Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

No idea what that is.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ricrery Banned Banned

It's a video?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

No, I mean the Imperial Guard.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

An army that probably outnumbers the Arachnids?

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Zerg rush!

9. ricrery Banned Banned

Ha, the Imperial Guard outnumbers the Zerg too!

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, no. this is quite false.

After all, I could drop a large heavy safe on an M1A1 Abrahms and it'll do zero damage, yet have significant kinetic energy.

however, a SABOT penetrator round, which is far, far, lighter and smaller, will cause SIGNIFICANT damage to an M1A1, yet has less kinetic energy.

Why?

Kinetic Energy in a FOCUSED AREA.

Size matters.

The E-E is a big, heavy ship, but it only hit with a very small (less than two decks tall at the tip of the saucer) area. As such, ALL that force was concentrated into a VERY small area.

It'd be like the difference between getting hit with my fist, and getting hit with my fist with a 6 inch long aluminum spike attached. One is going to do a FUCKLOAD more damage, yet they will have pretty much the exact same kinetic energy.

Get the picture?

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If you HONESTLY believe this, then you really are mentally deficient... I mean fuck, the Zerg can spawn 2 zerglings for, what, a pittance of minerals?

12. ricrery Banned Banned

GAME MECHANICS FAIL.

"3rd Edition Rulebook, Page 114

Hive Worlds
    Population: ≤ 500,000,000,000 ≥ 100,000,000,000
    Tithe Grade: Decuma Particular-Exactis Extremis
    Aggregate: 1,400
    Aestimare: B50-R400
    Comments: Surface generally inhospitable, even deadly, to human life after centuries of processing. Urban conglomerations called Hives, many miles in height, are principle population centers. Factory, mining, and atmosphere processing are main industries. High import / export ratio, particularly foodstuffs and fresh water incoming."

This is backed up in the 5th edition rulebook, which states that “Each Hive world is home to many hundred billion citizens, crammed into towering urban conglomerations, known as Hives.”

"Fifth Edition Rulebook, Page 115

Hiveworld Minea has a population of 154 Billion, and there are 32,380 Hive worlds in the IoM. Minea’s planetary draft is 1.249 million per year, compared to Regimental Tithe Worlds contributing between 5 to in excess of 50 million per year (p.138)

Another Hive world mentioned, Coronis Agathon, has 10 million soldiers for a population of 120 Billion.

List of 35 planets, each provide an absolute minimum of 650 million Guardsmen per year (p.135)"

So, it’s established that the typical Hive world has hundreds of billions, with tens of millions in the PDF. This gives the Imperium a human population in the single digit quadrillions by adding up the numbers of the Hive Worlds alone, with a massive amount going to troops, but let me prove it.

The 5th edition rulebook had some info on 35 Hive worlds. These 35 worlds provide 650 million Guardsmen each per year. That means that in 10 years, nearly 228 billion soldiers would have been provided from these planets alone. There 38,221 Hive worlds left, each of them providing tens of millions per year at the least. The Imperial Guard number in the trillions.

Now, let's compare that to the largest Brood that only has 6.5 million Zerg. The Imperial Guard have single fights on planets with numbers larger than that. Bye bye Zerg.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*shakes his head sadly*

Ah me, such ignorance... such simplicity... such quaint, childish dreams.

I'm not even going to debate this with you, and will leave you with this:

The games StarCraft and Brood War are, above all else, the highest canon, as per Blizzards own policy. As such, we get an idea of just how quickly the Zerg can bolster their numbers - a single Hive with a Spawning Pool can create a small army of Zerglings in MINUTES. Now, even if we take away the suspension of disbelief and say that each in game minute is in fact a year of real time, that STILL means that the Zerg can create new bioforms FAR FASTER than anything the Imperium can offer up.

If they so chose, they could create enough zerg to simply cover a planet in a layer ten meters thick of writhing, biting, clawing, spitting, chewing, tearing zerg.

Face the facts Riceroni... your beloved IoM, and indeed, all of Warhammer, simply is not that potent. The only "trump" card it has is The Warp, and things derived from said warp, including such gems as Void Shields. However, none of this is terribly different from the Protoss (including Scale if you want to go by game mechanics, which would place a Protoss Carrier at some dozen MILES long if I'm not mistaken). If you recall, the Zerg simply overwhelmed the Protoss with shear numbers.

In the end, the Barbarians always win...

14. ricrery Banned Banned

Because you know too little of W40k to argue?

And? If you weren't too lazy to look at the post, you'd see that the BIGGEST Brood has only 6.5 million Zerg. WOW, less than what Zoica achieved.

I don't know what opinions you have kid, but they can't do that.

Are you SERIOUSLY saying the Zerg could beat Warhammer?

Ignoring Necrons, Tyranids, Imperium, Orks, Eldar, Tau, Dark Eldar, and Chaos are we?

If you thought of yields, you would discover this is not the point.

Imperium simply by outzerging the Zerg. Fuck, the Tyranids are several OoM more numerous than Zerg.

The Terran's have taken control of the Zerg, overpowered their entire race, and even forced them to group with Terrans and Protoss. The Imperium faces Tyranids who are stronger and more numerous than the Zerg and win. Prove your claim that Zerg can casually create sextillions of troops, as such bizarre claims require bizarre evidence.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Lawl

You don't even know why the Zerg, or even Jim Raynor himself, could own the entirety of WH do you... that's amusing.

For someone who claims to know SO much, you really know so little. There is one item in SC that would utterly annihilate all of WH. It'd be like using every single HALO at the same time on the WH universe, but phase inverting the Halo's to implode everything into the Warp, and then implode the Warp in on itself.

But you don't know what it is...

HAH! I laugh at your ignorance! HAH SIR! HAH!

16. ricrery Banned Banned

Oh I get it, you're trolling. Anyone with an iota of knowledge has stated that the Zerg are weaker than Tyranids, let alone the Imperium. Hell, if you really think that the Zerg can beat Warhammer, why don't you post it on Spacebattles? If you don't, I will automatically see that you are trolling.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I already did nubbins, lol.

And no, I'm not trolling, I'm dead serious. SC has ways of winning wars your beloved Warhammer couldn't even DREAM of. Subversive, underhanded, and outright cruel ways, that would make even the most hardened veteran weep if they were to see the aftermath.

Oh, and I can think of someone in Trek who could solo all of Warhammer on their own...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why? Because

1) He's good at fucking things up.
    2) He has the "cannot die... ever" "character shield of doom" (tm)
    3) He's good at "fixing" things (which more often than not ends up referring to point 1)
    4) He can't die - he has to be home in time for curfew

18. ricrery Banned Banned

Then make the thread.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It's already there - if you can't find it, that's your damn fault.

After you get all pissy (and after people have replied) I'll post a link to it here.

For now, here's a screenshot of it to prove it exists:

20. ricrery Banned Banned

This is going to be fun, but I love how you didn't bring up waging war on another. Change of heart?

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Hardly, and that's the beauty of it - you are shooting yourself in the foot here, and once you realize how, you will probably have to ask someone to dummy smack you when you realize just how badly you've been had.

But for now, I'll continue laughing at you until you figure it out... actually, I'm going to bed - I'll laugh at you some more tomorrow

22. ricrery Banned Banned

Haven't been had.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

How do you know if you haven't been had - after all, part of the fun of taking the willey out on someone is that they don't know it until its far, far too late.

And trust me, it is beyond far too late, and slowly creeping towards far, far too late. I reckon it'll be around the point of "Oh shit THAT's what happened?" before you even realize you've been had

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.