Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Are you stupid Scott...

We have Jedi here trying to use previously destroyed / unusable tech in this... so can we.

If you guys get those "super weapons" that were destroyed, we get the Genesis Device, Dyson Sphere, and Doomsday Devices...

And given what we know... the Genesis Device alone would more then ensure victory...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

in red

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

1) Again, centerpoint...useless against moving objects... useless period... not really canon... et al

2) Give some explanation as to how it destroys shields... how do you destroy energy? That's not physically possible...

3) Prove that a Phase Shifter would work against Multi-Phasic shielding... which is pretty much standard on most Federation vessels post-nemesis.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I fixed that statement up for you Scotto.

8. Saquist Banned Banned

Guys...

Concussion Missles...on Screen Millenium Falcon

Check it out...

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...iles&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS246US246&sa=N

So since these weapons were used to destroy the second Death Star then they are not merely harrasment fire Skywalker Jedi. Sorry this one is sealed.
    G-Canon is absolute and all that.

9. Saquist Banned Banned

Well maybe him but not an objective Trek Fan.
    If Star Wars could get a hold of accurate Milky Way Star Charts:
    If Star Wars Heavy weapon were just half or equal to to Federation phaser tech:
    IF Star Wars from the Golden Age of Palpatine pulled just 12% of the heavy ISD level ships (3,000)

And attack Earth Vulcan DS9 Mars, Memory Alpha an other important locations simultaneously, Hyperdrive would essentially win the War before it began. The only Concern is the Defense Platforms such as the Orbital City and the Mars Defense Platforms which would allow the Federation Fleet to arrive.

(That's if the position survived for up to three days of attack and retalliation.)
    I have no doubt the GFFA forces would lose many ships to Star base level weapons like DS9.

However...capturing Planets would be Childs Play as opposed to dismantling the Federation Fleet. That's when the real work begins. The Empire would have to create desperate situations that would lure individual ships into ambush.

The Federation Fleet as a whole would clean up a Fleet of 3,000 Star Destroyers...And Once Star Fleet analizes the situation and uses cloaked mines on the remain installation and they begin "base camping" strategies the Imperial Fleet would be forced to commit large resources to taking out Fleet embolden Installations or to track Star Fleet at all at warp.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

hehehe, the rest of the ships should detect the diference if gravity distortion proportional to the mass diference.

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

ahem, "burn" the cloak???? do you even know how the cloaks work in ST?

12. Saquist Banned Banned

By the way...These Generator are just about as soft as cupcakes...
    The strike was weak.
    Even the initital chain recation was weak.
    REALLY...Who puts the Genarators at end of Fighter Bay...
    That's Star Wars for you...Follow the Death Star Trench to the EASY BUTTON and Press and Hold till combustion...

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. please do read my post, eh. i said thermonuclear bombs are fission-fusion-fission based. thermonuclear reactions however refer to fusion reactions. how is this a problem?
    2.partialy true, we are able to produce fusion "flashes". but true, they are not of much use yet.
    3.we see the torpedo bay hit directly in STWoK and they did not detonate. either they have a way of stabilizing the am or the are only injecting it during launching. any way we neveer see them detonate by accidents so its largely irelevant.

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i'm proud of my celibacy, i'm a jedi

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Saquist Banned Banned

The tech manuels confirm that the Antimatter is injected into a toredo before lauch and not before. Torpedos are not loaded on ships armed. That would be foolish.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

well depending on the analitist

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

firepower, shielding, sensors are a ST (ufp) advantage, numbers and FTL are a SW (empire) advantage. in tactics and strategy they both suck big time. SW advantage should be enough to win against ST and ST advantage should be enough to help them hold out till the Empireee colapses.

on the numbers of Dune fleets, i think they are often underestimated. even back in the original Dune, the Atreides alone had thousands of fregates (largest ships that could land on a planet) that could transfer all of their planetary property and Leto himself said that this entire fleet would take up an insignifcant part of a highliner, obviously designed to be able to transfer far larger fleets. if only 20000 ships could be transported in one highliner and there are only 10 highliners that gives them a capaicty to carry 200000 ships. it should be noted that frigates are aperantly used as both military and transport vessels and the Atreides were not the most powerfull of the great houses in the landsrad. if these numbers were valid during Paul's times, then their numbers would increse rapidly after the scattering.

17. Saquist Banned Banned

Yes it does explain the unexplain but that doesn't elevate it to G canon right?
    And is Gold Squadron part of the Rebel Fleet...Of course.

We know General Calrission led the Fighter Attack.

Essentially you're saying that Ackbar's command was directed to Calrission and that Yes, it was fighters that brought down the Executor and not the Captial ships.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay, so EXCLUDING the obvious torpedo scene... I was discounting that considering the, you know, exceptionally pathetic circumstances that resulted in the torpedoes end result...

That damned exhaust port... heh... what a joke XD

Other than that, Though, in the original 3 movies, I don't remember a single torpedo or missile being used...

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

BTW - the all powerful Proton Torpedo is a mere NUCLEAR weapon... they may pose a threat to older Constitution class ships... that are unshielded... and are right beside them... sitting still...

(TOS reference anyone?)

But in the Post-TNG era, they wouldn't harm a Fed Starship at all... let alone, say, a Romulan D'Deredrix class...

20. Saquist Banned Banned

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I saw that... when is that? I thought that WAS during the DS "Pipe Run"

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

to Skywalker, i don't know of what relevance this is but there were no tie-defenders in RotJ, there were mostly intereptors anf fighters. no bombers either. actually in all the movies there were no defenders at all.

23. Saquist Banned Banned

Actually Return of the Jedi in side the reactor when the Falcon targets the main points and wedge takes out the North Tower...

Which was surprisingly easy to do...

Think about. The Death Star II was created with a passage way from the Surface to the core large enough for a medium size Freighter to make it to the center at near full speed...

Then instead of the Core being surrounded by armor or shields they give a wonderfully spacious empty cavern for and Entire Fleet to roam around (Lets avoid the fact that the Death Star at that size should colapse in on it'self because of that massive cavern) and then then it takes but a few shots to take it out.

There were no weapon systems on the inside to stop the rebels and this time they didn't even have plans for the second design.
    They really pushed the easy button on this one.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.