Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

being a ship that smuggles and is able to so without the imperial navy catching them i'm betting the sensors are actually pretty good.
    it doesn't have to be bling bling , it has to the job. a she's still the fastest. plus for it size is its more agile than any ship the feds could trow at her.bare in mind that the falcon isn't the standard YT-1300. it's modified in many ways. being a smuggler it's fair to say the modifications are mainly sensors, steath and engines. and not paint.

as for Han being a lowlife i think you better watch the movies again.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

1)then i don't see the point of firing your torps at warp. it would be like firing todays bullits. yet it would be the only way to even try to hit the Falcon or Slave1 or any fighter for that matter.

2) maybe because a lot of planets are made of iron. and the ds well some kind of ... euh... iron???

3) why the hell would the scimitars shield be less powerfull then the e-e's. it overpowers the e-e on everthing else. BTW why would Picard even decide to fly his ship into the scimitar if he didn't know for sure it wouldn't just bounce off ??
    a) because he knew it would do the trick even if it killed him and his crew.
    b) because the scimitar had to be stopped and picard was the only one able to do it.
    c) because they all knew if the scimitar would be able to escape it would take out the whole federation.
    d) because it's just awesome to look at on screen.

4) In st it is always the same persons that save the day. so i doubt the standard crew member is smarter than the standard impirial officer.

I think Mal is still the brightest of them all. taking his old firefly with one gun and making two whole fleets kill eachother off

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

damn i love Serenity

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

that doesn't stand for shit. because they haven't been fighing warhammer yet. so they don't know ther tactics and weaponry either.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

well a few isd and ssd would keep your ships busy while the DS makes his way to earth. hell they wouldn't even bother with earth itself. blow jupiter and it's debri surely take our everthing else in the solar system. but for instand shock they would just take out earth.

8. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1.hardly. by that point Scimitar got hit hard. and just minutes prior the shields are visible as they deflect a large remnant of a romulan warbird. the only way why E-E passed so easy would be that there must have been some weak spot and this is what the coordinates picard gave were.

2.why useless? they are slow, but if you can't target or destroy them you are still going to be hit by them

3.true. Picard was the only reason E-E was not destroyed. they wanted him alive.

4. this is most unlikely. there were at least 7 ships in that attack group. at least one Defiant, one Galaxy and one Intrepid. if 2 warbirds and a sovereign were capable of triangulating the fire to locate the Scimitar, the attack force could have done it even faster and more efficient.

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

Kazon ships are not armed with lasers dude. they have plasma weapons and some early form of photonic weapons (warheads) on them. an it takes 7 of their battleships to cope with one Intrepid class light cruiser. even plasma weapons ar outdated by late TNG.

BTW, i doubt DS's superlaser is a laser at all. not that they would hit anything mooving faster then an elder hedghog with it.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i agree. 2 sovereigns would provide an interstening challange, but migh still not be enough.

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

bah, i would have programed the software myself in turbo pascal

actually this procedure should be a standard issue on all ships when facing cloaked oposition. it would render active fire when cloacked effectively useless.

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

no way dude. the DS is anywhere betwean 50-200km wide. and it is all metal and armor. they could fire at the supelaser placements though. that would make more sence.

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

don't count on your relativistic speed too much. agility is more important then speed here. this is why they made the Defiants remember?

14. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

1) point accepted but if a piece of debrie can weaken your shields imagine what tons of debrie wil be flying around in a full scaled battle.

2) because torps shields can't possibly powerfull enough to withstand the firepower a isd can provide. and then we can even order droidfighters to just fly into them. how much torps did a vessel have again. about 300 ??? what is the max firerating for torps ??? 10, 20, 30 a sec??????

3)

4) euh i don't think the scimitar would survive a full attack group. but it wasn't build for that. It was build for cloak and dagger. It would take them out a few ships at a time. i don't think they would be that stupid to take on the group. by the time they would know the ent-e wasn't comming and the made a find and rescue run, the scimitar would be long on his way to earth.

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

man i would like to dabate wh40000 in the space arena, but i'm too lazy to read all those books right now. from what you say it makes no sence. first the shield were not in use, because they were too weak to withstand even the lasers. now the shields are strong enough to withstend planet killers. then ground units were stronger then ships. no ships can destroy planets. which one is it? cause this way it makes no sence at all.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

there is no point in microjumping when the enemi is highwarping streight to your homeworld. where would ypu jump to? the enemy would speed away from you.in the case of the Scimitar they lost warp capability remeber?

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. neighter have i
    2.agreed (if the falcon had any apropriate scaners available)
    3. cause they held against 1/3 of a warbird seconds earlier? remember when Shinzon cuts one of the warbirds in half? on og the fragments deflects of the E-E's shields. just wach the scene.

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

nah, the computer does all the calcs based on the gravity wells. any unexpected of these and you drop out of hyperspace. even simulated grav wells. so basicly an extended warp field would act as an interdictor.

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i would guess the Falcons primary asset is its low profile. who would suspect an aging freighter. and then speed an agility. boy that scrapheep can do some fancy moves. and then Solo to fly it, he knew his ship well.

20. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

errrr you fire your torps in warp so you can hit someone that is persuing you to warp or vice versa.they wold not lose any potency unless specifically programed to do so to gain extra operational range. you woul not even bother to fire torpedos on small and agile targets unless you set them for proximity blasts. even so they are fast enough for the old Falcon.

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i think the have encountered planty of lasers and plasma guns in their early history

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

a viable tactic, but why Jupiter? gass giants make poor choice of targets. blow up mars. or venuce.

23. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. well you stay away from the really big ones lol

2. hmm well TL bolts are fast yes, but then again TL guns are awfully unprecise. using suicide fighters to block torps would work on torps fired from long range. and even so you'd run out of fighters too soon. if they want to get rid of those fighters they just shoot them with phasers, or set the torpedo warheads to detonate near your fighter groups.
    4. aye, had the E-E reached the safety of the battlegroup i think Shinzon would have sneaked by them and head directly for Earth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.