Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

OH, that Anakin. The whiney one that became Vader. Aight, thought you meant Luke/Mara's son

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And your point is what...?
    See, Starfleet is sufficiently advanced that they don't NEED exterior parties keeping it in line... it can do it itself.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm, no. A comissioned OFFICER knows the firepower of any ship in the fleet he MIGHT EVER serve on!

Now, if he was a random peon stormtrooper, fine, he wouldn't know squat. But he was a lieutennant!

Or are all Star Wars officers 100% inept?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You're dreaming again, provide proof you git.

We have proven, with MATH for fucks sake, time and again that the ventral array of a Galaxy class ship is around 40 times as powerful as the best weapon on an ISD.

That does NOT BODE WELL for you...

Considering a Galaxy class would not even worry the defenses of Earth... yeah.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, because if I'm wrong, he can prove it. If I'm right, he knows when to concede. If it's undecided, he provides PROOF instead of saying the same thing over and over again. YOU are a BROKEN RECORD. You keep saying Centerpoint This and Centerpoint That... SHOW THE DAMN EVIDENCE OR CENTERPOINT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A GALACTIC SMUDGE ON MY CAMERA LENS!

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Wormholes, Quantum Slipstream, Transwarp

And in one of the movies, they did pass thru the "great barrier", but I think that was around the Sol system itself.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Warp is old mate...

Transwarp
    Quantum Slipstream

or, better still, Temporal Travel

We'll just go thru time and take Centerpoint while it was under construction.

Happy? Now WE own Centerpoint, will take it apart piece by piece and, thanks to Replicator technology, will make dozens of them powered by M/AM reactors and use them to OBLITERATE you.

Like my crazy claims? Cept mine isn't so crazy.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yeah they did - 8472.

That crazy species doesn't need a huge fucking station - 8 battleships + a frigate = by by planet, star, large celestial bodies.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So that puts a Quad laser at about .05 times as powerful as a Type 10 phaser array.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

The Grand Army of the Republic is controled by the Galactic Senate, so they take orders from the senate. In other words GAR=Galactic Senate.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Lieutennant is a very low rank in the Imperial Navy. It is the same rank as a radom stromtrooper.

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

ISD Weapons are more then a million times less effective then Centerpoint Station.

16. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Read Legacy of the Force : Fury. It said it in the book. I provided proof, you ignored it.

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

It looks like you don't know who build Centerpoint Station. It is a acienct extra-galactic race ( Celestrials )that is alot more technologicaly advanced in 1,000,000 BBY then the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances in 130 ABY. They probably when back to their galaxy after the construction of Corellia System. The Federation have to face the Celestrials and the Raktans at the same time, that means the Star Forge. Also Star Wars have temporal shields that stop them from time travling while in Hyperspace, so the Celestrials can turn off that shield then go to the Galactic Empire for help.

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

It's not huge the real part neeeded is Hollowtown which is only 10 KM in diameter, the rest is the base. 8472 don't have weapons as effective as Centerpoint Station, it can't completely destroy a system in a second.

19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Wait a minut! Where did you get that scipt?

20. Saquist Banned Banned

I don't know if that's canon. If it were the Vong would have used Darkspace

Dosent' seem like that would make any difference.

Why would a hyperspace weapon be useful at this task if the disturbance disrupts hyperspace. Do you haave any evidence to support your claim?

Yes, it was Kittamaru

That would be appareciated.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Never mind that, I found it myself.

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Darkspace need Dovin Bassles and it need gravity. It said on the wookieepedia that it is a hole

The barrier is not that long, once they clear it, they go to hyperspace.
    That is a guess. Anyways, they have three options :
    1. Move the Centerpoint beyound the barrier
    2. Fire it using the hole ( Vector Prime )
    3. Use Star Forge to build a supermassive armda for an invasion instead of using Centerpoint ( I've realized that the overuse of Centerpoint make Star Wars look like cowards )

Sorry, I was mistaken.

I would be happy to do so.
    Both from Wookiepedia.

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Luke's son is Ben Skywalker. Did you mean Leia's son Anakin Solo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.