Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George1 Registered Senior Member

well it works if the series is BASED on it. like i said, primeval.NOT work without time travel.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Well, what can you say, it is Dr. Who!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. siphra Registered Senior Member

I dont recall the blast radius of those weapons but unless they are >> 20,000 KM each they would be detonated out of range.

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

No.....

But the dimension eater have that kind of range iirc.

9. siphra Registered Senior Member

Just looked it up, Resource says 3,000 m range (so 3km, meaning they would be destroyed long before ever getting close to blast range. And while yes, the SDF macross cannon would hurt, its apparent power is about equal to that of a BlackStone Fortress, so it is survivable by 40K ships.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Dimension Eater have a way bigger range.....here is something....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gX7S8rUfnA

11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, found a good video. The laws of physics don't work.....because it is a sci-fi. I can't find a good video ( haven't gotten to that episode, I forgot if it is in the anime or the manga ) of the mech that is the size of an universe. NOTE: This video is a spoiler. 24 minutes, a full episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0tqGjdGYCM

The fight is pretty much the entire episode anyways.

P.S. The "ground" they are fighting on at the fight, it is not a galaxy, it is way bigger, it is a plane created by them just to fight this battle. The galaxies were the things they threw around and 1 shotted. It is epic, watch it, the dialog is kinda funny as well. I can't take them seriously with those voice actors.

12. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

The transdimentional jumping in Andromeda imo is the best defnece you can get. No matter howmany 40k ship you send to intercept , It won't have any effect except extra target pratice for the andromeda. add novabombs , and a point-singularity weapon. The andromeda can just go pure guerillia style on any foo.

Jump in for a milli-sec. drop payload jump out. they wouldn't not know what hit them. It they start firing and lauch missiles they would just hit themselfs

shift your troops infrom of the queens (borg or Nids) shoot shift out. collective memory my ass. Take out the mind and all you have left are zombies lol.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

14. siphra Registered Senior Member

Ok, Universe size vehicles are just... well ... ok, I can't even fathom fighting those with anything due to sheer scale.

As to Andromeda Ninja jumping in and out... its not going to be so cut and dry, and singularity weapons, no sweat...

15. George1 Registered Senior Member

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Not just that, they can pretty much make weapons out of thin air, and actually fire the big bang at somebody ( I know it doesn't make sense, it is fiction ). The COLLATERAL damage destroyed countless galaxies in gurren lagann.

17. Nexarc Troper In Training Registered Senior Member

As well as physically change the laws of probability just by the sheer amount of manliness the pilots radiate. Actually....reality itself can implode by the great density of awesome, which is the reason the villians wished to suppress everything they can.

Awesome anime, but it leans more towards science-fantasy than science-fiction.

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

19. George1 Registered Senior Member

you probably feel good with that claim. say what you like.

star wars STILL ROCKS

20. siphra Registered Senior Member

Episodes 2-6 sure, the Books sure, But clone wars and episode 1 != Rocks

21. George1 Registered Senior Member

ok, i find all episodes nice, sure episode 1 is worse than the rest but its not that bad, lol.
    the clone wars is probably the best animated series ever. the story is just awesome, the battles are just WOW.

22. Trekmonster Registered Member

Babylon 5 was the greatest sci-fi series ever made but its not on the list:soapbox:

23. George1 Registered Senior Member

i watched only a few episodes of it...ok, a lot actually, mostly of season 5. but i couldn't say its the greatest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.