Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

So, how about the ignorence of TW Scott everybody?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

First, you have not disproven a single thing. Second ignoring me does change the truth of my posts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Lay off guys this is a place of free opnion you dont need to start talking crap about some1 because of what they think is true and is diffrent than what you say.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

8. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

I'm with you scott, it dosnt matter what they say sw has touched ppl all over the world and its a classic story thats why it wins in my book. Oh and the fights look way better and you can realate to it.

9. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

And i'm all for SW and ST vs Battle star ^_^

10. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

All this should come down to is what happens in cannon St has some great weapons and ships as does Sw both have ppl you can realate to and infact most leaders on the good side of things would sit down and talk things out on how they can join together to fight the greater evil aka empire borg and what not. Atleast thats how I see it.

11. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

But the reason we are doing this is because he keeps objecting everything I say. In the beggining I was polite to scott, but as time went by, his posts just got ruder and ruder.

12. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Neither have you disproved anything.

13. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Well then lets try even harder to work things out in a more friendly way.

14. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

You haven't told me how your aimless equations for the wattage for a turbolaser works, you deny that sheild harmonics and changing frequency is a valuable asset, and you tried denying my resolves to your really poorly thought out and predicted story involving the DS and earth.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If scott provided proof, i would have no problem with him.

The problem is he pulls numbers, literally, out of thin air. Those he can claim to pull from movies he greatly exagerates and anything Trek related he bases on what seems to be absolute worst case scenario.

I too was polite to scott, and remained as such even after he become insulting... however, after a few days of the same crap, I gave up hope on him.

He is NOT a valuable asset to the Star Wars side and you guys would be wise to discard him as you would a cancerous growth.

16. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I think this entire time scott was desperately trying to make me join his little SW campaign, untill I simply wouldn't give in. So now just because I coincidentally seem to be stating things that all of his advercaries have been saying about him. Now he gives me a shit-load of crap.

17. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

I'm not going to tell you anything i'm not 100% sure of SW dont have harmonics but they are able to take alot of beating from alot of weapons even astroids as for TL power I cant give you any numbers all i can say is from books they are able to destory larg areas of ground and one ISD is able to slag a whole planet in only a few hours. But i'm not going to give numbers because I dont think we can fully understand how weapons in ST and SW work.

18. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I mean this argument seem like such a drag when he is here. He just denies everything we say. Why, if I said the say a light bulb wattage is 60 watts, he'd say, well the... and just bring random numbers to defy our testimony.

19. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I like you, you try to work things out more freindly like, and don't bring random digits from nowhere just to justify your testimony. Good.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Allright, everbody let's have a reform, let us asume that ST and SW weaponry are equal (depending on ship classes and their IMP/FED equivalents), and leave out the numbers (unless I get something believable and it doesn't come off of TW Scott's keyboard). An let us also observe the other qualities of the weaponry other than the sheer damage it causes.

21. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

I havent seen much ST but i'm going to take your words on what you say they have done

22. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

lol I think how ppl say the empire got beaten by ewoks funny true it seemed they took out a few stormmies but thats because they are geting ambushed by many of them at a time. I'm not going to give numbers or anything on how the logs destroyed the walker but I do think 2 very larg objects coming down at very fast speeds hiting something on both sides at the same time would destroy most light armor.

23. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

but i need to go now, so i'll get back to everything when i can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.