Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saquist Banned Banned

Why are calling "incorrect" you too are saying the same thing...essentially.
    You're right the Triangles on the saucer of the Constitution was meant to be landing pads...but he's right...it was to be a life boat...because really...look at this...YOU CAN"T go anywhere with a saucer section so he's right...lifeboat.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Acording to my sources, there is only Star Destroyer two casulties, one disbaled by Ion Cannon, one by Turbolasers blasts on the engines.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

No, I said in the Dominion War, I know that most UFP ships are not warships, but why would they have familys aboard when they are fighting the Dominion War. True but they are all Federation personel. I can't reply to every comment, because I got to train for Track and Field.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Then your sources suck at life, because, if you actually watch the movie, you can see plain as the nose on your face that the bridge is no more. It ceases to be. It is no longer in existance. Gone. Caputs. Bye Bye.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

This is your exact post... nowhere do you mention the Dom Wars... the Galaxy was built LONG before the Dominion War started... and no, most civilians are NOT Federation personell, because they are CIVVIES. Saying they're fed personell is like saying the wives of US Marine Corps soldiers are US Marine Corps Personell. They just aren't...

9. Fox Anderson Registered Member

Note about the Voth, They would kick the crap out of the whole starwars galaxy with just one city ship. They have phasing technology that can be used for personal use. They can phase a ship. This renders them unhittable. You can't kill what you can't hit. The Federation now has transphasic torpedoes. Those phase through and generaly detonate near the power core of a ship. This means one torpedo equals 1 ship gone since NOTHING in the Star Wars universe has a defense against that.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Fox, we are taking the Trek-Wins buttons out - this means no Q, no Transphasic torps... trust me, Trek doesn't need those against the pathetic Star Wars tech...we've shown Wars main battle tanks to have the firepower of a modern day hand grenade... and that's been able to down naboo starfighters... *shrugs* I don't think Trek has anything to worry about.

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

where did you get the impression that there were civilians on board GCSs during the war?

12. Azron_Stoma Registered Member

where did you show that Main battle tanks have the firepower of modern day hand grenades? keep in mind blast sizes mean nothing in terms of how much damage it can do, C4's blast is generally quite small compared to equal amounts of TNT but causes much more damage to what it effects, same with that Bangalore blade or whatever it's called.

Blasters work on a completely different principle than Phasers (remember a Phaser on 16 takes a full 3-4 seconds of sustained fire to vaporize about 1 cubic meter of Granite and that's a generous estimate, as shown in "Chain of Command part 1 where worf vaporized a section of rock, that appeared to be FAR less than 1 cubic meter of granite, but rather one square meter and a few inches.") instead of a chain reaction it is an instantaneous reaction, namely that of explosive vaporization of a target, causing the solid, now a gas to expand rapidly, the pressure causing an explosion sending debris in all directions and a great deal of smoke. Han Solo's DL-44 was shown blasting away pieces of concrete with a single shot the size of a man's torso (around the same than 1 cubic meter)

Durasteel is made using Neutronium in the same way Iron is used to make modern Steel, that's right, the amazingly "Indestructible" Neutronium is actually WEAKER than Durasteel. the re-entry of the Invisible Hand in Episode III is testament to it's strength, considering how thin the armour was and how violent the collision, not to mention the sheer bulk of the vessel. the Enterprise's Saucer Section had a much smoother landing on soft ground, rather than on whatever surface the Invisible hand smacked into. and the Enterprise saucer section was completely totaled, while the Invisible hand only had problems with some of it's lower decks (and aft section).

an E-11 has an upper limit of how large of a hole it can punch which is directly related to the size of the bolt, IE it doesn't matter if it's concrete or Styrofoam, the hole it will make is the same size in width and depth because the bolt is the same size so the area of effect is the same.

also a modern hand grenade is lethal to within 25 meters, a Klingon mortar won't even knock you down if it explodes 1 meter away from you. and that's the heaviest artillery in trek

besides lets not forget about the fact that the feddies decided to protect their most valuable ground instillation in the dominion war with no more than 150 redshirts with nothing bigger than a phaser rifle, and got their butts kicked by a bunch of Jem Hadar who use tactics that went obsolete 200 years ago by OUR STANDARDS! honestly they might as well been against British Redcoats from the Revolutionary war, which I recall similarly armed soldiers wasted an away team (including worf) in the first season of TNG.

as for the Transphasic torpedoes, there are 3 inherent problems with them which negates them as a threat. they have only ever been seen on Voyager and were from the future, there is no mention of them at all in Nemesis, so either

1. the technology to make them is too complex or requires too many resources to make on a regular basis, so Voyager is the only ship that has them

2. they may have ditched them due to either political/social impact (they would make big ships obsolete, since it doesn't matter how big they are) or more likely, due to temporal prime directive.

