Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I can play it like that. So this becomes vaild :
    " Sir, they just entered hyperspace. "
    " They must be on the other side of ther galaxy by now! "
    - Admiral Moitt.

Acording to that they can go acorss the galaxy in 1 second in hyperspace. Anyways, The definition of planetoid from Wikipedia
    And Voyager is made before 2006, so it also means an astroid.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Here is more proof. The Celestrials built Centerpoint Station, they used it to creat Corellia System.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1) It get out of the barrier through Vector Prime, soon as it got out it is fine. For example you are in a dark room with a door that leads outside and you want to go back to your house, will you think " I shouldn't get out of that door because that door don't point at the direction of my house. " or " I will get out of the room first, then go to the road leading to my house. ". The second one is apprently more logical, but you are thinking like the first example. So they get out of the barrier then travel to Milky Way.
    2) They won't need cloak, they just pretent it is a refugee ship or a trade ship trading a map for some Bacta
    3) I ment a small shuttle or a big freighter to pretent it is a refugee shuttle or a trade vessle
    4) UFP is always willing to help and trade, so they will trade Bacta for a map
    5) They just trade stuff for a map thats all

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

It is not strange, I am trying to proof a stromtrooper = a lietenant TIE Pilot. I do know the US Armed Forces' ranks.

Yes acording to Lucas. Never in the script did it say " He will destroy the dark side ", it said " He will bring balance to the Force "

Palpatine is a Sith, they can mind control people. I suspect he mind controled the Senators.

Yes I do, it will destroy it.

Imperials have diffrent command structer due to it's large size. Captains rarely get to command Star Destroyers, it is usally Admirals.

I said I am sorry. It won't lose a power source if it have a power source waiting for it.

If the Federation dare bring in their superweapons, so will the Republic. It will bring in the Centerpoint, Star Forge and Superlasers. I belive the Republic won't use their superweapons for no reason.

The Republic ships will pretent to be normal trade ships and trade stuff for a map.

8. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. so? this was in the movie ESB too. why is it strange?

2.you forgot to say an asteroid that has acheaved a hydrostatic equilibrium, thus at least several hundred kilometers in diameter.

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

and this is proof of what?

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. and will they move the station?
    2+3. so it's that easy huh? wonder why they invented starfleet security and section 31?
    4. no problem. since they don't have any they just give them falce data
    5. even more so

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. aperantly you don't know any command structure at all.
    2.he said there is no story past RotJ, the darksside is destroyed/defeated.
    3.no they were bribed
    4.define destroyed-again
    5.hahahahahahahahahhaahahahaa!!!!!! "aplogy accepted Captain Neda" "You have failed me for the last time, Admiral. Captain Piett...Yes, my lord? Make ready to land our troops beyond their energy field, and deploy the fleet, so that nothing gets off the system.
    [beside Piett, Admiral Ozzel utters one last strangled gasp, and falls over dead] You are in command now, Admiral Piett. " you might want to reconsider your view point kid

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6.well i have food and water here in southern Europe and there is planty of food on Madagaskar. can i cross Sahara?
    7.do yuo listen to yourslef? you allready brought in your superweapons. this is the responce.
    8.again there is no map.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I am saying that Hyperdrive can go acorss the galaxy in a second. Anyways 100 KM is not a very big deal to Star Wars. A few well placed Quad Turbolasers blast can destroy it no problem.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Kittamaru don't believe that Centerpoint made Corellian System.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Why doesn't the Federation even have a map? They must me very unwise of them. Republic will just need what the Federation have. Then Republic just give the Federation a small quantity of Bacta.

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1. I do know the structure of United States Armed Forces
    2. Yet he also said he is only in charge of the movies and his story is only one of the stories about the Star Wars galaxy
    3. I said rarely, not never. If there is an Admiral on the ship ( which is usally ) then the Admiral is in command
    4 Some were bribed, some were afride and the rest were mind controlled. Loyalist Party is only a small fraction. If there is no Order 66, Palpatine would of never been Emporer because of the Jedi
    6. What do you mean?
    7. I am willing to take them back
    8. The Republic will only need what the Federation have.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1.then you do know that for every lieutenat there are at least 40 grunts right?
    2.so Lucas is wrong?
    3.rarely? on all the ships except the SSD all commanding oficers were captans and you call that rarely. had you any common sence or knowlidge you'd know that admirals are incharge of fleet operations.
    4.the jedi are not senators. we were discussing the senat. actually Palpatine's grip over the senat was strong even in PM.
    6.i mean they can't move the blody thing unless its powered!!!
    7.it's not a question of bringing them in or out. the fact is both sides have them and using them in battle would most likely harm the civilians more than the military.
    8. well not quite. i'll give you the map of my country. can you find me by using it? it's a rather small country. if you had no knowlidge of European geography or wordl map yourself, there was no way you could.

P.S. to help you out on the level of destruction a super nova would cause: EVERYTHING in the system (and if you are not lucky even the neighbouring systems) gets turned into gas and spread out across several hundreds light years. some scientific estemates claim that even a 10 parsecs (32.6 ly) distance from the supernova is a very dangerous place to be.

17. Cody Registered Member

So, what did I miss?

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If you REALLY want to get Technical... Episode 1-3 are non cannon...

There are NINE books total - they are the ORIGINAL Star Wars before Lucas even came along. Those are TRUE CANON and nothing can ever override them.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm... only two problems.

They said small PLANET, not Planetoid...

AND

In Wars, they are prone to serious exageration... in Trek, especially when talking about combat capability, they generally DONT do that...

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

1) Fine, Centerpoint is out, but now has no POWER as the planets did not come with it...
    1.5) They don't know where the Milky Way IS
    2) Uh, no. That won't work... sorry. Federation sensors are a bit too advanced for that. That and why would they need Bacta? They can heal wounds far more effectively than Bacta... though Bacta works on SLIGHTLY more damaging wounds... Borg Nanites, though, are even MORE effective.
    3) Again, wouldn't work... sensors would pick up weapons emplacements, hyperdrive, etc...
    4) No, they don't need bacta...
    5) Again, what do they have to Trade...

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm... Several Hundred KM is NOT 100Km...

it's... you know... 300+ km...

And no, Quad Turbolasers cannot destroy a 100km radius asteroid... or else the DS would go up like a roman candle... hell, the Eclipse 2 wasn't even 20km... and quad turbolasers couldn't touch it...

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I never said that... I said it couldn't do most of the bullshit you say it can. Hell, all my friends (who like Star Wars far better than Star Trek) say you are a grade A retard for the crap you have posted... sorry, but you just fail at arguing... you base points on... no basis... period.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

They dont' need a map... they can generally, you know, scan the area where they wish to go... and get there quick. It's rather hard to "map" 3D space... especially when objects are... you know... MOVING!

Yes, surprising to learn that things in space dont's it still, isn't it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.