Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grimlockprime Registered Senior Member

Now if this thread was " A group of Federation ships traveled through a rift in space and entered the Star Wars universe and meets the Imperial Fleet during the "Jedi" movie main battle" then I could see only using Fed tech and ships against all the Star Wars elements in the arguments.
    As far as I read though, this is a "Star Wars vs Star Trek" thread, that means include EVERYTHING in both universes to fight. That includes V'Ger, Voth, 8472, Borg, Q, and all the Super Star Destroyers, Death Stars, ect....from the Star Wars side. That would be like having a "DC vs Marvel" thread and only using Superman vs Silver Surfer without including Galactus, Thanos, Doomsday, Zod, ect.... If it's both universes fighting, include ALL elements.

The Death Star is very powerful to be able to destroy a whole planet, I will give it that. However, that power would fall short of putting a dent in the Whale probe from Star Trek IV(there is no debating the size of that thing, and the ability to hold a planet like it did.....), much less V'Ger. Also we must include the Voth City ship into this equation, although the firepower of that ship was never shown, all that was known was it was easily able to transport Voyager inside and shut everything down. V'Ger was digitizing entire galaxies, something the Empire couldn't think of accomplishing with a Death Star. Then we could also include the Krenim Timeship. The Krenim Timeship was an awesome weapon that fell victim to a combination of Borg and bad script writing. The Krenim could simply make the calculations and *flash* the whole fight is over. Species 8472 and the Hirogen are fierce fighters, like the Klingons. Of those 8472 shows the toughest abilities, being able to cause massive, planet killing firepower and able to inflict genetic damage in hand to hand combat.
    Then there is Borg......since we are talking the whole of each universe that would mean the entire Collective, after the first few ships get hit, they will adapt, then the fight is over, especially since Voyager gave them even more knowledge on how to adapt to things. Even the Q know the Borg are a pain in the ass to deal with. Quote from "Q2" Voyager episode:
    "If the continuum has told you once they have told you a thousand times. DON'T PROVOKE THE BORG!" - Q to Q2

Then there is the Force. The Force....great sci-fi writing and excellent for the universe they are in. The ability to choke, make lighting, jump, and detect life are very impressive. Several species in Trek have shown similar abilities with telekensis and telepathy not to mention all the species that "ascend" and all that other psych babble.

The trump card of the fight is Q. Q are nearly, for lack of better terms, gods, and with a quick snap of the fingers the continum *could* fling the entire Imperial fleet into a black hole *if* they even needed to do that. Since we are debating Trek vs Star Wars, then we must assume that the Q are in this fight also. There is no debating the power of Q, and if needed they *could* just go back in time and wipe out the Empire and Alliance when they were still puddles of goo.....

Now, to be fair, if it was purely a Federation vs Empire fight or something like that, then yes, maybe, elements from the Star Wars universe might win.
    You also must remember that somehow it seems humans ALWAYS win

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So how about a new fight.....how about Star Wars vs Andromeda......

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

I'd have to agree with a vast majority of that...

While the star wars Fans believe that the Q wouldn't intervene there are at leasat two individuals beyond Q himself that would...and it's not like one is enough...

Amanda who's parents had her the Old fashion way...and she Ended up Q...Don't tell me she wouldn't intervene and that she's incapable.

And the Female Q who's child is directly a product of the assistance of Captain Katheryn Janeway....Not to mention the "child" himself....

To think these Q would do nothing or that Q would do nothing as a Galaxy was invaded is stupid...

If you read any trek books you'd know that the Q are the ones that placed the Great Barrier and the Galactic Barrier in place to protect the Galaxy in the first place...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

How is Elite Force not cannon? It was formed IN the voyager episodes if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, the other races in Trek could utterly rape most of the Imperial assets- the Youzan'Vong Doval Basins could prove to be problematic...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Okay, You have Q that is fine we counter you Q with Ang-ti Monks and again we are at ground zero.

And yes there are things that prevent the Q from meddling too much, in fact the one that interacted with Mortals too much as stripped of his powers. They have a strict rule of non-interference. Little things like messing with a few humans is forgivable, but something like undoing an entire galatic civilization just to end a war would be outside what a Q would consider acceptable. Besides by defination they would have failed before they began...

