Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

dude it's still sci-fi. How does that blue shiny thing called warpdrive create enough energy to create a warpbubble. grow up

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

did you acually see the movies or do you get your post from trekkienets.
    Yoda is much more powerfull than just lifting a x-wing. Maybe if you really watched thr prequals than you can talk

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Can you honestly tell me that 400gw never brought down a current production model's shields? No.

Shit just take the gift I gave you of the 400 GW beam needed to be incredibly small under 3 inch radius.

Of course this argument is pointless as a single Heavy Turbolaser emits more than 60 times a Galaxy class warp core.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Mmmm, yes, tiny mistakes. Mistakes that no one would ever notice.

Yeah, really small unmeaningful mess ups there...

8. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Phasers have much more firepower than that, and apparently they hold pretty well, and if this where true, how come no one has ever taken advantage of it?
    Again, unproven. And stop acting like your giving me a fucking gift. Your theory held no water, and I just showed you that not everything onscreen is hard canon, sometimes, mistakes are made.

Which you have failed to prove.

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Damn and your diploma got yanked. What is on screen is canon. Gene said so. paramount says so. Your opinion means nothing. Back to Preschool for you.

Is proven

True Q: Warp core of Galaxy class D produces 1.2E19 watts per second

ICS:AOTC Heavy Turbolaser emits 5.225E19 watts per 1/15th second.

Seems pretty damn proven to everyone with a working forebrain

10. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Not exactly, not everythin onscreen is hard canon, just as the fact that the Defiant can't change its size, nor can shields be dropped with 400 gigawatts. Do try again. And by the way, Gene never actually had any official say in Star Trek Canon, because he never owned it. Just a little heads up there...

While orbiting a planet without shields or weapons or whatnot. The warpcore was hardly in use at the time.

Wrong, this goes against proven yields in G-Level Canon. It also clashes with Han's yield limit provided in ANH

If that's true, then why are you the only one who thinks so?

11. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I meant in real. we allso have a stargate, snowspeeder, speederbike, dailhomethingy all 1 on 1. Outridertunnel in building process 1 on 1.
    X-wing building in progress. 1 on 1
    Jabba the hutt trone 1 on 1;

maybe you check it out http://troopers.be
    enjoy

12. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

the guy's with pain in my heart (lol) i'm gonna leave this thread for about 2 weeks. Holiday with the kids

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Don't spend to much pages in here on shieldstuff

@scott and fettman: let the force be with you in these troublesome pages

@all you trekkies. believe in your cause.

i'll be looking forward rejoining you guys in the neverending story lol
    allthough i'll probably will need a few hours to read these pages lol

Hellblade8 if you got some pics don't hasitate to send some links to my pm. thx

30th aniversary starwars in london coming up yipeeee.

13. Hard For Kirk Registered Senior Member

haha scotty verry funny now beam my pants up to

14. Saquist Banned Banned

actually it may be canon but it's not absolute and George Lucas said that the EU is not the same as the Films he created. He described them as "seperate" on the Special Edition DVD, I believe or it was the documentary that came on SCI channel.

In any case you have to make a decision about what is true to George's vision. To stay with his vision or include the visions of other writers and authors.

I chose to leave out the EU.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Scott likes to beat his meat to the fanboy wank of EU. That's why he's so determined to follow it like it was his bible.

Scott, grow up.

16. Saquist Banned Banned

As for Warp Drive.

Look up a book called the Science of Star Trek.
    In this book they cover all of Trek's most popular technology and rate it's likely hood of being possible.

The Transporter got a questionable not because they didn't know whether the beam was based on information or merely the break down of the matter to energy.

Warp Drive Got a "Firm Maybe". They said it's based on field propulsion which is something they've been researching for a long time. But just how Trek makes their warp field and the energy properties...who knows.

They did put forth there own ideas for making field thrust propulsion engines...in comparision they were extremely limited.

Personally they noted that given time this would be possible. Currently they can't figure it out. Also check out the "Voyager Through the Universe" books the one Titled "OutBound". It actually talks about antimatter engines and magnectic suspended crystal to produce propulsion.

17. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

There was a Popular Science article called "The Science of Warp Drive" about this.

18. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

What book? You mean fan-fiction? Thats a no-no.:bugeye:

19. Saquist Banned Banned

Yes, that one too. I thought I saw that in a Popular Mechanics magezine. People have always be facinated with Trek and it's Technology. Trek represents human advancement and progress, a firm direction. I think that is a direction many of us on Earth would like to humanity take.

Unity and Exploration.

20. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

They are in separate UNIVERSES!:bugeye: And what the hell about ET?:m:

21. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Okay according to you Scott, an ISD has 12.5 gigaton turbolasers. Then what do the Rebels have?!? How come a rebel ship vs. an ISD is pretty much equally matched even though they don't have turbolasers?!?:bugeye:

And TNG:'The Surivors' episode can be considered contradictory in this situation.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Guys, give up. We know the truth. We know Trek wins.

Scott is the only person that refutes this (now that Vasago has left, who admitedly had more questions than answers)

23. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Now it's just us guys.

Me and Lord Vasago could get along from time-to-time, he's still a cool guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.