Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George1 Registered Senior Member

no,it was made out
    of Quantum-crystalline armor,in other words,It was made possible by stacking a few layers of atoms as densely as the laws of physics could permit, and laminating them above another thin film that was as strong, but phase shifted. that's the official description,moron!
    just because it bears the same name,you think it's the same thing?
    wow,how moronic of you!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. George1 Registered Senior Member

what??

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

cut if you would fucking watch the movies,it was shielded only against heavy weapons,but Proton Torpedoes are designed
    EXACTLY to go through them!
    [
    oh,not again this stupid bullshit pseudoscience!
    i don't give a shit about the PSEUDOSCIENCE of Voyager!
    cuz the Empire had priorities in engaging in a battle,one of them being exiting hyperspace
    far from the planet in order to make preliminary scans of the fucking area!
    and i give those stations 1 in a trillion chances to
    have any effect of the DS1!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Any intelligent commander will prep the battlefield and gather intel before going in there, that's why only morons will hyperspace right up to the target. If you had their odds, you wouldn't have believed that a proton torpedo will make it in, I wondered why they didn't try concussion missiles. It will only work if it is carried by a fighter, because they can just intercept the torpedo in mid flight. Same name doesn't = same thing. TurboLASERS aren't lasers for example, LIGHTsabers aren't light, my username is SHOGUN that doesn't make me the military dictator of Japan.

8. George1 Registered Senior Member

well for a moron with only warp cores in mind,it is!

well then explain why the DS1 was able to
    generate enough energy to blow up a planet,go through hyperspace across
    the galaxy,and be ready to fire,ALL IN THE SAME DAY?
    you can't because hypermater reactors produce way more energy that
    puny matter/antimatter reaction!

right...and if the ejection system is broke...?

ee,NO,(Moron)ittamaru,the Venator was a warship,if you know what that means,it needed it's large size to carry large weapons and also carry it's
    starfighters!loser!

9. George1 Registered Senior Member

hahah,so is one of my college in school! coincidence...?:shake::shake::shake:

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Star Wars ships also carry the ammunition and supplies for huge numbers of troops. Don't forget the Death Star is not only the superlaser, it is also a staging platform for assaults. It have drydocks, massive hangers and the supplies for armadas.

11. George1 Registered Senior Member

far from it!
    "sources" that already think star trek is real?like you?
    no,they had walky-talkies!
    where are you getting this stuffs?
    WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE?
    they never appear in star trek,they were though of without trek needing to
    invent them!
    now stop!!!!
    this is stupid! Radiation Therapy was NOT invented by star trek,you are
    taking credits fore something real!
    i ask you not to!
    cuz they are trekkies!they would do anything for kirk!
    WARS!
    trek lost long ago,when Star Wars first came out!
    since then,trek is outdated!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  12. George1 Registered Senior Member

well he did showed proof..you just ignore it!

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Ronald Reagan started the Star Wars program, you see the Star WARS program not the Star TREK program. Do Star Trek have a huge government research project named after them? NO!

14. George1 Registered Senior Member

they don't need them!
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Antimatter
    not in you'll stile,but they do have them!

15. George1 Registered Senior Member

and yet it is included in everything about star wars TOGETHER with the movies!

16. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

EU canon is just as messed up as the whole of ST. The overall plotline is consistant, but those weapon outputs tactics, and technological explainations vary wildly between books
    Because such evidence is flawed, outdated, or of unreliable sources

No, ST just has more numerous but subtle influences on everything else.

Then why don't they use them? It would solve many food storage problems and recycle supplies to prolong missions.

17. George1 Registered Senior Member

18. ricrery Banned Banned

So EU is canon, and Nexarc, ever thought they weren't going to use an atomic bomb on a fly? Plus, they didn't want the Falcon dead.

Off topic, I'm starting to that the "Imperium of Man" from the "Warhammer 40,000" universe is more advanced than the Feds:

They take 6 months to cross half the galaxy and the Federation takes several decades to cross 75,000 light years. W:IoM

Their ships fire petatons and even firing too much on a planet causes the planets crust to chip off, destroying the planet, and the Federation and Klingons both fire at a planet and cause clouds to form over it. W:IoM

Their teleporters are rarely seen outside ships, but they are so powerful as to rip a hole in space and teleport themselves through shields and teleport back instantaneously, and these are common in space battles, but they can cause "telefragging", and the Federation uses transporters mainly on their ships to teleport down to a planet surface and investigate, but it requires anti-matter to be used, and replicators have failed to make those in the past, and they kill people if they have a malfunction. W:IoM

Their replicators are actually STCs and they function as computers and replicators, but they can produce mechanical sentience to planet destroying torpedoes and ships, the only problem is they're rare, and they can become corrupt, and the Federation replicators replicate food and other luxuries, but they can't replicate certain materials or their own fuel, but they are common throughout Starfeet. W:Tie

19. George1 Registered Senior Member

also,a class 1.0 Hyperdrive motivator was capable of speeds in excess of one hundred million times the speed of light. so there! THAT'S ADVANCE!

20. George1 Registered Senior Member

oh,and i just found out why the thermal exhaust port was even there!
    when the DS1 designer (Bevel Lemelisk)was attending to the construction of
    the Death Star,he decided that (surprise) the post was not needed!
    he therefor ordered the wookie in charge of that are not to build it, but the
    wookie died soon after,and his replacement build it any way according to the
    plans!

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The EU does the explaining and the expansion for the movies. Its funny how the Mandalorian Empire already figured out how to turn planets into molten slags very quickly thousands of years before the Galactic Empire. The Mandalorian ships are small mind you, because they are made out of Beskar'gem. I believe the Falcon's hyperdrive is 0.5 which is 2x faster than the 1.0 ckass.

22. George1 Registered Senior Member

yup,0.5!
    that is more that 100 million c,and official calculation of a warp 9 factor is
    1516.38 c,WAY slower than a class 15,way slower that virtually ANY class
    of hyperdrive!
    now saying that a civilization capable of that technology would be defeated by
    the puny Borg,Feds or the ENTIRE trek universe,it's immensely stupid!

23. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

well, we do take it quite seriously;

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

not to the point of rediculous bullshit like some have for the past few pages. People like me, Kittamaru, Nexarc etc, might hate Warsies (for good reason of course), but we do keep a level head in the face of childish behavior that seeks to defend stupid sources. While I myself might lack at times the ability to recall certain information, I keep it serious and mature (like the others I mentioned by name), because we (and if I may be so bold as to speak for some of the others) seek to honor what Star Trek has mentioned/provided for more than half a century. As long as we honor those ideas (even in our personal life) and hope that our world will be like that someday, I think MAYBE, just MAYBE this planet won't go down the toilet.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.