tendencies to:
    kill people if they don't have food,sex or a house!
    kill people simply because it is not illegal!
    and so on!

in any sentient race that will ever appear,they'll own consciousness would
    be against them; it will make the jealous,selfish,etc.!
    if there were no laws,you probably would not have been born!

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Heh, and thus you prove your immaturity - you can't debate the topic, so you resort to insulting the fans, writers, and community at large.

Hilarious.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If you would like, I can scan my marriage license, a photograph of my wife and I at the ceremony, and a picture of our wedding bands as proof.

If you desire, I can even scan a picture of my penis for your viewing pleasure, as proof that I am indeed a man.

Though, if you seriously ask me for that last bit, I'm going to have to question your mental and sexual states.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If you honestly would kill a person just because it IS NOT illegal, then you, kid, have some deeply rooted issues and should seek out psychiatric help immediately.

What high school do you go to? I want to let them know to watch for your behavior and to have you evaluated.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No. As long as they do NOT contradict the movies, they are canon.

Problem is, the VISUALS in the movies irrefutably contradict the absurd values given. Thing is, you rabid warsies like to invent excuses like "oh, the power pack wasn't fully charged". Honestly, who initiates combat with a power pack that isn't charged? Are your people THAT stupid?

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Why should you believe me?

A) I'm older
    B) I've studied more than you have (both this and collegiate studies)
    C) I've done this before, I know the irrefutable outcome, no matter how much people kick scream and cry about it
    D) I'm your elder, if nothing else, so respect your elders KID

21. George1 Registered Senior Member

"After Star Wars was released, it became apparent that my story—however many films it took to tell—was only one of thousands that could be told about the characters who inhabit its galaxy. But these were not stories that I was destined to tell. Instead, they would spring from the imagination of other writers, inspired by the glimpse of a galaxy that Star Wars provided. Today, it is an amazing, if unexpected, legacy of Star Wars that so many gifted writers are contributing new stories to the Saga."
    ―George Lucas, from the introduction of Splinter of the Mind's Eye, 1996

official description of the EU
    The Expanded Universe (or EU for short) encompasses every one of the officially licensed, fictional background of the Star Wars universe, outside of the six Star Wars films produced by George Lucas. It is derived from and includes most official Star Wars-related books, comic books, video games, spin-off films, television series, toys, and other media. This material expands and continues the stories told in the films, taking place anywhere from over 5,000 years before The Phantom Menace to 133 years after Return of the Jedi. For the most part, the Expanded Universe is considered canonical by Lucasfilm Ltd.—though subordinate to film canon. However, the issue is one of the most hotly debated topics among fans.

The Expanded Universe has a continuity with few wrinkles. The general rule is that nothing in the Expanded Universe is allowed to contradict any other part of the Expanded Universe or the films. The films, however, do slightly contradict the Expanded Universe on occasion, and retcons are created in the Expanded Universe to fix these contradictions. In the absence of such ad hoc solutions, the EU is considered incorrect on the particular points of contradiction. The Expanded Universe is actually older than the films themselves, as the novelization of the original film was published nearly a year before the film was released. The earliest works involving Star Wars chronologically is the Tales of the Jedi comic series, which is set millennia before the films are. The most recent is the Legacy comic series, which is set about one-hundred thirty years after Return of the Jedi.

lose again!

22. George1 Registered Senior Member

prove it!
    then prove it with more maturity!
    and?
    i don't respect people who don't respect me!!!!

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In July 2001, Lucas gave his opinion on the matter of what is canon in Star Wars during an interview with Cinescape magazine:
    “ There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe.

Further, in an August 2005 interview in Starlog magazine:

STARLOG: "The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?"

LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."

Another noteworthy exchange between Lucas and an interviewer appeared in the May 2008 edition of Total Film magazine:

TOTAL FILM: "The Star Wars universe has expanded far beyond the movies. How much leeway do the game makers and novel writers have?"

LUCAS: "They have their own kind of world. There's three pillars of Star Wars. I'll probably get in trouble for this but it's OK! There's three pillars: the father, the son and the holy ghost. I'm the father, Howard Roffman [president of Lucas Licensing] is the son and the holy ghost is the fans, this kind of ethereal world of people coming up with all kinds of different ideas and histories. Now these three different pillars don't always match, but the movies and TV shows are all under my control and they are consistent within themselves. Howard tries to be consistent but sometimes he goes off on tangents and it's hard to hold him back. He once said to me that there are two Star Trek universes: there's the TV show and then there's all the spin-offs. He said that these were completely different and didn't have anything to do with each other. So I said, "OK, go ahead." In the early days I told them that they couldn't do anything about how Darth Vader was born, for obvious reasons, but otherwise I pretty much let them do whatever they wanted. They created this whole amazing universe that goes on for millions of years!"

TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

A conversation between Lucas and John Knoll in a web diary during the production of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith showed more of the movie/Expanded Universe relationship:

"So how did Anakin get that scar, George?" asks John Knoll.

"I don't know. Ask Howard," says George, referring to President of Lucas Licensing Howard Roffman. "That's one of those things that happens in the novels between the movies. I just put it there. He has to explain how it got there. I think Anakin got it slipping in the bathtub, but of course, he's not going to tell anybody that."

No, you sir, lose. He has stated, time and again (AFTER your quote none the less) that the EU is a parallel, alternate, and separate entity in itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.