Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I want to add that they don't anncoce that they are firing on Max. power.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I will compare. I don't take wild guesses.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually an AT-ST is comparable to a a lightly armored hummer today. It's fast, light, can take some small arms fire and the pintle mounted weapon can cuase havoc. I would note that the pintle gun on the Federation dune buggy in Nemesis was't even as effective as a 40mm Grenade. Though at least it was smaller than the shoulder fired cousin in Insurrection.

Before you go laughing at Star Wars ground forces take a serious look at the lack of such forces in Star Trek.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually the ONLY time we have seen a planet possibly destroyed by anything in Star Trek is in Scorpian. Like the Death Satr that seemed to be a special weapon. Of course since we have never seen or even heard of Species 8472 pulling the stunt again it might have easily been a one time thing, period.

Star Trek does possess the ability to wipe a world clean of life, provided of course it is not shielded or defended.

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Gee, that couldn't be the energy ablative cloth poncho she was wearing could it? Remember Leia is also a Force Sensitive (by midichlorian count in the leagues of such people as mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jin) and many of the untrained can subconciously protect themselves. Plus finally the shot may have caught her poncho more than it cuaght her. What appears top be a direct hit could still be a graze.

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I want to add that there is better walkers like the Republic AT-TE, AT-HE, Juggernut, SP-HE, or the Empire's AT-AT. LATT/i Gunships can do alot of damage. Can any Star Trek tanks or ground viecals walk down cliff? Scott is right, don't laugh at that, look at the fine Republic Troops.

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Not to add about, Galaxy-Gun, Sun Crusher, World Devastator and Death Star prototype, Death Star 1, Death Star 2 and the Eclips ( with five shots ).

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Do Star Trek have anything close to the manufactioning speed of the Star Forge and World Devastators. The Star Forge can make hundreds of thousands of ships ( not frigates, they are destroyers and destroyer/carriers ) and droid crews for them in 3 days. and 1 World Devastor can make thousands of frigates and crusiers in a week, but without a droid crew, the crew will take 2 days time for all the ships to have the maximum crew for maximum proformance.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

But it bounced off the blaste wall too.

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

I don't tout wookipedia, I go by correct EU and movies. Dual crystal design is fior double length lightsabers, which are rare. Lightsabers are quite capable of working underwater by more than one mention in EU and novelization. As for blasters water is no more a impediment than normal air.

Actually we saw in Insurrection that the Enterprise E was certainly not capable of outrunning the rip. In fact it was gaining speed and would have been on them soon. It was also obvious that dragging the tearwas damaging the ship. You could try the trick of making the tear and trying to drag it over an enemy vessel is near suicide when you have no clue what the effect would be. Hell the rift could be only dangerous to warp powered vessels.

honesly given the particulars of the episode it is quite likely that Q simply constructed an elaborate fantasy in order to test Picard. Even if it was jumping form paralell timeframe to paralell timefram, doesn't mean Picard can do it without Q. 000000

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I added your statment in orange.

15. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

realy, phasers, blasters, and lightsabers should all make the water immediately boil when discharged

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

it's not your inteligence that is at stake here. blowing something to bits is not the same as turning it to vapour.

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i said they exibit such properties, t.i. they "explode" like they were plasma. so any written evidence must match what we see on screen. otherwise it's inacurate.

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

1. first, we can't see those bolts in their points of origin. from the aperant size of the ISD we should be able to see the point of origin of bolts the size the shot later on at the Falcon or the Nebulon B in RoTJ, or the Largest bolts used against Calamari in RoTJ. so they must be the smallest batteries used in the movies. and if they were able to shot anything larger or stronger, then why waren't then? this is the only case in which they do.

2. but if you have a bud that can fix a plane and you are only seen fixing cars while he's seen fixing planes, then what should we expect?

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

are you allright? does this looks like a Nebulon B to you?

20. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

and did you see the previous 3 pictures??? the bolt did not interact nor change direction before it hit her.

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

lol, you asked for it laddy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

give me time to post the previous frames. it seams i'll have to post the entire movie huh?

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

why not? there are many speculations. but on screen is ultimate canon, and there is no superior firepower displayed by the imperials.

23. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

lol, a .50 cal will do more damage if struck against that

and yes the buggy was a joke

but why the buggy? type 2 phasers showed more firepower then that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.