Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I thought they can make wormholes. Republic can't go in offensive because they don't even know where is where in milky way, they need time to find out, the fastest way to do that is to hack the computers in the Starfleet headquarters, but how on earth are they gonna know where is earth?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

true, but so is firepower. depends on your tactical doctrine. i'd say 10 ISDs woud win against 20 Victory, but the win might be too costly when everall expences are calculated.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Do you know Anakin Skywalker's full potential?

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Depend on what class of hyperdrive and nav computers the Victory have. They can run.

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i don't think they can make warmholes. they may be able to stabilise them on rare ocasions. they can make a warmhole by inducing engine instability, but i doubt this would be proven usefull since the anomaly is localised on the ship's suroundings.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

neadless to say, he is not a God. and he's dead. besides we never see Force Ghosts doing anything but chat.

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

afcourse they can run. that is why cruisers and battlecruisers are designed in the firsplace. strong enough to crush weaker enemies, fast enough to hunt them or to avoid the battleships. but when full pitched battle or a siege begins they are best used as scouts or reseve. they just can't hold the battle line long enough or survive in it.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

" If you strike me down darth, I shall be more powerful then you ever can imagine."-Ben Kenobi before his death. Acroding to that he can do more then chating. Anakin Skywalker is techniclly a god because he is the pure vessle of the force.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Ya, but Ventors and Victory are strong, they are only weak compared to ISDs.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

The republic can attack wih enough speed, and damaged caused to the federation. The Republic will leave before the borgs arrive and they will have no problem, and the Federation is still recovering from the castulties caused by the Republic, so they will lose aginst borgs.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Q can, and has, made beings simply cease to exist... he has moved planetary bodies with a thought... he can change the gravitational constant of the universe... the force has NOTHING on OMNIPOTENCE!

Scott, stop trying to downplay the Q just because you cannot beat them!

16. Saquist Banned Banned

Firstly. There is no such thing as almost indestructable. Either are or you aren't.

Secondly. He was an imperial officer at the height of the Empire and had faced Imperial firepower before...and he's equpped his freighter with military rated shielding and weapons to deal with them. Obviously he knows something about the typical star Destroyer. No one said anything about the war. That's very distractionary.

Third.
    None of those super ships compare to the simple and easy to manufacture tech that star trek has produced. It inferrior in almost every way. A point that can not and has not been denied sense this thread started.

As any military officer.
    Would you prefer a Massive battlestation or a seven foot long missle and a whole armory.

Would you prefer a torpedo of densely packed matter or a bomb of resin of about half a liter and drop it into the sun...(made easily from waste from a ship)

Center Point Station which has no logical method of control or a 5,000,000 ISOTON Solar system killer?

I don't think there is an equal to the world devestators.

17. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

He graduated and was a lieutenant. Last I checked, becoming an officer required intelligence and knowledge.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You want to destroy the sun crusher?

Easily done...

We'll hit it with an anti-matter beam.

The matter within the ship will instantly combust, forming pure energy.

Do this a few times, there's nothing LEFT of it.

Should that NOT work for SOME STRANGE REASON (physics be damned I guess...) then we'll simply throw it into a black hole... as the AVERAGE TREK SHIP can fly into a star no problem...

19. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Are you kidding me? If it is an omnipotent against an omnipotent, you CANT Instantly win!

You just lost all credibility right there. Ignoring you.

20. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

If the federation invades, Q will clap his fingers and every ship will be destroyed.

OR,

A thousand borg cubes will descend on Coruscant and take all SW technology. NOTHING can save them. Fighters will be too slow on sublight, capital ships will be too slow on Sublight. If you are in Warp, the attacking ship also needs to be in Warp. Something SW ships cant do. The Borg attack Coruscant en masse and drop out of warp, immediately beam down millions of drones. Within hours, there is a borg collective and within a day, there will be ships coming out of Coruscant with all SW weaponry and ST weaponry.

GOOD DAY.

21. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

... Are you serious? If he was a God, why didnt he intervene in all the chaos that happened after the fall of the Empire?

Again, you lose all credibility. Not like you had any anyway.

22. Saquist Banned Banned

I have to say I agree.
    Skywalker Jedi you're actually losing credibility. You don't wanna fall into the TWScott category. You can't just throw up situation dependent examples or questions certain out comes based on them. That's kind of flagrantly biased.

If there is a reason that Skywalker should be considered more powerful than Q, then find it and show it to us. Everything and anything other than that is just implicity. It's your word only.

I do think he had some credit to his name on some issues and he's previously retracted statements when they were pointed out as inaccurate by others. That shows he's not dishonest and I much prefer that to TWScotts distasteful dedication to factual contentiousness.

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.