Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCareTaker BBUURRIITTOOSS!!! Registered Senior Member

true but Starwars in my opinion is better then star Trek

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I agree, Star Wars have better tech.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TheCareTaker BBUURRIITTOOSS!!! Registered Senior Member

so very true dude
    just everything in Star Wars kicks ass

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Jedi... I'm defending you there mate... and a .25 second response time is normal (hence the 215 ms reference)

Also, they ARE Trek ships and Wars ships... when I don't feel like saying Star over and over and over

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The reason Trek ships don't fight one another at that range is it's moot point - plus they HAVE engaged at that range. If you notice, though, it's very rare in trek to have a simple fight to the death. Usually they want something from what they are attacking. Be it a person or an object or even diplomacy.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Jedi, you haven't proven that yet... and CareTaker, Star Wars is Science Fantasy... Star Trek is Science Fiction.

Trek has a chance to come true, Wars doesn't

9. TheCareTaker BBUURRIITTOOSS!!! Registered Senior Member

U never know my friend

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Considering something like a SSD could never land on a planet with that landing gear and fully power down... the fact that their shields simply don't want to stop solid objects... killing your vice admiral because he made a mistake... yeah, I HOPE to GOD we don't go that path

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Thanks. But when they are fighting the borg or the dominions, why don't they do that?

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Faster-then-light travle: Star Wars wins, because Hyperdrive is alot faster then Warp.

Weapons: Star Wars have centerpoint that can destory a star half a galaxy away.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Excuse me, but SSDs don't have landing gear, they land on special platforms, BUT other ships can for example: Victory-class, Crusiers, Frigate, Freighters, Assult ships, and Dreadgaunts.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

"Long time ago, in a galaxy far far away................"
    See that, a galaxy far far away, not milkyway.
    Plus Acordin to Star Trek, there will be a Eugenic wars now, but I didn't see that.
    Star Wars is more real then Star Trek in many ways.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Because they have the same weapon ranges as the Federation. They DO try to keep distance from the Borg, but considering Borg ships are generally faster at warp (as shown in TNG) it's a futile effort - by getting in VERY close, though, you can bypass their magnetic field and attempt to do direct damage.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Centerpoint isn't operational anymore is it?

And besides, it'd be taken down VERY quickly... and it's also useless because it's "half a galaxy away" ability wouldn't work from another universe

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

My appologies. I thought an SSD was a Dreadnaught?

Any and Every ship in Trek can land on a planet. Just most of the time when they have to do it, they are damaged and at minimal power.

I'd like to see a Victory class without it's repulsors land properly

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Why don't they fight in futher ranges in Defence of Earth from the Borg, or other battles. Why don't Voyager do that to the borgs? Hyperspace is much faster.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The Eugenic wars? What in the world... you refering to WW3?

I'm hoping to GOD we can avoid that part of Treks timeline...

For Star Wars to start to happen:

We'd need the Force, eg Midochlorians
    We'd need things like Yoda and the other funky aliens
    We'd need Wookies... and there is, honestly, no real natural cause for such an adaption
    We'd need some very arrogant people to wrest control of the government and fund super-secret agencies to contract large orbital death-rays.

For trek to start to happen:

Money needs to be eliminated
    The world needs a unified government
    We need to start building our starships in space
    We'd need to normalize the use of M/AM reactors
    We'd need to capitalize on the empathic ability of some people
    We'd need to discover alien life (possible, but not on our own planet)

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

They can always build a new one. It is Star Wars Vs Star Trek isn't it? so everything is operational including the Galaxy-Gun and SUn Crusher.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Gosh I am tired of explaining what works and don't works.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

They did engage at longer ranges... thing is, the Borg were approaching the Earth. A large part of their strategy was "keep our ships between them and Earth"

Voyager is not a battle-ready ship in any stretch of the imagination. They need some SERIOUS drydock repairs.

Watch the Ent-E battles... they were engaging the Scimitar at ranges everywhere from point blank to over 100 times the length of the Ent-E... considering the Ent-E is over 600m long... 600x100 = 6,000+ meters.

Considering the disruptors of the Scimitar work better up close (so do Phasers) and considering they couldn't SEE the Scimitar to let the computer lead the target the small bits they would for a ship moving at .8 the speed of light...

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

How is Yoda and Wookies not possible. I said Galaxy far far away, things are diffrent there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.