Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Unless you fire a couple quantum torpedoes thru the unprotected, 2m wide exhaust port that would trigger a chain reaction in the primary power plant, the resulting explosion of which would cause the destruction of the entire ship.

Of what use is even acknowledging that Wars ships have shields? 10% of directed energy blocked? Federation navigational shielding can do that! lol
    Oh and PS, even IF some Wars ships have shields, Grievous' ship did not. The visuals that backed up the conversation clearly shows that Anakin took down shuttlebay door shields. Blow up circuitry, blue field on bay door goes down.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Yes but this is the Eclipse we're talking about...

I know what you mean.

Stupid isn't it?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

What's the size of the Death Star as compared to the Eclipse? There might even be TWO exhaust ports on the Eclipse! Double the chances!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. USS Enterprise-A Registered Member

My god... that ship is UGLY! :bugeye: Nice for target practice though. :booo:

8. Saquist Banned Banned

I'll drink to that...:cheers:

9. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

And the same for any other SW ship! Only easier if I have my own fleet or if the ship is smaller!

10. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Yes, just a little recap of my ship.

11. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Name: U.S.S. Enterprise
    Registry: NCC-1701-B

Race: United Federation of Planets

Class: Excelsior-II
    Class Role: Anti-Cloak Cruiser

Length: 469m

Armerments:

Primary Weapons

-11 Phaser Banks
    (5 on dorsal of saucer, 5 on ventral section of saucer, 1 mounted above aft shuttlebay)

Heavy Weapons:

-2 forward firing Quantum Torpedo launchers
    (1 torpedo per tube)

-2 forward firing Photon Torpedo launchers
    (2 torpedo per tube)

-2 aft firing Photon Torpedo launchers
    (1 torpedo per tube)

Torpedo Compliment

-40 Quantum Torpedoes

-120 Photon Torpedoes

Defenses:

Shields

-Deflector Sheilds
    (Nebula)

-Metaphasic Sheilds

Hull/Armour

-Hull Integrity Field

Power/Propulsion:

Impulse Drive

-Impulse Drive
    (Sovereign)(large modules on either side of aft saucer)

-Auxilery Impulse Drive
    (Miranda)(what would be regular Impulse Drive on Excelsior)

Warp Drive

-Transwarp Drive

-Warp Drive
    (Excelsior)

Technology:

-Bio-Neural Gel Packs

-Advanced Anti-Cloak Sensors

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  12. Saquist Banned Banned

I don't like the Excelsior II it's awfull to take a beautiful ships and add..."love handles" ...
    The Excelsior class was the best and it's the one frequently shown in Trek...I kinda think of the Excelsior II as a miss step in the class production...Not a bad one but a miss step none the less. That goodness there be but two.

13. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Yeah, you've got a point. That's what I thought about the ship when I first saw it. Strictly speaking, I didn't like it either. But I eventully I got used to it and now like it.

14. Saquist Banned Banned

I got used to it too. It meant that I had to focus on more good than bad. specificly I thought that the extra two impulse engines were a grat idea since the ship really showed some awesome manuverabilty up against the Defiant when it took that hard to port motion to face Defiant.

15. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Why are the warp nacelles on the Excelsior class so large esp compared to the saucer? It took me a while to get used to the Excelsior class and this was one of the main reasons.

I did however like the design of the "battle section"...it reminds me of current aircraft carriers.

16. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Some debate rushes on about the fact that those extra impulse engines were actually shuttlebays. But that is a stupid debate since we've seen the back of them and the fact that why would the Federation have a ship with extra shuttlebays when there was no need for them at the time period it was originally created.

17. Saquist Banned Banned

I know of such debates. But it seems more logical that they're impulse engines. The have no similarity to shuttlebays and the Excelsior already has the biggest shuttle bay of it's time. Even of TNG time...which is a reason why they kept the ship around.

18. Saquist Banned Banned

Nacelles are typical judge to be a third of the vessels length...not an equal third but a third nonetheless. Most designers use the nacelles to balance the vessel center of gravity. Excelsior's nacelles does so perferctly. More so Excelsior was the Great Experiment her engines were designed to take the ship into Trans warp speeds larger coils would be part of that idea.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, but my favorite ship of all time is still the Refit Sovereign with the new Hellbore Torpedoes from the Hydran empire... awesome weapons they are. They wrap the ship in a magnetic field, then IMPLODE... as a result, the weakest shield arcs take the most damage! God help you if you have a shield down... it'll crush in your hull like a tin can!

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Kitt...that's from a game right? The effects of the weapon are admittedly impressive, but non-canon. "Hellbore" sounds like a fanboy name...Trek usually has more graceful naming conventions than that :|

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If I remember right, it's actually first described in TOS though I forget what it was called.

22. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with him on this one kitt...

Don't be like TW...

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in TOS... or was that a Gorn... I forget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.