3. even if they COULD make Transphasics as fast and had as big of a stockpile of them as they did Photons and Quantums, the Imperial industrial capacity is such that they would long run out of Transphasics before the Imperials even came close to running out of ships, not only that but they could just whip into Feddie systems, and orbitally bombard any weapons factory into dust and hyper out before the feddies could respond. besides, they have 100s of thousands if not millions of ships ranging from 100-600m long, and could always just send CIS stuff at the Feddies and just win through sheer difference in industrial capacity. even 1% of the CIS force on Geonosis would march all over AR 558. or any other instillation for that matter.

the Voth phasing system is interesting, if it works on the same principle as the Pegasus phase cloak it would be easy enough to stop, tractor beams would be able to cause more than enough friction to do the job, as ever, all the races in the Milky Way Galaxy in star trek, (with the possible exception of the Q, but they would not bother to save any race from the Imperials, in fact, odds are they would rather like them and there is no reason to assume that Ysalamiri could or could not affect a Q's power, it all depends on what principles the Q's powers function on.) have a weakness that even the feddies can exploit. odds are their phasing makes it so they cannot attack either. the Krenim Temporal weapon could possibly cause some headaches, but it's unlikely it would ever come into play again.

so even with these so called "win buttons" the Imperials still have a good chance of winning. without the "win buttons" Imperial Victory is assured.

to quote one of the people on the first page, it is as relevant now as it ever was.

"It would be a battle between a fancy yacht with some neat weapons and an industrial strength can of whoop ass."

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm, in that scene, worf was NOT at full power because at lvl 16, it'd have caused a secondary collapse... he was at level 6 or 7 at best... it's even said to reduce power on the phasers in the script...

Transphasic Torps are around when Janeway gets home from Delta Quadrent... this implys that, less than 30 years after Voyager, they are readily available as is the Ablative Armor.

And, again - it's All of trek vs All of wars... we're leaving the Q out of this at the moment as it's an instant I-Win for trek...

Vader: YARR! Heil to me or die!
    Q: Uh... no.
    Vader: Then you shall DIE!
    Q: I don't like you guys... or your universe.
    Q: *snaps fingers*
    Universe: Star Wars ceases to have ever existed.

See why we're leaving them out of it?

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, and Azron, if your Durasteel is "so strong", then why can't your average starship fly into a star? The Neutronium used in Trek made the Doomsday Machine able to DEVOUR FUCKING STARS. Yes, it flew UP to the star, SURROUNDED it with it's maw, and ATE IT. It did this with planets, stars, asteroids, and other galactic bodies!

YOUR ships cannot survive impact with a goddamned RUNWAY. NO, that is NOT neutronium. PERIOD!

God you guys are inept, I swear. Have you even WATCHED The Original Series?

*shakes his head sadly*

Oh, and by the way - phaser rifles can, given the destructive output we have seen, easily down imperial TIE fighters and probable even rebel A-wings, snowspeeders, landspeeders, and probably even smaller starfighters, including the older X-wings.

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Acording to Hellblade.
    I know there weren't any civilians aboard. I was waiting for you to say there is not.

16. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Ask kitt.

A phaser on setting 16 can vaporize (or at least destroy) an entire building.

No blaster can do that.

Bullshit. The enterprise had a significantly rougher landing (the hand landed on a landing strip and was torn like styrofoam while Voyager survived a plummit and impact at 80% the speed of light).

Phasers are simply stronger. Face it.

