Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Fine, you want to take that stance Then nothing past season 6 of TNG is Star Trek is canon either. After all you are being pissy enough to claim that creators quotes (however out of context they are) trumps the companies stance. So you are stuck with Roddenberry's remarks.

If you want a full list of the ramifications I could gladly give them to you.

However if you examine what he said, he said his part of this story is the movies, however there are other parts of the story he was not meant to tell. But fine you want to go by creators words and pet projects....that's great. Still means 12.5 gigaton turbolasers as Lucas himself approved Dr. Saxctons numbers. But then ST losses Species 8472, the Borgs ability to assimilate through nanoprobes, Q being anything other than a jerk who likes to toy with the humans, the Dominion.....all of that would be gone from ST. You'd be stuck with vessels that have to be detonated to produce a 100 megaton level effect.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

And Roddenberry is dead, deal with it. Too can play that game, so it is Star Wars G-canon vs Roddenberry's Star Trek. Its your choice

And acording to my qoutes, he isn't in charge of Star Wars, he is only in charge of the movies. Well if you want to play creator's world, Star Trek lose alot. And George Lucas came up with the idea of Yuuzhan Vongs.

I did a bit of improvment.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kittamaru

If you want to play Creator's world, fine. You lose Q, Borg's Nanaprobe assimulation and Species 8472.

First Eclips fires to wipe out all life. Then they land to rip Earth into little bits.

Remember you want to play creator's world, so that is not included.
    Remember my qoute? You have short term memory or you can't read. It says that his story is only one of the stories about the Star Wars universe. If you want to play like that, fine I will bring in Sith Alchemy and you don't want that at all. I have never seen Q wipe out life directly by snaping his fingers ( I mena directly, not through Supernovas ). If you want to play hard, I will bring in all Force Abilities and all of EU.

Idiot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Yes as canon, they licienced it to be a part of canon Star Wars.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

It destroyed a Vong worldship with one shot, and Corran Horn accidently let slip the secret of Errant Venture's firepower, he said that it can take down 2 victory-class combined with little effort. He didn't exaggerate because it would get his father-in-law in trouble with the New Republic, he just accidently let the secret slip.

With Concussion missiles and captial ship support.
    They needed the weapons because they have to fight ISDs, and TIE/in won't do much damage, so they don't need even medium Turbolasers. The trouble about TIE Defenders, TIE Bombers and TIE Interceptors, is because of the concussion missiles.

They got pissed off, because they got owned by EU.

They know perfectly that TW Scott and me will not give up to yelling.

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Right now, you look like the one that is being a retard. We dealt with the EU matter before and Star Wars won, and you just keep yelling the same stuff. And you have very little knowledge about what I am talking about then you just imagine what they work, but when I tell you, you just ignore it. When ever somebody comes up with something that Star Trek can't handle, you says it is bullshit. What you said about Centerpoint is crap.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

where when?

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

it's even more dificult. in both SW and ST we have vague idea of their firepower. in Dune we don't. we can't even begin to estemate how many fregates or monitors would take to match oposing number of SW or ST ships.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

they discovered the gravity signiture of Kamino from Coruscant, and it have been erased from the achive.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

hey i have the Clone Wars on disk. there is no mention of any neutronium or superior firepower. there are a lot of overpowered jedi, but that's all. oh. yeah there are "knights" with spears that can destroy a republic mobile artilery unit+ their infantry support :bugeye:

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

in other words no visual proof

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

over powering 2 victory calss SDs is no big deal. GCSs overpower ISD2s by at least 2.4 times with only its ventral array.

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i have, 100 pages ago, with caps from both TESB and RoTJ!!!!

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i actually agree with you on this one. just like with transphasic torpeodes normal conventional defences are probably useless on fold-space torpedoes. they would probably need a chronitron modification or some other devil. maybe a modified sub-space bubble who knows....

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Energy Lances, not spears. And they are on swoop bike.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

That is before the rearming from the SSD and the Superlaser.

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

which are nowhere to be found in the movies or the toons

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

hey, i practicaly use only TNG data for my GCS estemates anyway

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.