Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Excuse me. Galaxy Gun's projectiles is no sub-light, it is hyperspace projectile, same for the Sun Crusher. Centerpoint's full power is what I am talking about.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

eh, Soren's rocket reached the star in few secons as Worf himself predicted. how can a "sub-light" engine drive reach in few seconds that the light would need several minutes (depending on the star size and orbital distance)???

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

hmm might be so might not. the reliant transported the Genesis device from the other side of the Regula planetoid and it was imbeded deep inside. the transporters on the Regula station and the Enterprise were fully functional besides the constant jamming from Khan.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

And it elimiated the Galactic Alliance's main fleets, a large portion of the Commenor and Corellian fleets. I am talking about tens of thousands of capital ships, and hundreds of thousands of smaller ships.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Still slower then a hyperspace projectile.

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I never seen the Federation transport something thats in warp. If they can't transport something thats in warp, don't even talk about transporting hyperspace capable projectiles.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

allthough i agree with your statements on FC i am noot sure about Endgame. the cube in FC might not have used the transwarp hub or might have droped out further away. but still TransWarp apears detectable by UFP standards of teh post TNG era.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Star Wars can't detect ships in hyperspace is because it is another dimention.

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. not really. several torpedo blasts apear to kick the guts out of some preatty big rocks and low level phasers drill several hundred meters in radius spheres of granite per second.
    2.nope. remember the experiment with the egg? ST neutronium might be "odd" but it definitly origins from a neutron star, not some mining facility.
    3.now you kae sence. but much impregnated? and since it's not likely the same material even this might be pointless.
    4.true. there was no buckling. both the asteroid and the tower turned to dust. something bust have gone teribly wrong on that ISD2.

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

hah! his opservations are no better then one's of a clumsy child

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i'm sure he has seen high altidude blasts (i know i have) and probably a supernova or two. those TL shots are not nearly as to what he represents them to be.

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

the way i see it it's a giant crane. sure it can be used ofensively but it's not very impressive beyond mooving stuff. you still need a relatively static and predictable target.

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

huh? to who's post do you reply with this?

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

galaxy gun fires planet devastaing missiles and has nothing to do with this. i was talking about Soren's star destrooying weapon. TWS thought it was sub light just as teh suncrusher's torpedo is but larger and easier to target.

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

how about the Suliban's or Borg raiding parties ?

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i think they can. they always know when a fleet is about to exit from hyperspace. it might be just a few minutes or several seconds before it does (thus too late to take action) bit they DO know.

19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Yours. At least I think its yours.

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Well not the percise coordinates, but close.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1.A Seismic Charge destroyed around 20 astroids, and it is the size of a grenade. Come on, a 2 meter weapon vs a hand held weapon.
    2. As far as I can remember neutonium is metallic. So they can take care of it by using the Metallic-Crystal Phase Shifter, it doesn't care how though it is as long as it is metallic it can turn it into tin foil or powder
    3. I gotta agree on this one. Neither way, I can't escape the Metallic-Crystal Phase Shrifter
    4. Well, the movie doesn't always goes by the script. For example Mace Windu's lightsaber supposed to be either blue or green, but Samuel Jackson asked jokingly for it to be purple.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well, considering Janeway said it would shave YEARS off the Journey...

Going from YEARS to HOURS is a huge jump... no imagine going from HOURS to SECONDS.

See where I'm going with this...?

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Childrend are not stupid. We just have not as much as education and experience thats all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.