Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Thrawn was a great leader but I still think Ackbar was the greatest military leader.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

What if the Republic found the Fed 1st would they start a war?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Tricobalt devices are relatively ineffective when used against shielded targets due to the slow expansion of energy from the explosion. It is primarily used as a demolition weapon, most notably against space stations and ground targets. (VOY: "The Voyager Conspiracy") However, when shields are weak, tricobalt devices can disable the shields. (VOY: "Blink of an Eye")

So, despite the fact they they are known to be largely ineffective against Shielded targets by people in the know of thr ST universe and in fact can only take down extremely weak shields by one episode, you maintain your ludicrous position.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Yep, the repressive dictatorship that is the Federation would be seen as a threat to sentient rights. Especially when they learn of the Maquis and Insurrection incidents.

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Random? Show how it is random? If you can't then perhaps you should reevaluate your argument here and apologise. I'll be waiting.

9. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

So for sure they would go to war? I dont see the republic heading to war for only that reson wouldnt they try and contact them sit down with the Fed leaders and come to some understanding? But then again I dont know much about the Feds or what they would do.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You keep saying the same thing over and over, prove it!

Oh, yeah, you CANNOT. There is NO proof in the series or movies to suggest such a thing!

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

How in the world can I prove it was truely random? By Random I mean you are making the numbers up as you go.

I can prove it thusly: Prove that your numbers are supported by FACT or shove it up your ass.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The Feds will always choose peace over war. However, if it should come to it, they will kick the Imperial ships around like tinker toys.

13. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Republic not imp and I dont think you could *kick our ships like tinker toy It would be a good fight but it would just come down to numbers.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Quality > Quantity

TIE Fighters would be like insects on a windshield against our shields and X-Wings and Blastboats would be like ants being burned with a magnifying glass.

It has been shown how Phaser output is far in excess of anything a TurboLaser is capable of. Photon Torpedos and Quantum Torpedos make Proton torps seem like water balloons. Trek shields can (and have) withstood impacts and radiation far more than what Wars shields have been shown to fail at. Best of all, our ships are faster and more manuverable and our fighters are capable of interstellar travel while Wars are not.

Finally, our transporters give us a rather self-evident advantage against the ships of Star Wars. As well as that, without variable shield harmonics, Wars ships are unable to adjust their shields to protect better against weapons fire. Once we determine exactly how your shields work we will find the frequency and variation of phaser fire that will best penetrate and degrade your shields and hammer away until you are defenseless. Then we will destroy your vessels and take your people prisoner so that they may stand trial for what they have done. Neural Supressors will be used to keep any of those able to use the force under sedation and a non threat.

Should we be unable to directly destroy your ships, we will simply transport your bridge crews directly into our brigs or, if need be, into space. We will use torpedos to detonate your engines and leave you floating helpless in space. We will send marine transports to take over your ships and destroy them from the inside out.

No matter what, Star Trek will prevail. Our superior ships, tactical abilities, and the fact that we don't have a singular ultimate goal beyond improvement gives us the ability to adapt far faster than Star Wars ever could.

15. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

What ever helps you sleep at night mate ^_^

16. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

You guys make this sound like a religion so i'm going to stay out of it for a while until I can get more data take care every1

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I can dispute the torpedo warp sustainer theory- In Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan

When Spock is fired from the torpedo tube, the torpedo enters warp even though the ship ISN'T MOVING. It warps to the Genesis planet.

Boosh, torpedos can reach warp on their own.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Fettman, i've given the data the best I can given the evidence in the shows and movies. Trek would win given said evidence.

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Oh so you actively ignored the proof I gave. it was described as such in Voy: The Voyager Conspiracy and actually shown to be just barely capable of taking down a weak shield in Voy: Blink of an Eye.

So you are just proving that you are lying fool who wouldn't know feces from crisco

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Are you Drunk?

I posted the numbers based on observation and physics.

We know from Survivors that a small surface area impact of 400 gigawats took down the Enterprises shilds like a needle popping a over inflated balloon. Now I made the postion that perhaps each 100 square centimeter area can witstand a 400 gigjoule impact. Now large strikes like Photon Torpedoes and Phaser sweeps would wash over a larger area thus dispersing the power over a greater area. This works much the same way a Kevlar vest can stop a hollowpoint much easier than a saboted round.

We know from watching the asteroid chase sequences that some of the moving asteroids are easily 20 to 50 times the length of the Millenium Falcon.

As for the specific heat and metling points you can go look them up

Now if you have an argument, make it or slink off to your rock

21. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You are drinking, the Enterprise was in orbit of Genesis planet when the photon was fired. The trail you see is the ion trail of the engines. Besides the warp sustainer engines would had to have been removed to fit spock in there.

22. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Well Star Trek doesn't have either so i guess that is moot.

Tie Fighter Laser canons are a minimum of 20 kilotons with a high end of roughly a gigaton, or at a high end of 200 multikinetic mines you tout so much and FAR beyonf you pittiful 2,000 gigawatt SBBP shields on a Galaxy class cruiser. A, B, E,W, X, and Y wing fighter are all shielded and carry mulitple weapons systems. Skipray blast boats carry ful sized Turbolasers and cap ship shields.

Okay Several errors here Phasers have been shown to be far weaker than even the guns on a TIE fighter. Photon torpedoes are 25 ton weapons and quantums are at best kiloton. Turbolasers are a 12.5 gigatons level weapon. or half a billion times the canon readout of a photon torpedo. Wars shields have NEVER been shown to fail under radiation, even at Nkllon. In that case it was the sensitive equipment that was suffering from photon bombardment as welkl as anything inside that was opposite a window. Still the ISD stayed there for twelve hours at no risk of being destroyed.

Finally Most of Star Wars fighter are capable of interstellar travel that makes Transwarp look slow.

Transporter are so limited as to almost be a liability in combat if you rely on them. SW shield do not need harmonics mainly becuase the engineers of SW have ironed out all the little weaknesses and foibles. Finally one shot form one Turbolaser would be enough to completely cripple even the best protected federation ship.

Are you kidding even if you came across a accident that crippled an ISD the armor alone is enough to make transporters worthless. Seconf there are 50,000 people on an ISD all armed and a good number of them armored.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  23. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Seriously...
    The Dyson Sphere is no match for the World Ship... a super-natural being guards the world ship...
    Oh, and the Vedrans can hide ENTIRE STAR SYSTEMS with no way in or out except through specific slipstream routes... meaning... ST or SW cant get in or out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.