Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Skywalker - Centerpoint destroys a single system, yay for it.

Supernova destroys a 10-14 parsec area of space...

VOYAGER took a SUPERNOVA to the face and didn't FLINCH!

Thus, logic dictates, Voyager could easily survive Centerpoint.

I dismiss Centerpoint as a childrens toy in Trek speak...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

as much as iknow they dpn't have a map if the galaxy because they have not explored it entirely. during the days of early TNG they had explored some 10-15% of the galaxy, probably with heavy use of sub-space telescopes. unlike the republic that existed for thousands, more likely tens of thousands of years, FTL capable Earth and UFP has been around for only 2-3 centuries. hardly enough time to explore the entire galaxy. especialy when surounded by hostile neighbours (they were originaly at war with the Klingons, Romulans and the Cardasians).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Incorrect. The United Federation of Planets does indeed have a map of itself (an example of it is used in the Stellar Cartography room accessed in Star Trek Generations). That was the answer to Skywalkerjedi's question.

With respect to the Trek galaxy...the UFP might not have explored its entirety, however the Alpha and Beta quadrants are by and large mapped and documented. The Gamma and Delta quadrants are partially mapped largely thru the efforts of Sisko and Janeway's people respectively.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

not exactly well explored. the eposide"Encounter at Farpoint" is locate at Deneb "beyond weach lies a great unexplored region of the galaxy" is well inside the Alpha Quadrant. so even the Apha quadrant is not explored properly. it is my guess that after each peace treaty the major powers draw their borders in the way that thier "oficial" theritory encompases large unexplored areas. this would explain why they are never far from home and still exploring the unknown.

8. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Whether or not you define the quadrants as well explored, the UFP has a detailed map of itself (i.e. UFP planets, the Klingon Empire, distances, anomalies, appropriate shift factors etc). It was incorrect to assert that the Federation has no map.

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i belive my wording was map of the galaxy- galactic map

10. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I just read the rest of the discussion regarding this "map". Like I said, the UFP indeed has a detailed map of itself and maps of the known/explored galaxy.

Further, as Kitt said, unexplored regions are no worries since their sensors capture necessary data for Stellar Cartography or the equivalent starship section. Map generation is an evolutionary career in the UFP, esp considering galatic shifts, random anomalies etc.

And as I've stated, the Stellar Cartography facility indicates mapping technology is available to the UFP. Missing portions of a map does not indicate the absence of the map or the discipline altogether.

11. Cody Registered Member

Which Episode?

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

We will get another G-Canon resource in Augest 15th. Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie is comming out

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. Epidsode 1-3 are canon so is Expaned Universe. George Lucas have to approve it to be EU. George Lucas created Star Wars, and he is the president of Lucasfilm so if he approved it, it is canon

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Nope, you wanted to play like this so I will play like this. Pluto was a planet before 2006, there are moons bigger then it, and Voyager is made before 2006

. And a small Pluto will be very very small.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1) Centerpoint can just move a random star, so it will have more power then befor

2) Then there will be no point of this discussion, someone have to know where Milky Way is
    3) They have plenty of this to trade, let me see........... a map of Rishi Maze perhapes.
    4) So the Federation won't trade with hyperspace capable ships? or armed ships ? No, no I never said they will use a Star Destroyer to go trade, the Millienium Falcon will do fine
    5) I bet the Federation will want a map of another galaxy ( Republic will give the Federation a map of Rishi Maze )
    6) A map for a map, even trade

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I mean 60 shots, do you know how fast they fire?
    Death Star destroy planets with one shot on planets with shields. Eclipse have superstrong shields. And Eclipse' Superlaser will just destroy any ships comming it's way, so you ddon't want to get too close to it.

16. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Because they don't know EU

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

No, not suprised at all. Infact Star Wars have a very acuate star chart of it's galaxy. It is a hologram.

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Yes, yes. Voyager have a Q aborde when it took a supernova. Yeah, the Q didn't help at all ( I am being sarcastic ). Infact a superweapon is Star Wars can do it, the Sun Crusher.

19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Republic have been at alot of wars. Here is a list :
    The Republic was almost destroyed. That is alot of wars being fought, and the Republic surrived.
    ( My list only have MAJOR conflicts )

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Star Wars even have it's satillite galaxies mapped.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1. I know, but do you know what many Stromtroopers are in the Stormtrooper Corps ?
    2. He is right, it is just his part of Star Wars end in Anakin's death
    3. Let me find some examples : Ozzle, Piett ( before his command of the SSD ), Thrawn, and almost every Admiral. The Captains on the Star Destroyers are diffrently trained, even Baron Fel didn't command a Star Destroyer
    4. All the Chancellers were Jedi before Seventh Battle of Ruusan, and the Jeid have a important place in the Senate. There is still Jedi Chancellers after Ruusan, but not as much
    5. It can create a artifical gravity well to drain apon, or they just move the planet right beside the Centerpoint
    6. If you give me the name of the country yes. I am in United States now, and if you give me the name of the country I bet a random person on the street can find it
    7. I agree, civilian more then Military, but Centerpoint have an advantage, it can target a big fleet and thousands of ships are gone
    8. Sun Crusher can make a supernova no problem ( 1 shot ) and it is the size of a starfighter

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

DUDE! George Lucas is NOT the one in charge! Lucas Films is nothing without the say so of the ORIGINAL WRITER of the 9 books!

Yes, read and weep - Lucas is NOTHING.

That surprised the hell out of me to find out, but he's not the guy in charge.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uh, no, fuck you good day.

They said small planet... PLUTO was a Tiny planet.

Small refers to, you know, Mercury sized and up.

And do you know how much energy it'd take to blow up even pluto?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.