Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George1 Registered Senior Member

ESTIMATED power. i also divided it a 1o thousand, a hundred thousand, a million... and then i said it's probably less.
    I don't even understand myself. i'm a douche! but i'll keep warping things into my favor!
    oh, so that's what you do? WELL WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YA SAY SO BEFORE!? i can accept defeat at this tiny part.
    SORRY

I doubt you are anyway...[/QUOTE] secret

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And yet none of that matters as it's simple and silly supposition - there is NOTHING to back those figures up, AT ALL.

Hey, you said it, not me.

Because until now I didn't even realize you were trying to post pictures - there wasn't even so much as a "red x" or anything - it wasn't until I quoted that one particular post that I saw the URL's there and realized "hey, something's missing here".

Right...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

did i spoke to walls the last HOURS!!!!!???? pages of proof, arguments, debates...who the fuck you think you are?
    i was just reading your thoughts.

so much for that.
    YES

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I think I am Brian J Collins Jr, resident of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States citizen, born and raised. I believe in the power of simple logic and the ability of the human body to overcome most, if not all, of it's perceived limits.

As to how that relates to the fact that your "evidence" is nothing but baseless theory and unsupported opinion, I am unsure - what was your point about who I am?

Actually, I think you're a sad, unloved child that is in desperate need of a proper education...

Lolwut?

Yes you aren't good at any of those? Okay, that settles that.

8. George1 Registered Senior Member

you do a grate job of not showing it.
    FAIL.EPIC FUCKING FAIL.
    you fail again at backing that up. IT IS SUPPORTED. BY PEOPLE SMARTER THAN YOU. get over it already!
    a guy who is smart but arrogant, who refuses to accept defeat. i cry for people like you.:bawl:
    sad? i'm certainly not happy right now! My parent love me. BACK OF FROM THAT.my education is not your concern, but if you really want to know, i passed all classes so far with no problems.
    your average thought.

not responding, Mr.Perfect.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I do a grate job?

I do a grate job... are you sure of that?

It doesn't matter if you think they are smarter than I am - that is an APPEAL TO AUTHORITY, a fallacy, and does not hold water in a logical debate. Try again.

Uhm... okay...

And thus we see why the American scholastic system fails so badly...

About what exactly?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not perfect. Just, apparently, better at debating than you... or are you just trolling some more?

10. George1 Registered Senior Member

keep trying, this is another FAIL. their AUTHORITY is bigger that yours. Their AUTHORITY is acceptable. YOU don't like it, so again you try to get around it by warping thing in your favor.
    sorry to disappoint ya, i'm not American. didn't you tell that by my bad grammar already?:m:
    everything.
    oh, i'm not over if that's what your asking. better at debate? FAIL:spank:
    YOU STINK AT IT. you constantly deny my backed up proof and arguments, you are not ready to lose, hardly a debate. this was you just "deny deny deny, no no no, i am better than you! deny again. i don't accept your proof, so i DENY it again." get some debating skills. i don't say i'm better: i do need improvements, since i wasn't able to convince you.
    but you need heck of a lot more improvement

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Mm, sorry, but it doesn't work that way - if you don't understand appeal to authority, then that's your problem.

That's even worse... where are you from? I ask only so I know never to visit... or attend school there.

So you know my thoughts now? Interesting, very interesting.

*giggles* ooh, you ARE good for a laugh, aren't you.

Go home little troll, and ask momma how you are supposed to provide evidence for your claims. Going "he said she said" is not evidence... going "Dr. X said" is not evidence, especially when "Dr X"'s degrees have nothing at all to do with the topic at hand (astrophysics is NOT mechanical/electrical engineering, just so ya know)

12. George1 Registered Senior Member

no, it's your delusion. i had this discussion before, with even more arrogant trekkies,many of which i respected deeply for their arguments, and none of them rejected Wong's, Saxton's or any other. shame...i really thought i can debate civilized...
    BUT I JUST CAN'T WITH ASSHOLES LIKE YOU. now you insult my country huh? for the record, i'm from Romania. i don't like my country, but you better watch your mouth. i don't like violence, but i can't say the same about some.
    ah, you think its funny huh? i lose my sense of humor every time i reed your posts...

uke:

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

FAIL FAIL FAIL!:facepalm: it dose have a lot to do, but what do you care, as long as it opposes your ideas?
    doctorate in astrophysics= understanding of planetary telemetry, star telemetry, energy in the universe, etc, etc,etc. again, you don't even care what you write to support your ideas.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Lol... all I can say at this point.

Kid, really... go home and cry to somebody else - this shoulder is bored with your bullshit.

And you thought wrong - you are the one that started the insults, the bullshit, and general douchebaggery... so, yeah, you are, apparently, unable to debate in a civilized manner.

15. George1 Registered Senior Member

are you home? at your computer? good! take it, and throw it out the window! i can't bare you anymore! arrogant trekkie. just one of a thousand reasons your kind of trekkies are not seen well on civilized forums. you don't care about the truth! you ask proof just so you can reject it. you try to get things only your way. GTFO of the forum.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

U mad bro? Mad that I refuse to accept your pathetic bullshit excuse for "proof"? Mad that you are so incapable of even the most basic forms of communication as to be ridiculed and scorned? Mad that nobody will take someone like you seriously?

