Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

there's a difference in 1978 and 2005 special affects i suppose but where talking decades here. Hell is ST they can't even hold it together is one series;
    but that's a fact we just have to life with. Anakin in the prequels can kick ass but Vader can't win from Luke, who has like what ?? a few months of training?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Buh

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Star wars didn't hold it together over ONE MOVIE.

Originally, and Lucas has said this himself, "Luke and Leiah were supposed to fall in love". Yes... believe it or not... INCEST. IN STAR WARS.

When the next 2 movies were commissioned, they changed that around a bit.

Oh, and Vader couldn't best Luke for the same reason I couldn't shoot my little brother in the face with a .357... love. Luke was still his son... and Vader wasn't a heartless bastard like Poppadoppalalpatine.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Antaran, the Voyager project was slated to have more probes... they got re-designed and re-named though *shrugs*

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

even if so, they were not launched in the 20th century under the designation voyager, so in essence ST is an alternate reality.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

just to suport this with another example, there were no Eugenic wars or augments eighter.

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Here's another reason why the empire is doomed to fail. They are already stretched to their limits by the time ST attacks. Even if they pull all their ships to slowing down the attack. They wont have anything left to keep what can crudly be difined as order. So there is a good chance that the empire will be falling apart from lack of military force by the time ST ships get their. So ineventibly the planets will be taken over by independant groups.

The Q would think the empire is a turd that someone forgot to clean up. They aren't enlightened, they are just mass murderers. The Q wouldnt care at all about them.

The ISD's would be obliterated by the fact that their shields cannot block solid attacks. Yes I proved it because earlier is said that a fighter fired a solid torpedo across the shield. Someone else said the fighter already was between the shield and the death star. So there's my point the fighter, being a solid object, passed straight through the shields of the death star. And the exceutor was hit by a fighter. The arguement behind this was that the shields were down. No they weren't, they were about to fail but had not done so yet.

Also the borg's boarding parties are the best you could ever imagine. Not only do they have personal shields that become impenetrable after a few shots of the enemies weapons, and powerful weapons, and super strength. But they also have nanites. Imagine, you send ten drones over, in an hour they make 100 drones, than a thousand, and eventually take over the ship. They can also begin taking over ship systems with the nanites. And considering each cube has 80,000 soldiers on it.....

Once more the cubes travel infinitely fast with transwarp conduits and can outrun any fleet. That means that the first wave of attacks will probably be easy because the reinforcements will arrive too late. It is not until the cubes get to the inner systems that the empirial ships can begin to mount a strong defense. And by then there are tens of thousands of cubes swarming the galaxy. Knowing the empire's weapons, their shields.....their weaknesses. (and trust me there's a lot of them). So not only are the ISD's outnumbered, they are facing cubes that are immensely large, with awesome weaponry, including the empire's own weaponry.

And so falls the empire

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, I mean... my point is, when the script for the movie was made, they probably had planned on the future Voyager missions taking place. It's only because the movie was (I believe) written before the end of the voyager missions that there is a discontinuity.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Negative batman...

The Borg would not assimilate ANY of the Empires tech... that would be a downgrade... this is not MICROSOFT we're talking about here.

Oh yeah... I went there.

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Scotch, the borg are not the be-all end-all of Trek races...

There are groups like the Gorn, Hydrans, and Lyrans we have seen in TOS that have some seriously advanced tech... the Gorn with their plasma torps are scary fuckers.

Then there's the fact that the UFP/Klingons/Romulans/Vulcans are all allies... and in wartime would share not just supplies but tech and other advancements.

Also the fact that an ISD has the scientific capabilities of my BATHTUB means they'd be hard pressed to find weaknesses in Trek ships.

Finally, if HyperSpace becomes THAT big a deal, easy solution - Quantum Slipstream drive.

Oh, and once a Wars fleet engages a Trek fleet, they are COMMITED. They can't escape because the Warp Fields from Trek ships would fuck with their navi computers... which are apparently STUPID enough to allow the ship to run into a moon.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Also, you just ADMITED that the loss of the sensor array took out the Executioners shields... wtf? Why the FUCK would they be on even the same power grid... that's like my toilet flushing causing my doorbell to ring... it makes no sense!

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1.Q would only care if the subjects are humans or other potentially Q-like race in early stages of evolution.
    2.i think they adapt to new frequencies wile maintaing the previous imunity, thus after a time you end up shooting blanks. the less modulations your weapon is capable of the sooner they adapt to it.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, modern starship shields can cover broad ranges of the EM spectrum. The Shields of the Ent-E are IMMUNE (100%) to almost 35% of the EM spectrum...

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

where did you get that info from?

20. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

For starters, yes i will admit that the empire can theoretically see the subspace tunnel from the transwarp conduit. But considering the fact that the sheer speed of the cube moving through the conduit there aint much they can do except raise shields. Also warp ten is infinitely fast, there is no such thing as infinite plus one. infinitely fast is as fast as you can go period. Also the conduits to my knowledge were usually used to send the cubes somewhere. After that the cubes would use warp 9+ engines which are still faster than the empire. So yeah they do not usually use infinitely fast speed, they use it for deploying and retrieving cubes. Yet Scott that is all you need.

So the fact of the matter is scott, that the cube can travel distances so quickly at warp ten that the next best thing would take 70+ years to travel. And the empire doesnt even have that.

Also lets remember the fact that SW hyperdrives cannot operate too close to a very massive object, say a moon, a planet, or a 1km long cube.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Advanced Starship Design Beaureu - They compile data from movies, shows, and other such cannon sources. The Ent-E's shield grid is all but immune to a nice portion of the EM spectrum.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

TransWarp is NOT warp ten mate... it's a whole different warp scale.

Quantum Slipstream is nearly warp 10...

But at Warp 10... you occupy EVERY space in the universe at once.

That'd... suck... teribly.

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Warp really sucks. ships can go 9+warp but warp10 you occupy every space at once???
    then again Quantum Slipstream is near warp10 ????
    transwarp is not warp 10
    scott said some ships can go warp12+ ?????????
    This is ridiculous.
    well is spaceballs they have ludicrous speed lmao.

can some please tell me the difference between
    a. warp9+
    b. transwarp not warp 10
    c. quantum slipstream not warp 10.
    sounds alle just fancy names for pretending to go allmost warp 10

So logically u can't go faster then warp 10 then. howmany lightyears is warp 9,9 then.
    I know it is enormously fast but would like to know a figure pls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.