Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

A few well-placed shots by someone that knew that vessel almost as well as Picard did... remember, it was Schinzon's DRIVING FORCE to take out Picard... he studied the man and the crew intently... I'd wager he knew the ship almost as well...

The Empire, on the other hand, would be lucky to see it on their sensors... moments before a salvo of torpedoes blew em to hell...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Not really... that's like saying a modern-day battlecruiser (we don't have any real Battleships anymore) is always at tactical-station 24/7...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Not really... the Q have a vested interest in Humanity beyond mere enjoyment... otherwise Q wouldn't have protected it, nor attempted to have a child with janeway (and subsequently Q had a child, q, with his wife, Q), nor would he have warned them about the Borg and allowed them to develop technology to counter them...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

One problem... the DS can't enter range via hyperspace, thanks to the gravitational pull of the solar system and the other planets

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It's not another dimension ffs... if it was, it wouldn't make you travel any faster! You really don't have a clue about how multiverse theory works mate

:bugeye:

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i actually agree with you. it is a very efective strategic weapon of terror (although not much tactical use in it). it might actually get the pacifistic civil authorities of the UFP to plea for peace.

other factions migh not respond like that though.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

well ok, i might buy the "radar" absorbing thingy, but visual sensors sgould have spoted it. AGM-65 would have. besides, at this point the fleet was redeploying for FTL jump. it would have been nice to check their own mass and geometry prior to that.

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1.i am not arguing "negative" grav is not detectable, i say it is not the same as the 1G on an Earth sized object. the first does not even begin to have the gravity well of the second.

2.by this logic the people or the ship would not have passed through the asteroid. i know where you derive your line of thinking from and it makes sense. but in all subsequent sightings of phasing technology all the objects were virtualy "transperant" (the Pegasus, E-D, the torpedoes) to matter and even energy. since the only example that suports phased/non-phased interacion is the defective romulan cloak that effectged only personal, we must asume this property native to the said experiment.

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

true, stealthy design is the only belivable solution here. still, the other ships were awfull close, too close for my liking.

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i try to look at it on the bright side, at least they did not "superlaser" it :m:

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

and would make the debate totaly not interesting :m:

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

since those races are obsessive megalomanics, they might try to get their hands on some of those DSs. BTW, in a DS vs DS duel, who wins?

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

hmm, 2 well placed shots were enough to send the DSs to the kingdom come

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i forgot about that one too

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

in a way it is a refference system in which FTL is allowed. you might name this phenomena "dimension" for all practical purposes.

19. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Hyperspace is an alternative dimension above our own space where the laws of nature don't apply

as subspace is an alternative dimension below our own space.

multiverse is the theory that for every event that has multiple outcoms for every outcome there is a parrarrel univers.
    so in theory you could travel in a dimention where the bigbang didn't happen yet. or you could be in a dimension where your galaxy is very much smaller than your own.
    tthe point is that it's a theory. no-one has ever been to a other dimension. it's sci-fi even stephen king uses an other dimension in one of his books where a boy switches between his own and the other dimension but in the other dimension travelling goes much faster. If he walks 100meters in the other dimension and swithches back he'd travelled almost 1km in our own.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  20. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

agreed :m:

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

lol

22. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

excuse me but that is one of the q's. Q's are pretty racists in my eyes.
    they are at civil war because of the Janeway incident. with a possible outcome of the univers being destroyed whiping out humanity i don't find that having a vested intrest in humanity. but indeed there is one who thinks of humans as toys. but what if he gets a new toy????

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

this is what i saying all along, it wouldn't be long before either side has al the tech of the otherside. in the end it wil be numbers, sheer numbers.

ds vs ds. kinda like a duel in the wild wild west looooooool. the once with the fastest fingers i suppose.

:m:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.