Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

as for the Exacutor not making a big bang when he collapsed on the death star very simple. If a genarator blows it's the fuel that explodes. Isn't then easy to say that it was only the SSD fuel we see explode en not to total output off energie that his generater can produce. KACHING

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

@halo07guy aren't there any superlazers on the planets of SW?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I'm gonna leave you guy for now.
    @halo07guy visit our site www.troopers.be and enjoy

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

TW, dude, who cares?? I told you I would be embarassed to be beaten by things that look like teddy bears. It does not matter what their abilities are, it's still extremely embarassing to be beaten by little fluff balls - even those who might hold the homefield advantage - when you clearly have the superior firepower and technology.

So Warsie weapons used in an overhead strike are rendered useless by trees? Trees TW? Even I'm incredulous that you'd think that...

Hears what...I'm bored and fed up of you now, I'll join the ranks of people that are largely ignoring you.

8. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

There are at least five known kinds of planetary defense: Shields, Ion cannons, Hypervelocity Cannons, Orbital SuperHeavy Turbolaser Cannons, and garrisons.

9. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

Why did I get redirected to a Belgian Dress Site?

Anyway, I think he's referring to the trees preventing them from getting a good shot by blocking them or there being a risk of damage to the generator.

Anyway if you don't know what a Orbital SuperHeavy Turbolaser is, its esseintally a giant space staions that is entirely one big fuckin' gun.

10. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I know what he meant...but to quote trees as being an excuse to eschew an overhead attack?? If Wars has weapons that'll (according to TW) basically smash thru the 1.5 million metric ton, titanium+ some-Starfleet-metal alloy Enterprise-D, why would stinking trees even be part of an excuse to deny an arial or orbital attack? Not to mention, Warsie sensors are useless if a capital ship cannot see what's under some stupid trees.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Very true again Ent-D

And The Heisenburg Uncertanty Principle does have some possible workarounds... one of my friends who is studying String Theory extensively thinks he has a possible solution - Quantum Dots. Basicly, atoms with no atomic nucleus that are formed in an ultra-thin layer of doped silica that causes the electrons to no longer act as a particle but, instead, to behave as a quantum waveform.

12. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

Yes, but that experiment has very little to do with transporting organic things. You can't change the atoms in a person.

13. Saquist Banned Banned

Negative. the destruction of the Executor was an off camera event. All that was seen on camera was the collision of two objects. The confirmation of the ships destruction was the destruction of the Death Star itself.

14. Saquist Banned Banned

Yes the picture seems to make it obvious: his mental state is surely in question.

15. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

Off camera?! For God's sake the thing shattered in front of are very eyes! I think that seeing over 90-95% percent of the ship go up im a huge explosion is destroyed.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

it has everything to do with it- you can't change the ACTUAL atoms, but you can simulate where they are using this technology.

The problem with transportation is this- we cannot be sure WHERE the sub-atomic particles in your body are. We can move them easily, we just can't be sure where they are or where they will go.

Using quantum dots, we can safely experiment on structures built of said dots to duplicate, exactly, human tissue. It will take time to get the composition right, but it will allow us to eventually simulate a human body and thus transport them.

The other possibility is a smaller type of scanner that uses particles under sub-atomic... difficult, but not impossible.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Not really- for all we know, those were just the defensive weapon emplacements going up all at once- if the ship was as strong as Scott likes to suggest, it would have survived just fine and, more than likely, have punctured thru the death star...

18. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually incorrect to get through an ST shield you must do one of four things A. Know the exact Frequency. B Have a shield piercing weapon. C. Apply a continous beam or D Over power the shield

Of course some damage leaks through anyway, part of the reason ST ship take damage even before shields are depleted.

Actually it is possible to have an electrically powered weapon witn NO frequency, but I'll leave that to your nightmares

19. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

I can just imagine what it was like at the ass end of the ship when it hit the DS2. Most likely a bunch of people falling down the horizontal transports when the ships gravity shut off and the DS2's took over. You need horozontal transports for a ship the size of an ISD or larger.

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Well, okay you would be embarassed If you and 19 of your friends were taken out by a Navy CRT SEAL backed up by 50 adult koalas in a fight staged in a Eucalyptus stand? What if you manage to would the SEAL and kill 20 koalas? Would you be embarassed then?

Actually considering that it is too close to the bunker and your troops to use Thermonuclear devices, turbolasers or even cluster bombs, you would be restricted to trying to perform pinpoint bombing runs. Since the trees are too close together for TIE bombersyou would have to fly above. Then you havet to pray tree branches did not cuase the weapon to detonate prematurely.

21. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The SSD unfortuntely was destroyed by impact, the engines were at full acceleration and the Armor belt of the DS is considered impenetrable, probably 50 to 500 meters of Dura Armor pierced in placed only by Turbolifts so troops can get to surface weapon emplacements.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  22. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I don't know whats your problem Tee-dubya Scott, but you think everyone elses posts are worthless, and your in your own happy fan-fiction universe. And by the way, I'm ignoring your posts (they have been blocked from my eyes, the only things worth looking at are the things Kit, Saquist, Ent-D, and Hellblade quote).

23. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

ST Sheilds

They rotate at a very fast pace rather than flicker on/off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.