Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Everyone keeps refuring to the ISD and Enterprise. What about Mon calamari cruisers. The Klingons must have something else than BOP i guess?

The borg are useless. An Ewok with a slingshot can take him down.
    I interested in those Voth though. What can they do except transwarp?

can the warpcore of a ship be replicated?

The enterpise E can go warp 9.7 but not for a long time. Why?

If the empire can manage to take a Fedaration ship. Howlong will it take for scientists to replicate it's technology.
    I mean it, both universes would have eachothers tech in matter of days. So Q is the only thing left.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I've been thinking. This one is for you Kittamaru & FoolfromHell.

You assume that Q were human and got back in time. Wright?
    Therefore Q woudn't excist nor would the enterprise J.
    If we were to kill all remaning humans in ST Q would disapear so would the Enterprise J.

Because If ST humans are dead they can't possibly evolve into Q Nor can they build enterprise J. :shrug: there's time for ya, Ha Yes kaching.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Just kidding but it is a thought

come on SCOTT am i wright or am i wright.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Q are not and were never human in origin.

8. Saquist Banned Banned

Yes...but you're assuming they're part of the same universe. The Milky Way as it appears in the Star Gate series or as it appears in ET or in Star Wars but correlating relations is not necesarily the same Milkway Galaxy...it merely "looks" the same.

9. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

I was joking...
    Scott makes assumptions.
    If he has the right, so do I.
    Plus, Q says that humans will eventually ascent to something much stronger than even Q...

10. Saquist Banned Banned

When did he say that?

11. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Q has never said that, Q is disdainful of humans generally, but he and the Q begrudgingly have hopes for the younger races...except maybe klingons

They DO have respect for the Borg though. (STVOY, S7, Episode entitled Q2)

12. Saquist Banned Banned

Yes. I recall..."the ultimate consumer"

I have a question...why haven't we've seen the reuse of the famous regerating Cube we saw in the first episode? how do you think it's done?

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, a good point was made... making it ST's universe (Milky way) vs SW's Universe (inner and outer rings and all that jazz)

Star Trek would have, as allies.

StarGate
    Babylon 5
    Andromeda
    and (potentially) Galactica

But that's different timelines... if we are assuming full length timeline, then all of those things would have had umpteen thousands of years to "evolve"... but my question is this:

if SW has been around for so damn long... why is it the Jedi are just now dying out? Why haven't people come to accept them yet? in Trek their timeline is shorter but more concise with less loopholes overall

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

All Borg ships can regenerate- it involves taking power from weapons, engines, and life support and routing it directly into the repair subroutines. Few borg ships (I think ONLY tactical cubes and tactical spheres) are able to move and fire while in regeneration- it's basicly "sleep" mode, but allows for very quick repair.

15. Saquist Banned Banned

but how does the hull and component just ...grow back...it's metal...

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It's not just a solid piece of metal- it's quadrillions of microscopic Nanites as well. They break down the busted up pieces of ship and reassemble them where they should be. Sort of like how when you break your bone- you simply stick the two pieces approximately where they SHOULD be, and your body does the rest. Same with the nanites.

17. Saquist Banned Banned

But there was whole sections being recreated...and Enterprise took out 20% of the ship

18. Saquist Banned Banned

Check this out...

If that borg mine spoke of in Star Trek Voyager rated at 5 million Isoton is true...I think we can find out the true fire power of the ISO in Megaton terms.

They tell us that 5,000,000 ISO tons would have a dispersal radius of 5 lightyears. Well I looked up a little info on blast radius.

It seems The Hiroshima bomb had a blast radius of about a mile (from yaho questions) They say a 1 mega ton nuclear weapon would effect about 7 miles.

Using a simple porportion...it seems

that a 5,000,000 Iso ton warhead would equal a 4.2 billion mega tons.
    If I did the math right then...

1 ISOton equals about 840 megatons

making 25 ISOton warhead about 21,000 megatons....
    I've got to confirm these numbers though....

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

It's not directly proportional - it varies with the cube root of nominal yield. I have a spread sheet set up somewhere on my hard drive. I'll post a link/ PM it to or something, when I find it if you want.

20. Saquist Banned Banned

On the other Hand...If we use the proportion to calculate just the blast radius of the afore mentioned Solar system which at least 100 AU's then...

1 ISOTON equals 265 megaton of matter and antimatter as used in a torpedo.

at just 25 Iso tons a torpedo could produce a 6,642 megaton blast. Impressive....

21. Saquist Banned Banned

Of course...I figure one is for an atmospheric blast and the other for a blast in a vaccuum. I'd be most appreciative for any information please post a link for that spread sheet. I'm not a math major so I'd appreciate an explanation too. If you don't mind.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It has to do with the borg nanites and how the ships are designed Saquist- beyond that, I'm not 100% sure.

I do know that it makes it damned hard to kill

23. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.