Krenim Timeship fell to it's own devices and via Star Trek canon cannot exist. Just fact. It became a paradox itself and therefore taken out

The Borg could TRY to adapt to Star Wars weaponry, but lets be honest the weapons carried by the Captial ships are many millions of times more powerful than the Phaser Arrys on a Galaxy class Star Ship. Nothing has shown that the Borg become completely immune to a weapon system. In fact we have every indication they just are able to boost their defenses by analyszing the attack and adjust their shield to cut damage back down to a managable level. Unfortunately they would be dealing with weapons far beyound their energy production capabilities. Their vaunted ability to adapt would be largely pointless.

Okay Species 8472 will as always enter the fray and after the find out the enemy has one shot one kill advantage versus their vessels will leave. They hate an even fight and abhor one that has them at a disadvantage.

The Voth could conceivably be an obstacle, however they also seem to be only slightly ahead of the Borg and thus little threat. Same with the Hirogen .

As for the Probe, the Death Star would simple destroy the probe. it is not all that large at all only a few kilometers.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  8. grimlockprime Registered Senior Member

Counter all that with the Christian god....

We are talking Earth people and all...

Just noticed your edit.
    V'Ger.... let's not forget that one.
    Now the thread was "Star Trek vs Star Wars" not "Race X will only join if..." no, we are talking all of Trek vs all of Star Wars in a grudge match fight to the end, correct?? So in the end, Trek would win when the big players hit the field.
    The probe from Star Trek IV, the whale probe...only a few km??? It's much larger than that, it's had Earth in it's beam, the Death Star is only the size of a small moon. Probe could hit a Death Star at warp and probably barely feel it, and V'Ger would wipe almost anything short of a Q out instantly.

Edit...again**
    Ok, I am not sure on the size of the probe for certain. There is a Trek site that gives lots of quotes, stats, ect....from the shows and movies called Daystrom Institute Technical Library or something like that. That is where I check for most of my information, which in most cases is accurate. There is a size chart comparing all the vessels, the probe, Dyson Sphere, and V'Ger are at the top as far as size if I am not mistaken. The probe is many times larger that the Voth City Ship and slightly smaller than the inner vessel of V'Ger, not counting it's outer plasma cloud according to this sites info. It could be wrong, but eh, it's just sci-fi, guess we won't really know until someone builds a Death Star and V'Ger shows up, but I won't hold my breath waiting for that one...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I still have to wonder... if trek could beam thru star wars shields (and they are able to beam thru shields, but it requires a lot more finese than a standard beam thru and much shorter ranges)...

if I were Picard... I'd simply beam out the Deathstar/ISD/SSD's power core and sit it in space beside them.

no power, no weapons fire.

Also, what about the fact that I have seen damage "leak" thru shields in Star Wars (and in trek when the shields were weakened)

The way I see phasers used is a lower output setting until a weak "spot" in the shields is found, then a sustained burst is held at a higher output- it makes sense to me, and visibly that is what seems to happen.

And remember- vader is dead... Yoda is dead... the only "powerful" force wielder left is Luke... granted he's damn strong, but it's only one. From the books I think he has some jedi in training but they aren't masters yet...

I think it'd be fun to see what would happen if Trek ships were outfit with Metaphasic shielding and Ablative armor generators... that and the Transphasic Torpedoes from Voyager EndGame would be awsome

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Alright so big Players win Staff of Darkness swallows whole sets of universes, since it is Star Wars item Star Wars wins....

Do you really want to play that way? We were trying to do realistic and keep with canon. Not go "Well, species 8472 will team with the Borg and assimiliate the Q and..." The Star Wars side has stuck to the believable and reliable. But if you want to pull the "big dogs" I refer you to the Staff of Darkness in it's current resting place in Cularin system a rip in the Dark Side of the Force that can and will devour everything, nothing is safe, not stars, black holes, Q, force spirits, or even Space Time itself, in the end only the staff will remain. Fun game, huh.

11. Saquist Banned Banned

Paramount is explicit about what's canon and currently canon is what you see on screen not including The Animated Series.

12. Saquist Banned Banned

You wish...

You think that's why they stripped him of his powers?

Strict as in...we'll let Q have his fun and then lock him up? Follow your own vocabulary Scott...

I can see your parents raised you to be strict on lying? Just a few large ones are forgivable?

That's exactly what the Q have done...Hense the Galactic barriers.

You're sitting here talking the Krenin Time ship couldn't exist and you're still flappin your gums about the Death Stars like they still exist...Get a clue...hypocrit...

