Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, he isn't. He just ceases to exist.

He didn't die... even his spirit is wiped with the buffer.

You can't try to say a transporter doesn't move your spiritual being as well... or else Star Trek would have a LOT of spiritless, mindless, zombies...

as they don't, the spirit goes with.

Thus, your spirit is also lost when the buffer is wiped.

Right?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm, your points aren't valid mate... for these reasons:

1) I don't care about pulling ships OUT of hyperspace... what I'm talking about is stopping them from ENTERING hyperspace. A Trek tractor could do that with incredible ease.

2) Call in a dozen more ISD's if you wish - a Galaxy class is not likely to be on it's own. Even if it were, the recent upgrades thanks to the Dominion War would likely mean that, witholding weapons fire, a Galaxy class could effectively "turtle" inside it's shield bubble and wait for reinforcements.

Then again, given the power outputs we've gone over a dozen times, a few photon torpedoes to the bridge and each ISD is dead in the water...

3) I don't care if it's not on at all... when they DO turn it on to full power, every piece of space debris, dust, and even other large starships would get sucked into them. As that doesn't happen, obviously the gravity well is not THAT strong. It may not even BE a gravity well - I've heard it's a simple mass shadow... that it's not even real, just fools the hyperspace sensors!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay, prove to me that the suit weakened him... that is NEVER mentioned at all. In fact, if anything, it should HELP him as it's supposed to be an "advanced biogenic suit" capable of total life support, right?

Or are you saying that makes him weaker... as Vaders suit was, arguably, far better than ANY stormtroopers suit, that would explain the sheer patheticness of most stormtroopers...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm, a black hole sure as hell could suck in a system in a second IF the system came in contact with it... however, as most black holes are rather isolated due to the, rather, extreme circumstances to their creation... you know>

And did the Falcon fly INTO the EVENT HORIZON and survive? I do not think so... plus it is HARDLY a light freighter anymore... Han has some weird shit on that boat.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, they didn't. Either that or the Falcon was a more powerful ship than the ship trying to tractor it.

Look, in the MOVIES we have proof of the Falcon not being able to escape a tractor beam once caught in it... that overrides your book anyway. I was simply trying to make sense out of WHY they would say it could escape - either it didn't catch the falcon 100%, or there was something seriously wrong, or, as with most EU, it's simple fanboy wank that goes against the movies.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, they WON'T. This is NOT the Imperial Guard or any of those idiots on the Star Wars side... Trek has a specific set of regulations they MUST follow when dealing with an unknown species!

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

PLEASE use some logic man... what you are claiming is, physically, impossible!

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Pick a design - Trek vs Wars total war (all Trek vs all Wars) or Trek vs Wars alliances (each side acting as it truly would based on the movies)

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Wrong, he become oen with the Force.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

1) The ISD will just give the shields some heavy pounding before their reinforcments arrive. Star Wars will likely use their Hyperdrive as their advantage and prey on fleets thats too far from the nearest reinforcments
    2) Their shields can take photon tropedos with ease
    3) They rarly put it on full power. It is a gravity well stronger then the sun ( at full power ). Thats what they do the suck larger starships.

15. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

What's your proof of this!?!

16. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

He can't use most lightsaber combat technics, and he is slow.

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Proof to me that they can't?

18. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

SkywalkerJedi,
    Please stick your Brood Wars disc back in your CD drive and go play some StarCraft. This is it, the entire concept right here, right now:

ALL Protoss units have shields. ALL Protoss shields regenerate. ALL Protoss buildings, ships, machines, and yes, INFANTRY have regenerating shields. It does not matter how SLOW you think it is. They regenerate. Ergo, they come back. That's it. That's the WHOLE mechanic that is in the game. There are no single exceptions.

[Renrue]

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Han and Lando, not just Han. Errant Venture can do it too.

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

The shields regenerates too slow. I leave by Brood Wars CD in my CD Drive. Protoss still don't die.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

You win. I will go with that is not a lock on.

22. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

You constantly say this, but you never offer any proof.

The federation is a peaceful society with the purpose to explore, to seek out...

Why wouldn't they want to side with them?

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I will go with that this time ( that is entill I find something else ) Mine is in black, kittamaru's is in red.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.