Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwell Xii Registered Member

(or even
    the gould and wriath v/s the federation and mirror empire?!)

of course the wraith could wipe the floor with the gould, federation, and the mirror empire!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Maxwell Xii Registered Member

their vessel may be slower but they wiped the anchients a**es

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Maxwell... what the fuck...

Okay, 1)

Federation would rock ANYTHING from StarGate... for three reasons:

1) Better shields
    2) Better Weapons
    3) No need for ZPM's

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Maxwell Xii Registered Member

the anchients could kick any ones a**es if they wanted to!
    the ori would kick their but any day

8. Maxwell Xii Registered Member

my ships could wipe the floor with anything you throw at them.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:argue:

9. Maxwell Xii Registered Member

see!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  10. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

If a clash were to take place in the 30th century then all prescience would mean is that Dune knows what needs to be done to counter the threat. Temporal shielding wouldn't matter because it their present that is being effected and not their past.

The perfect counter would be to infiltrate the federation and run it as an extension of the Dune universe. According to ST canon we are left with a lot of open ends as to what the political atmosphere is in the 30th century and who is pulling the strings... all we have is that the fed. exists. The nature of their existence is open to interpretation.

11. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

Take this into consideration:
    An Honored Matre seduces your ship's captain and sexually binds him/her to her. Your ship is now under the command of the Dune universe.:shake:

12. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

I'd like to point out that firepower is NOT everything. So many people here are throwing stats at each other as if numbers determine the outcome. You have to take into account other variables. Such as espionage, politics, resources, economics, and so on.

Lets make this an interesting debate instead of ranting on and on over who has better tech and weaponry.

The best war is one where a shot is not even fired and the enemy doesn't even realize the have been taken over.

For you warsies out there I'd say that Palpatine would admire such a feat.

I contend that the Dune universe would be victor not through force but through subversion. After all, we are determining who would come out in control of the other universe if they encountered one another.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That's... because they don't exist... I can make a ship too:

USS enterprise X

Size - 9km long, 3km wide
    Weapons - Quantum Singularity Drivers, Genesis Device Torpedoes
    Special Abilities - Invulnerable, Invincible, power supply is a thousand captured Q

See?

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Thing is, Dune would be found out very quickly due to minute differences in their genetic structure.... that and I doubt Dune could effectively combat the 30th century federation... soon as the incursion took place, a ship goes back in time, warns the federation, and they take preventive measures.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Only problem is that there are a number of ways Dune could falter... if even ONE of their operatives were found out, the entire Federation would go on high alert, multiple screenings would be run, and the others would be found. It might take time, but they would be found. Especially when you have telepathic creatures, psionic creatures, and androids immune to telepathic powers.

16. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

There aren't "operatives". The Dune universe would vie for peace and then take control through diplomacy and politics.

And to the earlier point about the 30th century warning the past... what is there to warn. I was saying that the canon representation of the UFP is not known completely. There leaves a lot open for, say, a political take over. The truth is that we don't know who is in control of the UFP only that the UFP exists possibly as only a namesake.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Not really true - we know the UFP exists wholly as it's same entitiy due to three facts:

1) Their guiding principals remain the same, including the prime directives.
    2) An attempt like this has already happened (Nemesis explained it well) - the Romulan Tal Shier can clone Federation members and, removing the originals, plant the clones in their place. The clones, of course, are 100% dedicated to the Romulan Empire.
    3) If something like this was going to happen, it would have already. There are many races in Trek that are subversive and diplomatic. Fact of the matter is, the Federation is the reigning diplomatic power for a reason.

18. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Holy...

All hail the Enterprise-X ! :worship:

19. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Heh, The USS Make-Shit-Up

which... incidentally is a terrific song by Goth Rock artist Voltaire, i Highly recommend checking it out. http://www.last.fm/music/Voltaire/_/The U.S.S. Make Shit Up

20. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

1. The guiding principals may be the same... that doesn't mean that Dune isn't in power. The principals would be used to gain the influence. After all, the US uses the principals of freedom and democracy to be a modern empire... what's the difference?

2. The Romulans are adept at intrigue and subversion but they lack the mastery of the Dune universe.

3. The Vulcans are quite adept... in fact, if they weren't such a benevolent race they would control the UFP... they actually have a lot of influence in diplomatic situations in spite of their benevolence. Also, you have to take into account the economics of spice trade becoming prevalent. There, of course, creates a dependency on the Dune faction.

Question, does ST have any race that creates religions specifically to influence people on a galactic scale? I just don't think the ST universe would be able to deal with the diplomatic mastery of the Dune universe.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

There is no real mention of Religion at all in Star Trek - it is pretty much something that's left to each person. There are major religions, but they are mostly cultural things (like Klingons and Sto'vokar)

Spice Trade wouldn't work - they'd simply replicate it and take control of the Dune Universe by exporting huge quantities of it.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Lol, this is my response to people making shit up and pissing me off

23. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.