Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i think my original calculation for the main array firepower was on page 429.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

Hey I'm convinced already...I'm bold enought to take the information straight to Star Destoryer.net...and watch the fire works go...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

lol!
    those guys are still active? anyways i can allready see their responses... "The Borg cube was filled with plasma or TNT or some other volatile stuff" :bugeye:
    or the allready seen "ISDs are made from neutronium and neutronium is allmost compleately resistant to phaser fire":crazy:

there are some major wacked guys back there :runaway:

i'm going to start the modding this evening. my calculations are allmost finished.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

That sounds like a good aproximation...
    They actually take themselves seriously on that...

8. Hotspur Registered Member

Apparently, tritanium is 21.4 times harder than diamond. (I'm certain you knew this; I'm just mentioning it in the off chance you don't.)

9. Hotspur Registered Member

Also, in the Enterprise episode entitled "Impulse," a disabled vulcan ship had been adrift inside a dense asteroid field for at least several hours, possibly months, sustaining collision after collision.

And it's important to note that the Vulcan ship was completely powerless and shieldless, and was a much more primitive vessel than even the TOS Enterprise.

10. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

yes i know. however this reflects tritanium's resistance to mechanical damage, and we do not yet know what kind of damage the disrupting weapons (phasers, disruptors, large turbo lasers?) do. i'd still guess that tritanium should be more dificult to disrupt (vapourise) then rock or iron since they use it as war ship armor.

11. Saquist Banned Banned

I concure although I was previously unaware of the ENTERPRISE episode the concurs with. It is for me illuminating.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Saquist, the impact of the Valdore's wingman's warp pylon chunk into the Ent-E's warp nacelle provides a good view into the strength of Tritanium and the ships armor - even a thin, narrow, mostly hollow warp nacelle can withstand tremendous impact!

13. Saquist Banned Banned

That was Tritanium?
    I though starship hulls were made of Duranium.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I was under the impression it's a mix, with the nacelles and pylons being made of the sturdier Tritanium alloy?

15. Saquist Banned Banned

Well I don't know now...I'll have to look it up again.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

don't know how acurate or canon this is, but i think that UFP ships use tritanium for the bulkheads and duranium foam for plating and isolation. in other words the more dense tritanium forms the skeleton of the ship while the the lighter duranium makes up for the lager quantity of stucture. the ratio may vary though. i'd expect heavy large vessels like the Sovereign and Galaxy to have more tritanium based composition, unlike light scout like designs (Intrepid, Norway, Saber, Nova) to be more duranium based. still shuttles are mostly tritanium and shuttles are suposed to be light right?

17. Saquist Banned Banned

Aparently you're right. I looked up Memory Alpha and it said just so...Amazing...such a strong material.

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i have not watched Memessis in some time (i dislike the movie), but was E-E shielded when they hit that Norexan debries?

19. Saquist Banned Banned

Oh yes...the debris bounced off the Port dorsal shield.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

On the saucer section yes - but that shield was at 10% and dropping. Off the nacelle, I don't believe so - only the structural integrity field remained I think, though I'm not 100%

21. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Well, what do you expect of ships that can take a planet exploding to the face?=)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Darth Reven Registered Member

For everyones info Star Destroyers Have 60 turbolasers and 60 ion cannons.Turbolasers can rip threw ANY ship with ease.They throw heat blast of temp 30,000 celsos.If star wars uses the past, They have the star forge.Huge battlestation.Mass production of any programmed ship. in hours.Large Leviathans with 200 turbolasers in two hours.

23. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

That's because licking paint is a pastime for them.

Well, it's rather that they lie and twist things to their own ends. I went there when I first got into the debate between the two, and they claimed that the Borg couldn't adapt because imperial weapons didn't have a frequency (bullshit). Not only were they wrong about that, but they were also wrong about the fact that the Borg can only adapt to things with a frequency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.