The mistake that Warsies make is that they think the right amount of fire power will cure everything. The Borg make fire power a non issue...It's the Frequency you must match....otherwise you're not getting through.

As we know...the Star Wars galaxy has no experiences with adapting there defenses in such a way.

Nothing? Phasers either did damage or no damage...Photon torpedos either did damage or no damage...That's on screen and thus canon...That's called immunity. So your'e wrong....

And they wouldn't have a problem taking down a few laser guns...

wonderfully because of Janeway we could easily write in an agrement, a deal between 8472...We know they exist in this galaxy in some sort of presence...I think Janeway could get there assistance.

They'd be the biggest problem...Star Wars has no deffense against their technology.

The Probe is somewhere between 30 and 35 TIMES the size of Space Dock. The Death Star which doesn't exist wouldn't get close enough to fire a shot.

Your run down is over...Star Wars wouldn't have a chance in the Milky Way Galaxy....It has far more diversity far more obsticals dangers and traps...

The Star Wars Galaxy is small...figuratively speaking...Black holes and anomals exist all through the Milky Way...

Do you know how many Star Destroyers would get stuck in Tikken's Rift before they'd figure out to stop following Star Fleet ships to the location? The Bad Lands...Wars doesn't have a captial ship capable of navigating the plasma fields. With metaphasic shields Star Fleet could find safe haven in every star well beyond the reach of a STar Destroyers pitful guns...

And that's if it were a running game...Yet we know a Galaxy class vessel could do more damage to a bit a rock than a Star Destroyer...So we do know it's not a matter of simple fire power...And I'm glad because that would make the story pretty boring much like the star wars story against Trek call Conquest

While I don't think a Galaxy could take on the Star Destroyer head on it does have it's tactics...

It's heavy phasers could do it's damage from a distance but while I believe the turbo lasers on the SD numbering 60 would mearsure out a total of 8 giggawatts in power the Galaxy would have to worry about the main batteries . That's why I'd have to vote on the SD...Bigger and sporting more actual individual fire power points than the Galaxy. While the Galaxies strenght is going to be more manuverable and torpedos that could penetrate shields..

Most because if small shielded snubb fighters could penetrate the shield so could an even smaller shielded missle...The catch is to find a break in the shields to manuver through like the fighters do...photons aren't that intelligent.

So I think it'd be an intresting fight.

13. grimlockprime Registered Senior Member

The scenario is Star Wars vs Star Trek. So you want to play that game of "reality" or whatever

....fine, we will play it your way.
    Alliance and Empire won't team up against Trek, they will still be mortal enemies. Alliance and the Empire keep fighting their fight, Rebels blow up the Death Stars, Vader dead, Palpatine dead, Yoda dead, Kenobi dead, Ewoks(yeah, lets go there) take out Empire ground forces, need I go further?

Trek wouldn't have to compete with the Death Stars, the Alliance destroyed them. Super Star Destroyer...gone, thanks to the Alliance. No Dark Side baddies to fight thanks to the Alliance, so basically all that would be left for Trek to fight is whats left.
    Federation, Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, have all been seen working together against the Dominion, so we can be correct in saying they would work together on this. Janeway made friends with 8472 so worrying about them attacking the Fed is minimal, so we can add them to this side of things.
    Borg, obviously would see the "more advanced tech" of the Star Wars ships and not give a damn about the Trek ships, we have seen many times the Borg ignore lesser tech ships and threats to go after the big toys. Then, we can include what is left of the Dominion(still has plenty of forces in the Gamma Quadrant btw), Breen, Hirogen, Kazon, Voth, Videons (still no rebuttle to V'Ger by Wars side) fighting just about everything in sight, Trek or not.

Now for the spirits. OK, let me see, the Force really doesn't seem to do much from the grave other than "use the Force Luke" and appearing by camp fires. So Vader, Palpatine, Kenobi, and Yoda are not a factor...they are dead. What is this crap about Q not interfering???? How many times has Q helped Picard save humanity?? I honestly can't believe you would think the Q wouldn't have a little fun with these guys....I mean come on, the big bad Empire and the Dark Side got owned by teddy bears with bows and arrows, the worst thing like that for Trek was tribbles, but I mean come on, we see how easily the tribbles were rid of. Next on the spirit list would be the Prophets protecting Bajor....they wouldn't let Bajor be destroyed, and besides, what would the Alliance use to kill planets? The Death Stars are blown up.....

