Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

they kill the admirals cause they rule by terror. the result? the same as the pre-WW2 soviet union. uterly incompetent military staff.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

so if one comic proves the shields are there and another says they are not, who's the hypocrite? that is why it's better to stick with the movies. they were all directly controlled by Lucas. no funny business.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

cause enough of them can do serious damage to it, maybe even destroy it if they are equiped with enough heavy proton torpedoes and ion cannons.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

Data was destroyed

8. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

so there is no holonet in Milky Way?

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

there is just so far you can go

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

exactly that, they never fight from hyperspace. they don't even intercept in hyperspace.

11. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

trek higher caliber Moral wise ??? yeah right.

12. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

sorry but if you claim stuff for trek that they can rebuild th same goes for SW.
    there are a lot of things in startrek that are done by someone in a specifik situation yet you claim once they did it they can do it again. bu when it comes to SW it's like "oh sorry it's destroyed in the movie so you can't use it again."

Keep it real kitt. ones it's used it can be use again period. but that would be to hard on trek wouldn't it.

13. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

euh the speed that the isd are closing in on the millenium falcon looked on screen as fast as the enterprise so why are they then slower. i don't recall anyone in the movies saying howfast a ship can go in subspace. for all we know they can do ,9 aswell.

14. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

timetravelling will be the downfall on ST.

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

oh if we go there i already see the outcome of the conflict.....both galaxies get turned into a combo of lush vegetables, planetary debrees and dead stars

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

maybe they can maybe they can't, the thing is they haven't. during the Bespin chase the relative movements of all ships clearly is nowhere near relative speeds, the same goes for the Tatooine chase. then again the departure angle view of NCC-1701 in TM shows such speeds, and that was impulse power.

17. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

i mean't things like
    * u can't use darth vader and yoda because they are dead yet data can be used though.

* u can't use a deathstar because they where destroyed. euh did anyone eveer mentioned that the emperor has the plans with him when ds2 is destroyed ??? i don't think so

when in gunfight a phasers leaves a spark and the foo dies. a blaster rifle leaves a spark and the ewok dies. so what's the differce????? Worf uses a bazooka type of weapon and you see some smoke when it hits the target. a AT-AT fires d you see a chunck of tree blown off so what's the difference????

see my point ? eveytime u see a blastershot it's clamed to be weak yet whenyou see phaser fight they are set at lowpower ??? yeah wright.

allso in this discution the empire can use his full force to fight because its universe vs universe. all vs all. so the empire would not need his forces to maintain order. they can use any one and any vessel in there universe

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  18. Saquist Banned Banned

Yes, really small. But the humans get around.
    The Taur'i are the only ones with the man power and the resources...all they needed was the technology

This is where I fell that SG can be sort of arbitrary. THey use a ridiculous amount of energy for this that Trek could likely do for less. It reminds me of Star Wars. Maybe it's just that the scale is ridiculous.

No you're right.
    When the Atlantis was attacked by the beam fired through the stargate ship it wasn't that the beam was all powerful but that the beam would never end. The beam would power the shield making it indestructable and the beam was powerful enough to keep the worm hole open for longer than 38 minutes infact indefinitely and the beam would continue to fire on the citie's shield

19. Saquist Banned Banned

The shield is necessary for the city to travel through space as well. But I find it a most remarkable design.

20. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

It have shields to stop it from time-traveling in hyperspace, because they can't control how far.

21. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Well, I never saw any shields even resist a Ion Cannon is Star Wars, so I don't know.

22. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Well, yeah because nobody is crazy enough to go against it unless the numbers are on their side. It is easier to hit and more difficult to replace, but it also make people more scared.

23. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Well there is another solution. It is a exclamation about how hard it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.