Hahaha! And your protecting the Empires ground tactics?!? The Stand-and-shoot tactic is worse than the method used by the Jem'Hadar, or the british for that matter (for godsake, the fucking Stormtroopers were wearing fucking stark-white plastic armor in the woods! :wtf

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ah bullshit, they got their asses kicked by teddy bears, no counter-argument could win that.

as for the Transphasic torpedoes, there are 3 inherent problems with them which negates them as a threat. they have only ever been seen on Voyager and were from the future, there is no mention of them at all in Nemesis, so either

Fed ships have superior firepower (see other quote).

More bullshit.
    The Feds were never able to do anything about the Voth, the voth just let them go.

Someone hasn't had their medicine today...

Star Trek ships have superior firepower. See quote.

Edit: We're tired of TW clones...

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Why do you think they made a base in a black hole cluster if they can't go in a sun? The Maw Installation is in the Maw Cluster, Millienium Falcon been there are it is only a freighter. The Sun Crusher surrived being in the middle of a star for years and it is as good as new. Sun Crusher can destroy stars in seconds.

1. That is a Venator landing strip, Venators belong to the Republic not CIS
    2. Invisible Hand is not built to land period
    3. The only crew is Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi ( that barly did anything ), and the Challanceller ( did nothing at all )
    4. How can your crew a kilometer-long warship when one person is doing most of the work
    5. Skywalker was never trained to land a CIS ship
    6. It have been in battle, it is almost destroyed
    5. It is only half a ship ( The primary hull is a lifeboat, and acording to Memory Alpha, it is a ship in emergencies and it is built to land )

TIE/in fighters probably, but not TIE Predators, TIE Defenders, TIE Interceptors. Definitly not X-wings and A-wings.

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Evidence please. If you mean blow a hole a really small house not made of Durasteel by destorying, yes.

True, no damage was done by the landing strip ( only by atmosphere and battle scars ) on the Invisible hand. More details is on my reply for Kittamaru

Phaser Rifles are not stronger then YHV Droid's blaster cannons.

White armor is their uniform. Have you watched any of the Prequels? They have camoflage armor, so does swamp troopers ( empire ).
    1. Thats before Chewie not the AT-ST, and with the help of Regrenade Squdron ( the rebel's best commando team )
    2. The Emporer let the Rebels know about Endor

Have you read any posts from Cody?

Nope, see other post ( Mainly by me and Cody or the earlier debaters )on superior Republic firepower

Solusion: They can fire the Centerpoint and Galaxy Gun at them, the end.

We aren't TW clones.

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

as much as i know, they only have civilians on board during peace times. and probably only on the GCSs.

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Exactly, thats what I said.

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1.and since even large caleber blasters of the AT-STs do next to no damage on foilage and ewok catapults we can safely asume they are less powerfull then 40 mm short barells M4 WW2 guns

2.now, if i recall corectly no one in the vicinty died from fatal exposure to silicon superheated vapor, so your estemate is fishy. phasers do not change the state of the matter to gas, cause there is simply no evidence of such thermal energy intensive events. if you turn 1 cubic meter of rock into gas simultaniously you'll end up with a big eart shattering caboom, and a lot of plasma floating around (the bloody temperature will rise sky high)
    3.ehen did this happen? might you show us a photo-snap of that blast?
    4.hahahahaha... do you even know what neutronium actually is? i bet you mine a lot if it in SW huh? and a word of reminder. carbon+iron=steel. or carbon inreached iron. the pure form of carbon (diamond) is still stronger then eighter.
    5.so a crash landing on a mountain slope is far safer then a crashlanding on a well maintained airstrip??? it's good to know. i'll make sure to tell the victims of 1993 airliner crash.
    6.oh well that is just great. just use cardboard armour of say 3 in and you'll be safe

7.i'd stay away from those. UFP would not use them. they would violate the temporal prime directive.
    8.how can you tractor them if you can't detect them?

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Skywalker, use your goddamn brain.

If the Invisible Hand's hull could withstand forces that are created within a black holes gravity well, then the inertial forces it encounted upon impact would have been NOTHING.

If it could have withstood the heat of a sun, then re-entry's heat would have done ZILCH.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yes, you are. NO supporting facts, just a bunch of bullshit claims that you can't back up without resorting to fan-wank bullshit from SOME RANDOM ASS BOOK George Lucas had NOTHING to do with!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.