So yeah, lets play it your way.
    Now as for that Staff, obviously it was created by someone. The Q wouldn't allow such a disruptive force to exist. They could go back in time and wipe out it's creator. Kirk could do that with a Klingon ship and warp speed(yep, I went there...lol)

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

That is very true... but Kirk is dead (I believe he was killed in Generations while in the rift)

Though Janeway would have no qualms going back in time and bitch-slapping the whole of star wars before they even got off their planet

15. Saquist Banned Banned

Kirk might not be dead if what die on Amargosa was a reflection of Kirk and Kirk himself is still in the Nexus...

16. grimlockprime Registered Senior Member

Oh, yeah, I keep forgetting that Nexus thing.
    Janeway is sexy when she's pissed..

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hey you guys were the ones who wanted to bring in the Big Dogs, uthe Star Wars side was happy with just the standard stuff.

Besides there are mulitple SSD's the Executor was just the first. The Emperor managed to transfer his soul to a clone in the world of Byss. There are still many Dark Side force weilders alive at end of ROTJ and even a few Jedi. Try reading some books.

18. Sian Registered Senior Member

So if the Q are involved, we don't have a fight, because their galactic barrier keeps everything inside inside and everything outside outside.

I guess we're done here. *blink*

19. grimlockprime Registered Senior Member

Q are in, so the fight is over. Gods(as close as we have seen to them anyway) trump all. The end.

Books....hmmm, wasn't aware we could use book material! I thought we was using movie and tv material! Well then, let me dig through the stacks of them I have and come up with some good stuff. Wait....Q still win.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  20. Saquist Banned Banned

Not according to Canon.
    George Lucas said that Return of the Jedi was the "Happy Ending" it appeared as. Everything else was for the sake of continuing the saga for the fans sake. That's why Lucas has strapped down the saga so no one else can make any more movies.

So the Emperor is dead.
    There was only one Super Star Destroyer. That's is...canon...

21. Saquist Banned Banned

If you wish...but that doesn't make for good stories.
    I'm just saying involvement...not the cure.

The Q have placed certain entities in this Galaxy and have contained them. Others they've place at the center of this Galaxy and contained them...Still others yet attempt to enter this Galaxy and they've been restricted.

When that barrier collasped in one book the Q acted...The Entrance of These Jedi...or Sith would dramticly alter this little experiment of theres and would change the Milky Way forever...There is already one Galaxy that has these traits...why would they wish it to happen to they're own=? (Yes I'm assuming that this is there home...the books have...)

The Prophets...the Organians, The Metrons, The Voth, Iconians, Shapeshifters of matter and shifters of energy, Borg, Dominion, Gods and God like creatures applenty...Appolo...Crystaline Entities, Pah wraiths, HurQ, Prometheans, Hirogens, Robot controled sectors...telepaths that kill with a thought...Doomsday Machines, El Aurians, Klingons, Romulans, Breen, Federation, Tholians, Ferengi, Caretakers (which Trek has no shortage of(protectors)) Q, V'ger...a whole planet of them...the Cetacean Probe, Kevin, Reginald Barclay's genius designers, Abilities to throw star ships far far away, Negilum, a host of energy entities we still don't fully understand...inteligent and rudimentary...

Star Wars will be biting off more than they can chose just with the inteligent portion...Is this really a fight they'd want to pick?

No...They don't know the half of if...HECK we don't know the half of it...But Star Wars will try in my story nonetheless.

22. Nasor Valued Senior Member

When have the Q ever shown any interest in helping anyone in the ST universe who was about to be conquered by the borg/dominion/etc?

Most likely the Q would be the ones who were responsible for the whole thing - you could imagine them deciding to transport a few thousand star destroyers into the Alpha Quadrant just to watch the show.

23. Sian Registered Senior Member

It was your suggestion, dude. I'm just following through to the logical conclusion. I'd forgotten that the Q turned the Milky Way into their own little protected nature reserve. It's okay. It really simplifies things. Especially with you willfully misinterpreting SW canon like you have been this whole time, which I also understand. Your (weak) technical argument, and by association RSA's, crumble under LFL and Paramount official canon policy.

you don't like Gigatons? you don't like 60 millionC? you don't like 5e37 joule superlaser? That's tough. Published, approved, not contradicted by higher source. None of your squirming can make it stop being canon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.