Give it a rest... it isn't the "trekkies" fault you lost - it's your own damn fault. You were banned before for this bullshit; one would think you might have taken the time to learn a lesson. Seems you're just too damn dense for that.

To quote a great character:

17. George1 Registered Senior Member

another lame excuse! don't you puke when you think this?

uke:

uke:

uke:

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Heh, excuse? Hardly - in fact, at this point I don't really care what you say anymore - you've shown yourself incapable of debating even the most basic of concepts... hell, you can't even post a PICTURE on a forum properly. Why should I believe anything you say is true given the level of pure stupidity you have shown?

19. George1 Registered Senior Member

HARDLY? :shake::shake:
    ALL YOU DID WAS: DENY EVIDENCE SUPPORTED BY PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE, SAY THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED, AND THROW IN YOUR YOUR OWN SKILLS TO COMPARE WITH ME.
    ANYONE THERE, DO YOU SEE MY IMAGES?

the sheer stupidity and arrogance is clouding your mind! you are the one who is incapable of a debate! fucking accept it. you don't have the authority or skills to deny anything i say, let alone Wong's and Saxton's. oh, ive got a warning for insulting you

feel better? i do!

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, they won't see your images... I already told you why, but you're too stubborn to accept it.

Face facts - sometimes, those with opposing views are RIGHT.

I have accepted that you cannot rely on others to always do the work for you - Wong and Saxton have been disproven time and time again, by myself, saquist, and a host of others. Are their numbers possible in Star Wars? Hell yeah - if you ignore everything but the absolute highest possible calculations...

If you want to play it that way, fine - here is the ULTIMATE REASON why Star Wars can NEVER win:

Q

Ah, see, it's fun when you play the "ultimate" card and only that, isn't it...

Cry some more son...

Anyway, as much fun as it is to watch you attempt to shove your foot further in your mouth while simultaneously attempting to shove your head further up your ass, it is nearly 3am here on the east coast and, while I actually have the day off tomorrow, I would like to be awake and coherent sometime before noon.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  21. George1 Registered Senior Member

now that's a response i was really not expecting! :spank:
    oh, ho, really? cuz we only talked about those that DO have high reading. but i also talked about low readings(the weapon output of Slave 1, only kilotones) but that doesn't interest you, dose it? ah, and who the fuck may i ask again are you and the other to disprove them? they showed a more direct and accurate reasoning than any one of you! yes, i rely on them, i also make my own calculations, but that doesn't interest you either dose it?
    aha, and why will "omnipotent" Q get involved in this? hes more likely to fuck your federation, klingon, romulan borg and so one just for entertainment! he would sit and laugh.
    now you are insulting my family and me? ok then, i just attacked you, but if you really want a this,THIS is what your get.

yet another pathetic attempt,that FAILED! get over yourself. you lost long ago. i didn't put in the Force. Or Mandalorians (who would fuck the Klingons any time, any day, anywhere). Or even the sheer industrial, economical and social superiority of SW, that towers over it. Now its usually the time when normal trekkies of your kind jump in with the Dyson Sphere, or Vulcan nerve pinch or punch or whatever, or some other random stuff that at some point made it into an episode that makes normal peoples mind degenerate from the overuse of technobable crap in every scene possible, in an attempt to make it look real and its fans think of themselves smart.
    BRING IT ON!

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Simple - if we are assuming all of trek vs all of wars, as Q is part of trek, he's involved. Period.

No, just you... but it went over your head.

*giggles* Bring it on... there's nothing to bring - after all, one cannot fill a broken glass, for the water of knowledge will simply flow back out.

The Force is a non issue (no midochlorians in Star Trek, so it'd be like the 'Vong all over again). Mandalorians? Puh-lease. The industrial and economic superiority of SW? Oh, you mean of the Empire, which was unable to crush even the little Rebelion?

Face it... it's a classic David vs Goliath... and Star Trek has a very sharp, very deadly stone aimed square at Star Wars forehead.

See, here's the thing you don't seem to get - technobabble or not, if we see it on screen, it's cannon. Period. End of story. You can't say "oh, I dont' like that, so Trek can't use it"... if we see it, it happened, they can do it. PERIOD.
    Anyway, if you're done with your silly posturing, it's time for me to head to bed.

23. George1 Registered Senior Member

you insulted my family douchbag.

yeah, THEY are involved, but their not actually friends to lower lifeforms. they proved that lots of time. but you don't care about it actually making sense, dose it?

my my, that's supposed to be smart?

the Vong LOST! SO WILL ST IN THE FACE OF THE FORCE. midochlorians are not the SOURCE of the Force, but an INDICATOR, a COMMUNICATOR to it. make your homework.
    ignorance again.
    no, i mean the whole SW industry, but pretty much yes. And for the record, the Rebelion was far from an isolated organization. They had the Mon Calamari shipyards at their side, on the step with Kuat's shipyard, the main producer of the Empire. They don't even lose; they are just set back because there was no clear future Emperor, so after Palpy dies, the Moff's start a Civil War. Even after that, they still remain a galactic power, the Imperial Remnant. make your homework.

and Star Wars has a impenetrable defense and unmatched weapons. This is a very good point: they have a technobable rock, SW has a planet buster. your rock will hurt, the laser will torment!
    get over it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.