Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I wanted to see your response to my post, but whatever. To your last comment, you fail again. Sunrise Studios did not participate in the production of Halo Legends, nor did any Bandai subsidiaries. Sunrise is well known for their original animes. They rarely do co-productions, and they mostly do their few co-productions with Toei Animation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

You already know me opinion of this comment

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

GUNDAM FOR THE WIN! Kido Senshi Gandamu rules!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ricrery Banned Banned

I am not a big fan of anime. I see your Gundam, and raise you a Culture!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

I don't care, like I like anime.

8. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Culture who?

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Just like you don't care about facts.

10. ricrery Banned Banned

Yeah, it seems like a Gundam in Halo movie, but it's not made by Gundam writers, even though the movie brought numerous Anime writers make all of those shorts.

The Culture that could toy with the Forerunners- Hey, Forerunners are a Culture ripoff!

11. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Yeah, still not ringing a bell.

12. ricrery Banned Banned

*smashes Omega's head in* Bad! It's a book!

13. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

What book? And please answer straight forward.

14. ricrery Banned Banned

This one, but some of them were crap (Matter), but others were really good (Use of Weapons).

15. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I'll have to look them up sometime.

16. ricrery Banned Banned

Great, and some news.

Behold the Precursors!

17. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

The Halo Encyclopedia has retcon the Covenant to using AM reactors. Oh, and those reactors in FS were powering a shield system that could repel the collision of a small moon

Point defense against the hundreds of Archer missiles the UNSC love to spam at them when their shields are down.

Shiva warheads being threats to UNSC ships at hundreds-thousands of kilometers away disagree. And the Halo Encyclopedia per Halo's Canon Policy overrule the older sources.

Each of those mines was 30 Megatons and the Covenant ships had already taken a lot of damage and were in the middle of making repairs when that happen.

Also, halo Canon policy is New>Old so for the time being the Halo Encyclopedia overrules older books. Halo Enc. gives a standard ship MAC gun as firing 600 ton rounds at 40% the speed of light and SMAC platforms as firing 3000 ton rounds at 50% the speed of light.

UNSC captains are afraid of Shiva warheads going off hundreds-thousands of kilometers from their ships. MT range the standard ship to ship Shiva warheads is not.

Halo Legend visuals per Frank O'Conner are not reliable because they had to make ‘concessions to the medium’.

Hell! Halo Legends even attempted to fuck over the games in Origins pt. 1 when Halo rings showed up in orbit around Covenant homeworlds. The fact it can't even stay consistent with the games continues to damn using anything from it even farther.

18. Ilithi_Dragon Dragon Overlord Registered Senior Member

Hmmm... I will have to do more research on the Halo universe, as I'm not that familiar with it.

I would like to get back to the original topic, however, of ST vs SW, which has continually been diverted from, and is my only real interest in this tread.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Prophet, if that is all true, then we must ignore legends completely - we can't pick and choose our data from it. If the games/novels are highest canon, we go by that, especially as the movies seem to show some pretty... weird... shit.

And that Prototype suit... that's more like an Elemental from B-Tech, not a giant mecha from Gundam...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  20. ricrery Banned Banned

Oh no, whatever they didn't contradict is canon.

21. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

obviously, as you just proved, AGAIN (what a surprise!), you are too dim-witted to understand my subtle points. So, don't even try next time.

22. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

it's not about what is or is not contradicted! But, of course, we've been telling you that for the last few hundred pages; oh well, it's not exactly news that you like making propaganda.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. ricrery Banned Banned

And you are too clueless to figure out how to quote properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.